Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help with Samus/ZSS .pac file interaction  (Read 1870 times)
racespacegrool
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 02, 2014, 09:12:24 PM »

Hello!

I am new to hacking, so forgive me if the solution seems obvious.

I have edited both .pac files for Samus and ZSS. I did not edit any textures, and all changes involve only the base stats and damage of moves. I am able to load both these .pac files successfully when I select the character.

However, there is a problem when either one gets the Final Smash and transforms. After the transformation, it seems the game loads the default .pac for either Samus or ZSS. Any of the changes I've made to the other does not show up. After getting another Smash Ball and transforming back, my changes are all there again.

e.g. Samus (hacked) transforms into default ZSS and back to Samus (hacked); ZSS (hacked) transforms into default Samus and back to ZSS (hacked)

Basically to see the edited .pac files, I have to load the character from the select screen. If they are loaded through a transformation, the default .pac file is loaded and not the edited one with my changes. This means I cannot play both hacked characters in one game.

Strangely, this does not affect Zelda or Sheik. When using Transform, I am able to load both .pac files with the changes I've made.

Currently I only have the .pac file in each of the fighter/samus and fighter/szerosuit folders. Is there a file I'm missing that is causing this weird interaction after a transform?

Thank you for your time!

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:22 AM »

Did you try saving the 2 .pac as .pcs? I read that transforming characters, even Wario/Super Wario, need both when Brawling normally.

P.S. Hello! Cheesy

racespacegrool
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »

Thank you for your help! I've given your suggestion a try, but transforming via Final Smash still loads the default .pac file.

racespacegrool
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 01:59:06 AM »

I still haven't been able to fix this Sad

I've been looking at an alternative solution, such as disabling the transformation during the Final Smash.

I've found 2 hacks on this site that do just that, but my game freezes at the stage select screen when I try to load the match. According to the files I've downloaded, they are just simple replacements for the .pac files for Samus and ZSS. Is there any reason why the game is freezing? Do I need an additional code (I only have the File Patch Code right now)?

Here are the links to the two hacks.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30464
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30472

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 08:15:59 AM »

I still haven't been able to fix this Sad

I've been looking at an alternative solution, such as disabling the transformation during the Final Smash.

I've found 2 hacks on this site that do just that, but my game freezes at the stage select screen when I try to load the match. According to the files I've downloaded, they are just simple replacements for the .pac files for Samus and ZSS. Is there any reason why the game is freezing? Do I need an additional code (I only have the File Patch Code right now)?

Here are the links to the two hacks.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30464
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30472

These "No Transformation" files are PSAs, and the uploader said "These can be used like any other animation", meaning they're regular animations, so if you're a Project M user, this won't work.

Also, I re-read your OP, so ignore my comment on "saving it as .pcs"; instead, look to see if your have both the FitSamus/FitSZeroSuit.pac AND the FitSamusMotionEtc/FitSZeroSuitMotionEtc.pac; if this still doesn't solve the problem, I'd suggest moving this to A/A Help, as that's what this really is.

racespacegrool
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »

Thank you again. I've tried having the Motion files in the same folder, but it didn't seem to solve the problem.

EDIT: I got the two files above to work. Turns out they crashed the game because I made changes to the .pac file. I am not sure why. A file size limit perhaps? Is there a way to make changes so they don't exceed the limit?
    « Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:19:45 PM by racespacegrool » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: