Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ike freezes in the Results Screen...  (Read 1952 times)
Luigifan141
Expert Kitten

FALCON PUFF!!

View Profile Awards
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:17:06 AM »

I have a problem. I got the Roy Clone Engine over Ike, and after a match when I get to the results screen, it freezes. I checked everything about what Roy could be doing to cause this problem; he had all of the proper FitIke.pac based files, he had the ft_ike.rel, I even had the Disable Entrys and Results code on. After looking through everything I could think of, I just decided to put back Ike instead of having Roy. So I took away all of Roy's FitIke.pac files plus the ft_ike.rel, got back Ike, and kept the Disable Entry and Result codes just in case, and guess what...

It froze.  Oh shi~

I really don't know what the problem is, since Ike didn't freeze at the result screen before I put the Roy moveset over him. Also, he's the only character who has this problem, no one else freezes except Ike. If anyone has any idea what the problem could be, please help out. Thanks!

Rest = Best move in Super Smash Bros.

nanobuds
Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:52 PM »

do u use custom result screen portraits for ike?
    i had the same problem with my naruto over olimar. i removed the result screen portraits, and it worked

Luigifan141
    Expert Kitten

FALCON PUFF!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 12:52:32 PM »

Hmm... I think that's the only thing I haven't tried. I'll see if that works or not.

Oh, and just for reference, did you delete the Naruto portraits and then get the Olimar portraits from the data partition? Or did you just simply delete the Naruto portraits only?

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:21 PM »

i just got rid of all my results screen portraits in general, and that seemed to help. i use riivolution, so when i deleted the files it put back the default olimar portraits

Luigifan141
    Expert Kitten

FALCON PUFF!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »

I use Riivolution, too. I try deleting the portraits and see what happens. I'll post back when I do.   Awesome Face

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:52:52 PM »

hope it works for ya

Rina-chan
    Expert Kitten

Voice Actress

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 02:29:51 PM »

This exact thing happens on mine too...I have a custom stage result screen but that's it. But it only seems to be Ike that freezes and only if the game is left on the results screen for a certain amount of time.

Luigifan141
    Expert Kitten

FALCON PUFF!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 03:50:02 PM »

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I did delete Roy's result screen portraits, and...
    It still freezes!  Ugh.

Maybe it has something to do with the Result Screen itself (it's the Peach's Castle one from Mewtwo2000), but I wouldn't think that would be whats causing the freezing since it only affects Ike. Plus I wouldn't know where to look in the STGRESULT.pac .

This exact thing happens on mine too...I have a custom stage result screen but that's it. But it only seems to be Ike that freezes and only if the game is left on the results screen for a certain amount of time.

Hmm... that's strange. Mine doesn't freeze after a few minutes, it freezes for me right after a match. It doesn't even show a black screen or anything, it freezes after the announcer says "Game Set!", and the pauses. Sometimes it makes that beep, sometimes it doesn't.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: