Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1797231 times)
songeflemy
Master Puppeteer
Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3945 on: July 13, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »

Oh [censored], I had the game for 3 years and I just now found that out >.>
    My other post isn't relevant anymore.

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3946 on: July 13, 2011, 10:31:33 AM »

release it!!!! I want a battle between ultimate spidey and yours!!!

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3947 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:37 AM »

Too small?

His head is the same size as his MvC3 model. But okay.

I guess you didn't shrink the body with it, or maybe the neck was too long, it made him look like a real life Goomba.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3948 on: July 13, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »

I guess you didn't shrink the body with it, or maybe the neck was too long, it made him look like a real life Goomba.

Kill it with fire!

Black Neon X27
    Supreme Kitten

I'm Back! Tsuna progress time!! :)

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3949 on: July 13, 2011, 10:44:57 AM »

Kill it with fire!

Nooo! I like it! They made the goomba's so tall that the M bros coulsn't stomp on his head.

Hi SonicBrawler!

ThyLASA
    Hyper Kitten

We're Only Human

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3950 on: July 13, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »

SDoom did you get my PM?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3951 on: July 13, 2011, 11:03:04 AM »

SDoom did you get my PM?

About Taskmaster?  Yes

ThyLASA
    Hyper Kitten

We're Only Human

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3952 on: July 13, 2011, 11:07:06 AM »

About Taskmaster?  Yes
    Well did you like my idea's

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3953 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:08 AM »

Well did you like my idea's

Yes, I liked a lot of them.  Of course I won't use them all, but I did like quite a lot of them

ThyLASA
    Hyper Kitten

We're Only Human

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3954 on: July 13, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »

Yes, I liked a lot of them.  Of course I won't use them all, but I did like quite a lot of them
    Thanks I put a lot of thought in to him

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3955 on: July 13, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »

This is the problem right here.  Spidey isn't a Brawl- PSA.  At the moment he's designed for vBrawl so of course you're going to have trouble XD  It's difficult for me to properly take into account your balance complaints if you're playing with the wrong codeset.  It would be like someone taking my Brawl- Burst Sonic and saying it's OPed after hours of testing it in vBrawl or BBrawl or Project M.

Oh and common misconception, Brawl- isn't faster than vBrawl.  As a codeset, it's the same speed as vBrawl (I know this for sure because as I said, I play with vBrawl movesets in Brawl-'s codeset).  It's not like Brawl+ and Project M where the codeset makes the game feel faster.  The reason why Brawl- feels faster is because every character has been manually made faster and the hitstun has been increased.

Ok, well one of the common complaints that you had was with the animations.  First off, let me say that it was my full intention to make this Spidey based largely of MvC.  That's not going to change.  My intention was to make as many moves as possible fit to MvC (this was my intention from the VERY BEGINNING) and in that front I think I succeeded somewhat.  Our visions are different.  Point is, I'm not going to redo a load of the animations because I spent a good while customly animating them.

And sorry to come off as whiny, but I think that deserves some credit to me at least.  Animating doesn't get quite as much credit as it deserves, especially since that's what takes the longest out of all things in a moveset (next to bug fixing) because I animated almost every main move from scratch (barring the U Tilt and B Air of course).  And remember that this is MY moveset.  I should have the right to do it how I want.

Another things that I noticed instantly about your suggestions is that you're (you may not even realise it) making him overpowered completely rather than balanced.  If I were to take into account all your suggestions, he would have no weaknesses, making him overpowered as hell.  

