Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Master of the Force-Yoda! *V.0.3 UP, Now with new textures and CSP's!!!*  (Read 28440 times)
Mr.Weegee
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #60 on: January 12, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »

...for such an eventful update, it's odd that this thread is devoid of replies.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: January 12, 2010, 10:16:05 PM »

Pssst; changelist please?  If we don't know what changed it is harder to comment.  I did DL and play though, but I haven't gotten the time to sit down and write out feedback. 

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:27 PM »

Mr. Weegee this hack is fantastic. As I red the post I was not impressed but as I played him this changed at once. He is really great.
    The Side Smash is amazing. Wait 0, too.
    This is definitly ome of my favourite hacks here.

There are some points I would change:
    1: Down B is a bit to normal for a special attack. I know reflecting and hitboxes together are hard to do but change it a little bit. Decrears the "Allow Interrupt" about 5 frames so that it will be a bit faster. (Only my suggestion) Or perhaps make the frame speed about 1,5.
    2: Air Side Attack (especially forward) has in my opinion to less reach. I always use Neutral Air A instead of forward.
    3: I think his "Dash" doesn't fit to his running animation.
    4: Perhaps you could change his jump animation to an animation like "Item Screw" or I would suggest like Kirby's jump. (Jumping up and spinning one time in air)
    5: You might increase the frame speed a little if grabbing fails. I think the recovery time is a bit to long.
    6: In my oppinion he is a bit weak. I will practice with him today but he is verry hard to play.
    7: Air Down A is to slow. About 7-13 frames faster. Or frame speed increasing(1,2-1,5).

I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS CHARACTER
    and I'm verry interested in Yoda. If you need help (I really don't think you will need one) I would be glad to help you.
    Will you make more Star Wars hacks? If not I will make Darth Vader out of Ganondorf. I hope you don't mind.

GREAT JOB and I hope I could help you with my post

All of this.

And to settle some controversy, I slowed down the neutral B a bit so that it's hard to chain it (unless you predict your opponent too well).

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 11:53:08 PM »

Ah, okay.  Sounds good then, kinda busy with writing movesets, I'll playtest and give feedback later. 

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: January 13, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »

...I'll just work on other stuff until I know what to fix...

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: January 14, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

I'm sorry to say this but Neutral B is in my oppinion useless now.
    To slow to less damage to less effective to less reaching.
    Increase one if those attributes.

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: January 14, 2010, 04:56:16 PM »

I'm sorry to say this but Neutral B is in my oppinion useless now.
    To slow to less damage to less effective to less reaching.
    Increase one if those attributes.

anything else?

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: January 14, 2010, 09:04:42 PM »

I love Down-B now.  I don't really have many complaints as this is just an awesome moveset, probably ready for smashboards.  I mean a better F-smash animation would be nice (make it spin vertically rather then horizontally and make him leap forward off the ground to catch it) but really, I like it as is.  Oh, and up tilt has way too early IASA frames, seriously try up tilting rapidly, its weird, especially since it is his second best kill move besides d smash.  Maybe up the power on some of his attacks so they can actually kill?

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: January 14, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »

I love Down-B now.  I don't really have many complaints as this is just an awesome moveset, probably ready for smashboards.  I mean a better F-smash animation would be nice (make it spin vertically rather then horizontally and make him leap forward off the ground to catch it) but really, I like it as is.  Oh, and up tilt has way too early IASA frames, seriously try up tilting rapidly, its weird, especially since it is his second best kill move besides d smash.  Maybe up the power on some of his attacks so they can actually kill?

If I get a video, I'll attack Smashboards with him.

Those two problems sound easily fixable. Any comment on the neutral B? It seems to be very controversial.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: January 14, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »

Get Fools Gil to make a video for it, I know there are several people around the boards who would be willing to make one for you.

Neutral B was broken, then it got nerfed, and it is now without a use really.  It depends on what use you want Force push to have; if you want it to be an interrupt move, make it start really fast with super armor, but give it enough end lag where they can escape.  If you want it to be a set up, give it more startup time with less end lag.  If you want it to be a spacing tool, increase its range and damage but take away its tripping ability on the ground and have it have much more pushback like its namesake.  Really, its up to you.  It should put people into tumble when used in the air though, unless you use the spacing option.

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: January 14, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »

Get Fools Gil to make a video for it, I know there are several people around the boards who would be willing to make one for you.

Neutral B was broken, then it got nerfed, and it is now without a use really.  It depends on what use you want Force push to have; if you want it to be an interrupt move, make it start really fast with super armor, but give it enough end lag where they can escape.  If you want it to be a set up, give it more startup time with less end lag.  If you want it to be a spacing tool, increase its range and damage but take away its tripping ability on the ground and have it have much more pushback like its namesake.  Really, its up to you.  It should put people into tumble when used in the air though, unless you use the spacing option.

I was gonna have it be a setup.

As for killing, up tilt kills pretty well actually, down smash kills very well, he gimps recoveries very well, and he racks up damage so ridiculously well that his killing shouldn't be an issue.  He has tons of chains and pseudo combos, he can link so many attacks together, he moves so fast and puts constant pressure on the enemy, you should be racking damage fast enough that killing isn't a problem. 

It didn't sound like you needed help killing...

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: January 14, 2010, 10:01:49 PM »

He racks up damage well, its just that his two best kill moves, Dsmash and utilt, both don't kill till at least 150%, and are both really had to land close range attacks. 

Mr.Weegee
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: January 14, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »

He racks up damage well, its just that his two best kill moves, Dsmash and utilt, both don't kill till at least 150%, and are both really had to land close range attacks. 

I thought down smash killed efficiently at 100%.

Anyway, the increased range on his aerials help. I'll also fix the neutral B and see how that goes.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: January 14, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »

Alright, if you think it would be better like that.

hawtie
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: January 14, 2010, 11:09:46 PM »

i agree with the above.

the he racks up damage very nicely, but he needs more kill moves.

The down smash works nicely, however, if it is the only main kiling move, it is easily predicted.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
    Print
    Jump to: