Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Dolphin and Brawl  (Read 6790 times)
8o8 Dark
Extreme Kitten

Discs are for people who like scratches

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « on: May 16, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

I've tried to use Brawl on Dolphin, and it works, but when I try to use hacks (I've only done CSS, CSP, PSA, Texture, Stage) Dolphin stops working. I'm using SJS's CSPs, a few custom CSPs, a few downloaded textures, etc. I know it isnt just the csps because when I try to load ANY hacks it doesnt work  Sad. Anyone know why?

rar! rar! rar! --8o8 Dark

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »

You may have to set up a custom ISO in order to get your hacks to be present with the Dolphin Emulator.

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:37 PM »

Custom ISO? Umm... how do I do that?  

EDIT: I Srubbed it and everything, I'm pretty sure everything was the same. Oh. Wait. Do files have to named exactly the same as the original? Because I just replaced the ones that I wanted to mod without renaming them  Kirby Dance
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:23:17 AM by 8o8 Dark » Logged

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 05:36:57 AM »

if u replace the files on the iso normally it keeps them the same name, but if u use the partition builder with the new wii scrubber it wont rename them. also dolphin lacks gecko support so if u need codes for ur hacks it wont work right

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »

im not using codes, but to make a custom iso, do i just extract brawl's partition from the iso? and how would i make the custom stuff? Angry Undecided

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:17:37 PM »

im not using codes, but to make a custom iso, do i just extract brawl's partition from the iso? and how would i make the custom stuff? Angry Undecided

You basically replace the things that you want to change.  Using the partition builder lets you replace more than one file, but because the Brawl ISO is very big (approx. 6.93 GB), it'll take awhile to recreate the Brawl data partition.

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 02:43:45 PM »

uhh... what if u just replaced them one by one? because i already did Angry. Would I have to redownload the files i want and use an unedited brawl iso?

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »

no u can replace them one at a time. that is how u get a custum iso

Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »

thats what i did, and when i load anything that involves a hack (like the stage builder codes) or the css, it says this:

Back Patch – no support for operand size 1

Error encountered emulated address 31c7153e.
    Culprit instruction:
    Movzx eax, byte ptr ds: [rbx + rcx]
    At 0x12e0c96c

in a new windows, then dolphin stops responding. tried like five times, and the same thing pops up. anytime i try something like a code or a mod.

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 04:19:13 PM »

thats what i did, and when i load anything that involves a hack (like the stage builder codes) or the css, it says this:

Back Patch – no support for operand size 1

Error encountered emulated address 31c7153e.
    Culprit instruction:
    Movzx eax, byte ptr ds: [rbx + rcx]
    At 0x12e0c96c

in a new windows, then dolphin stops responding. tried like five times, and the same thing pops up. anytime i try something like a code or a mod.

i remember something like that happening with the css when i replaced it actually try replacing it with the normal css see if it fixes it

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »

ok. its all good. as long as no codes are used, or the css or sss is unedited, it fine. thx! however, do u know how to use a custom css or sss? the most i use is asf1nks blue css, and that it the normal one (with unedited posistions), but there is one more thing: when i use the midna (with ears and top download) with the imported midna for sheik and transform, it freezes. i know that it isnt a pac file issue, because i replaced both of them. know why?

EDIT: Most textures arent reading. Most of Ikes, Ichigo over Marth00, None of Warios, and any transforming characters freeze (except Zelda -> Sheik) the game. why is this happening? they just dont read...
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:05:53 PM by 8o8 Dark » Logged

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

ok. its all good. as long as no codes are used, or the css or sss is unedited, it fine. thx! however, do u know how to use a custom css or sss? the most i use is asf1nks blue css, and that it the normal one (with unedited posistions), but there is one more thing: when i use the midna (with ears and top download) with the imported midna for sheik and transform, it freezes. i know that it isnt a pac file issue, because i replaced both of them. know why?

EDIT: Most textures arent reading. Most of Ikes, Ichigo over Marth00, None of Warios, and any transforming characters freeze (except Zelda -> Sheik) the game. why is this happening? they just dont read...

thats odd u seem to have miss placed the textures on the iso if it was a issue with the file or anything else it would freeze on that char try replacing the files again as for the midna hack it may have replaced wrong.  also don't scrub the iso more than once >.> that was a mistake i learned and it currupted quite a few files

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 09:15:52 PM »

T.T now i have to restart. but i dont know why, but the modded textures dont appear at all (i tried each other texture for the character, and it just doesnt show up, but the bsp does), and any character that i use that transforms (even one that was not touched at all on either side) freezes it...

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »

T.T now i have to restart. but i dont know why, but the modded textures dont appear at all (i tried each other texture for the character, and it just doesnt show up, but the bsp does), and any character that i use that transforms (even one that was not touched at all on either side) freezes it...

sounds like ur iso went currupt unfortunately u will need to replace all ur files again and possibly a new iso if it is also what version of wii scrubber do u use? and ur exact method step by step replacing files

8o8 Dark
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »

latest. and that is what i did. indiviual file replacement, but i think i mightve been the cause of corrupt transformations. idk

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: