Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Huge poll is huge (What PSA do you want?)
Sub-Zero (Captain Falcon)
Boba Fett (Snake)
Etna (Peach)
Bowser jr (Bowser)
Psychryphias (Peach)
Electabuzz (Diddy Kong)
Ifrit (Donkey Kong)
Blanka (Donkey Kong)
Vega (Shiek)
Seymour (Zelda)
Vaati (Toon Link)
Frog (Toon Link)
Gardevoir (Zelda)
Groudon (Bowser)
Hammer Bros. (Mario or Ice Climbers)
Light Yagami (???)
Wrestler (Snake)
Banjo (Mario)
Guile (Snake)
Animal Crosser (Ness)
Balthier (Snake)

Pages:  1 ... 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 ... 195
Author Topic: Aafyre's Vertex and Texture thread (08/27) Desukan Preview  (Read 784798 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2415 on: July 21, 2011, 08:19:07 AM »

The only really bad thing about this is... How would he fight in stages like Hyrule Temple? Or Spear Pillar? Or other stages with ceilings?

Giga Bowser gets stuck in those stages... Groudon would likely too.

Who the heck plays on those atrocious stages XD

I've tested that size mod on both.  It works fine.  And I'd make it a little smaller than the size mod.  Also, just a side note, but it wouldn't be a one slot size mod, but a full slot one.  This way there won't be any grab glitch.

i didnt use the size mod yet but  if tha air moves will do like 18 damage or more like you said and him being this big it will be too easy to just destroy the oponent but i will try that size mode when i get home just to see how is hit  and dmage from foward smashes doing up to 40% is insane  i think he should be like lucario maybe make the more damage he has the powerful his moves get maybe in the begining he would have few damage and knockback and from 100% up gets an extra buff and 150% damage up he gets what damages are now  i think it would be fun since he could activate sunny day too when getting the high damages xD

also like the user abode me said that size he will be stuck on small stages even in luigis mantion :S

You don't really know the game too well do you?  Firstly, Bowser's F Smash does up to 46%.  Now imagine that but even SLOWER.  That increased reach comes at the price of him being an absolutely massive target.  Using that one slot size mod, you get utterly dominated by other characters because they can hit you so easily.  If you've played the final event in Melee against Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganon, Giga Bowser was stupidly easy to beat because of how huge he was.  They'd hit you before you even get the chance to hit them.

This is the reason I'm giving him the small heavy armour as well.  So that he doesn't get dominated very easily.

And the 2nd half of what you said barely made sense.  Like, really...

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2416 on: July 21, 2011, 08:22:22 AM »

remenber giga bowser is  a FS you use for like 30 seconds or less is not for playing all the time of the match

edit the 2nd part was just the more damages he gets the powerful his attacks are  much like lucario  but if he is a bit smaller it will be fine and your riht i nerver use bowser so i dont know his damage outputs :S
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:33:32 AM by Carnage » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2417 on: July 21, 2011, 08:24:53 AM »

remenber giga bowser is  a FS you use for like 30 seconds or less is not for playing all the time of the match

Mario Facepalm I was talking about THIS Giga Bowser.  The one in MELEE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMiKSbw8LyU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMiKSbw8LyU</a>

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2418 on: July 21, 2011, 08:26:22 AM »

If you've played the final event in Melee against Giga Bowser, Mewtwo and Ganon, Giga Bowser was stupidly easy to beat because of how huge he was.  They'd hit you before you even get the chance to hit them.
    Read correctly please. sDo0m is right, Giga bowser in Melee was 2 good hits and he'd be dead. He had no chance at all unless either Ganon or Mewtwo got you.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:27:16 AM by Puraidou Beoulve » Logged

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2419 on: July 21, 2011, 08:37:08 AM »

i was talking about the colter post not sdooms i know giga bowser in melle was easy to beat soz for the confusion

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2420 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:30 AM »

i was talking about the colter post not sdooms i know giga bowser in melle was easy to beat soz for the confusion
    Ah ok, it's misunderstanding then. It's best to quote the person you talk to, to avoid these things.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2421 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »

good old mario vs giga bowser in melee... those where the good times xDD

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2422 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14:49 AM »

Ah ok, it's misunderstanding then. It's best to quote the person you talk to, to avoid these things.

^ This.  These exact words XD

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2423 on: July 21, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »

SDoom, I really like what you have for Groudon so far. I'm glad you said to make Eruption stronger the lower your percentage Smiley

For his Drought taunt, do you think it would be possible to make it really sunny out, like what Hollow did for Sephiroth's final smash? Obviously not that extreme though...

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2424 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:57 AM »

SDoom, I really like what you have for Groudon so far. I'm glad you said to make Eruption stronger the lower your percentage Smiley

For his Drought taunt, do you think it would be possible to make it really sunny out, like what Hollow did for Sephiroth's final smash? Obviously not that extreme though...

Kinda.  I can make it sunny and have a representative sun appear, but only for the taunt itself.  I'd probably need to give him some sort of aura or something to signify that he's under the influence of Drought.

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2425 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:32 PM »

Why not make him flash red?

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2426 on: July 21, 2011, 01:49:22 PM »

or captain's fire from his taunt

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2427 on: July 21, 2011, 01:52:03 PM »

Why not make him flash red?

or captain's fire from his taunt

Either of these could work.  Though I think the flashing red would probably work nicer.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

« Reply #2428 on: July 21, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »

Aafyre, for the sake of fairness, you should make another poll with just Sub-Zero, Groudon, and Banjo. Being that there are a majority of "wasted" votes that went towards other choices, those people should have a chance to influence the PSA choice. Sub-Zero or Banjo could easily win, assuming there are enough people with that PSA as their secondary choice.

--------
    I will admit, I'm a bit biased against Groudon (although I'd still suggest another poll regardless). To me, Groudon seems like more of a novelty PSA that isn't extensively enjoyable. Having such a large character is always going to present problems, regardless of how much balancing is attempted. The two other leading poll choices, to me, present more potent opportunities for a fun PSA.

You could also argue that the Pokemon series is over-represented... why not have some variety and support another videogame?
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:08:28 PM by mariofan1138 » Logged

Cascade Hellsing
    Your Lord and Master
    Lol Kitten

Yawn

• Awards Sniper Hey! Listen! Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2429 on: July 21, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »

Aafyre, for the sake of fairness, you should make another poll with just Sub-Zero, Groudon, and Banjo. Being that there are a majority of "wasted" votes that went towards other choices, those people should have a chance to influence the PSA choice. Sub-Zero or Banjo could easily win, assuming there are enough people with that PSA as their secondary choice.

In all fairness, this is Aafyre's choice. He didn't even have to make a poll in the first place.

Pages:  1 ... 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 ... 195
    Print
    Jump to: