Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lylat cruise hacking help  (Read 2162 times)
Sonic06man
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:03:03 PM »

Does anyone know if there is a way to replace lylat cruise with another stage by hacking? I figured out how to texture hack it, but not how to replace it since there are about 5 files for it. Also, I know how to use rels from other stages. Any help would be great. Cheesy

I like trains.

Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 09:12:52 PM »

Huh, I had no problem with this. I just used a Final Destination .rel on Lylat Cruise to use the DBZ Budokai Tournament stage over it and it worked. Any rel should work if you have the right one. Which stage type are you trying to put over it?

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

Sonic06man
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 01:23:20 PM »

What do you mean by stage type? Do you mean like if its a model import or something? If so, then I think I am trying to replace it with a model import stage. Also, which of the STGSTARFOX.pac files do I need to name the stage?

Edit: I am actually trying to replace it with a model texture stage. This is the stage im talking about: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=19541
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 05:26:17 PM by Sonic06man » Logged

I like trains.

Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

I think I might know the problem. I had this problem at least. It might be the same.

This one site told me that the stage .pac file needed to be named STGSTARFOX_ASTEROID.PAC. That did not work. I wanted to test something, so I found a download that WAS for Lylat Cruise, and looked at its .PAC name. I named it STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC and it worked. The module file, if you need one, is just named st_starfox.rel. That might be the problem. All I did was name it STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC and it works fine. Hope that works for you.

And I downloaded the stage you linked and looked at it in brawlbox. I'll assume it's originally for Brinstar because, well that's what the maker said and also said the .rel included was to put it over Yoshi's Island (Melee). Assuming it IS originally for Brinstar, here's the module file you'll need to play it over Lylat Cruise (unless you have one).

st_starfox.rel

Like I said, unless you already have one, download that, put it in your module folder and just rename the stage .PAC to STGSTARFOX_GDIFF.PAC and it should work. At least that's what I have set up on my SD card. The stage file name threw me off, cause I saw several different ones. If not, you could try the other names it has, but this one hasn't failed me.

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

Sonic06man
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »

Wow, thanks a lot!  Grin

I like trains.

Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 07:19:08 PM »

No problem. Lemme know if it works or not. It should, I hope Cheesy