But let me break it apart more:

- AAA combo has been fixed.  I'll be updating the version soon.
    - How is 10% too much for the F Tilt?  It's not even that fast, and doesn't kill until quite late.  Most F Tilts do about the same if not MORE than that.  10% isn't too high at all.
    - The U Tilt I may change completely.  It's sort of a filler at the moment.  I don't really like it.  It's not too useful.
    - Now let me put something into perspective about the D Tilt.  Spidey's D Tilt does 4%, which is the same as Ness' and 3% less than Lucas'.  It has a bit more knockback than Lucas', and roughly the same speed but more range.  It also has a lower tripping rate compared to both of them.  My point is that it's just as much of a damage dealer as those two moves.
    - I will make the U Smash hitboxes more disjointed so they can hit further in front of him.  It is rather hard to hit with it
    - Never had a problem landing the F Air.  I find it actually to be his most reliable killing move.  It's his strongest aerial both damage and knockback wise.
    - I also never had a problem comboing with the U Air at all.  Infact, I had to nerf it quite a bit because it actually functioned as somewhat like a Wall of Pain move at low %.  It did 11% before I nerfed to 8%, and I was able in some cases to build up about 60 odd % just by short hopping and spamming the U Air a few times.
    - There is a sweetspot for the B Air.  I just made it more well rounded.  Sheik's was pathetic if you whiffed the tiny sweetspot on her foot.  I kept this sweetspot, toned it down a bit and made the whole move more well rounded by making it so that the rest of her leg actually did something.

- And yet at the same time, we have Data right there saying the Web Ball too spammable XD  However, what I think I will do is decrease the end lag and increase the start-up quite a bit.
    - He comes to a halt?  Never noticed this.  I always found he kept a bit of his forward momentum.  But either way it can't really be helped to be honest.  I tried many things to get this to even work nicely and the current way it works was by far the best way.
    - Up B needs quite a bit of revamping.  I like the idea of web swirling around him whilst he ascends.  I may also make it so that rather than pressing B to do the follow up, the follow up happens automatically if you hit the attack
    - Yeah the Down B on the ground is indeed too slow and not rewarding enough.  I'll increase the start-up quite a bit.
    - Maybe it will have two swings in the air for the Brawl- version, but honestly his ability to move is insane enough as it is.  Actually, I think that more knockback won't really help the move.  It's an approach move.  It shouldn't have high knockback.

- Down Taunt speech bubble isn't appearing because you aren't using the FitZelda.pac I included.  I honestly don't even know why I bother with Readme's sometimes ¬_¬

*Sigh* Feedback can be a little depressing sometimes, especially when you just wake up to find this massive review situated at the bottom of the page @.@  PSA's take so much more work than every other kind of hack, but get the most criticism.  This is understandable though, because there are so many more factors to take into account when making a good PSA compared to, say, making a good vertex, texture or stage.

1: I never intended to insult your work. If you took offence to any thing I said then I apologize. I have a nasty habit of coming off as arrogant. My real name is Aires for a reason :p I dont do it on purpose... It just happens.

2: I knew the differences between vbrawl and brawl- I mix the two together often. I actually use the zero psa for link because it does well in minus. And I believe cloud was made for vbrawl too. My point being I figured it would be somewhat accurate. But thats also why I said take it with a grain of salt.  

3: the review was a bit early on my part... Some of the complaints stated dont really apply after I continued to play test for some number off horus after I wrote it. really the only complaint I have more is the lack of recovery he has. Thad and sol the spider sense. But other that for a beta it is rather balanced...so give yourself a cookie.

My complaints came from a lack of experience with it but now that I've got it down there are few.

4: most read me stuff I've seen was useless info so I spouted reading them if it was just a psa.. Als.o.. I have a zelda hack so I can't use your pac... So I just won't use that taunt.

5: psa get the most criticism cause they are the best hacks and the most anticipated. If I could do what you do I'd remake brawl just for kicks and giggles... 1/3 of my roster is  your stuff. That was the largest post I've made on this site outside of requesting nightcrawler.

6: if you make a brawl- version...great, but if not...I'll make fire.I've already put sheik to rest with spider man and she its gonna stay that way till I get nightcrawler... Brawl- or not.

7: overall, great work homie. Again, I'm not trying to offend with anything I say. Your stuff is top tier no doubt. But I did realize that instead of giving a personal opinion, I'll have to learn and do it myself. I'll be watching those tutorials after work today.

8: can't wait til the next beta is out.
    ps: typing on a android sucks squirrel nuts.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3956 on: July 13, 2011, 12:46:05 PM »

My spidey has a small graphic glitch with his entry. Im pretty sure it isnt suppose to happen because the entry in your video SDo0m is different. For some reason the web my spidey slides down looks like a pigs tail and is all curly, not straight.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3957 on: July 13, 2011, 12:58:26 PM »

Sorry SDoom, but I have to give up Iron Spidey Sad The texture is to hard to do with a lack of an actual textures from any game. The Cube thing I found wasn't good enough. Some one else feel free to try him out.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Juri Han
    Extreme Kitten

Give me your XTC~♥

• Awards Active Contributor Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3958 on: July 13, 2011, 01:36:12 PM »

My spidey has a small graphic glitch with his entry. Im pretty sure it isnt suppose to happen because the entry in your video SDo0m is different. For some reason the web my spidey slides down looks like a pigs tail and is all curly, not straight.

Did you leave out the edited ef_common SDoom provided in the DL? If you don't use it, Spidey's web graphics look like little tufts of air (curly).

The only downside to using it is that a few other character graphics will be affected and appear to be made of webs (Sonic's Forward Air, for example)

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #3959 on: July 13, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »

1: I never intended to insult your work. If you took offence to any thing I said then I apologize. I have a nasty habit of coming off as arrogant. My real name is Aires for a reason :p I dont do it on purpose... It just happens.

2: I knew the differences between vbrawl and brawl- I mix the two together often. I actually use the zero psa for link because it does well in minus. And I believe cloud was made for vbrawl too. My point being I figured it would be somewhat accurate. But thats also why I said take it with a grain of salt.  

3: the review was a bit early on my part... Some of the complaints stated dont really apply after I continued to play test for some number off horus after I wrote it. really the only complaint I have more is the lack of recovery he has. Thad and sol the spider sense. But other that for a beta it is rather balanced...so give yourself a cookie.

My complaints came from a lack of experience with it but now that I've got it down there are few.

4: most read me stuff I've seen was useless info so I spouted reading them if it was just a psa.. Als.o.. I have a zelda hack so I can't use your pac... So I just won't use that taunt.

5: psa get the most criticism cause they are the best hacks and the most anticipated. If I could do what you do I'd remake brawl just for kicks and giggles... 1/3 of my roster is  your stuff. That was the largest post I've made on this site outside of requesting nightcrawler.

6: if you make a brawl- version...great, but if not...I'll make fire.I've already put sheik to rest with spider man and she its gonna stay that way till I get nightcrawler... Brawl- or not.

7: overall, great work homie. Again, I'm not trying to offend with anything I say. Your stuff is top tier no doubt. But I did realize that instead of giving a personal opinion, I'll have to learn and do it myself. I'll be watching those tutorials after work today.

8: can't wait til the next beta is out.
    ps: typing on a android sucks squirrel nuts.

Don't feel bad bro.  The fact that you even gave constructive feedback shows that you care ^^

Oh yeah and new showcase video.  It shows a couple of fixes for Spidey as well.  Here's what I've edited so far:

- The 2nd hit of the AAA combo has the Allow Interrupt removed.  This removes those former possibilities that it had (how it could link into attacks like the smashes etc), but it makes linking into the third hit easier (I still recommend you HOLD A rather than tap it though).  The third hit of the AAA combo also has increased knockback

- The F and D Smashes interrupt a TINY bit earlier

- The U Smash has much better horizontal reach due to it coming out 2 frames earlier

- The Web Swing and Web Zip now get restored when you get hit and suffer aerial attack landing lag (they didn't before, hence why some of you were experiencing that glitch).

- The Side Taunt inverting is fixed

- The Neutral B has new graphics (courtesy of Divine ^^), has a much longer startup but much less endlag.  It also deals a little less damage (because it is easier to combo into)

- The Entry also has revamped graphics thanks to Divine.

And here is the video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYKDpQPZrU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYKDpQPZrU</a>

Pages:  1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: