Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29
Author Topic: Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)  (Read 135106 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #165 on: July 29, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »

I just wanted to say that this is looking great so far! The only thing I'm worried about is the Cure move. If you are playing in a large stage like Hyrule Temple and use it as soon as you kill someone, it might be a bit overpowered to heal that much.
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 11:17:49 PM by Aafyre » Logged

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: July 29, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

So... where are the lastest files for the moveset so I can start working again?

Or do I just download the latest links in the thread? Sorry if the answer to this question is really obvious... >.>

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

Project Lightning Overseer. I OVERSEE THINGS.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #167 on: July 29, 2010, 10:50:41 PM »

You're fine. Hollow has the files, you'll need to ask him. He just finished Aero.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: July 31, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »

Hey guys, I just thought of something. Would we be able to port her actual game animations into Brawl? Like what the Lloyd team is doing? I'm sure we could, and then even more like Lightning. Cheesy

What do you think?

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #169 on: July 31, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »

I'm oretty sure that that isn't going to work at all...

CHR0's work with MDL0's, which only come from Wii games made by Japanese companies, for the most part.

Because FFXIII is on the Xbox 360 / PS3, there's no way it has MDL0's (or else we'd be using Lightning's real model imported by now), and there's even less chance that a game with MDL0's has CHR0's, so I'm pretty sure it's a no, unfortunately.

EDIT: After reading the original description of Aero, it sounds like it would be a lot like
    this
    move, right? (0:27 in the video) Soren rides a cloud for a set period of time, and you can use the control stick to move around freely. It's a good recovery, but risky because you're really vulnerable.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 02:32:36 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: July 31, 2010, 03:47:07 PM »

Well, Aero is already completed so to speak. Hollow made it like a teleport move, and I prefer that. (: Lightning jumps at a blinding speed anyway, so it sounds awesome.

Also, not to be rude at all, but Lightning's Wait animation shouldn't be hard to do. If you have been watching videos enough, you'd see that she's really laid back in her animation.

In this video its REALLY easy to see her wait animation.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsb-J74L2Q&feature=fvsr" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPsb-J74L2Q&feature=fvsr</a>

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #171 on: July 31, 2010, 04:33:48 PM »

Yeah, I saw it (that exact video, too), but it didn't turn out so well... I guess I'm not that good with animations... Tongue

I can't make them from scratch, but I can usually find a good starting base. Where did Hollow start to make his waiting stance?

Also, I finally got around to seeing the move critiques...

Alright, the moves so far, here's how I judged them.

Wait Animation: It looks pretty bad, not going to lie. Her legs need straightened out, her overall posture, too. Her left arm is too high for one.

Yeah, I agree here... I can't make animations from scratch very well...

Dash Attack: Doesn't have enough lag after wards, also doesn't seem to phase the opponent. Needs to be more of a push away move like Ike's Dash Attack.

Uh... I think this is one of those moves with the animation but no PSA yet... which would be why there was no hitbox.

AAA: This move needs, I don't know, "Slash" properties? Like whenever Marth or Link slashes. It feels like a club. Overall, not bad.

I guess I forgot to change the flags from Ike punching to Ike actually slashing... sorry, I'll fix that.

Forward Tilt: WAY to fast. Needs to be a bit slower.

Thanks for testing out the speeds of moves and whatnot! Now I know what I need to slow down.

Uptilt: Needs to be more like, of a lifter. Don't really like the animation.

Got it, I've got a lot of animations on hand for upwards slashes. The hitbox was supposed to be a lifter though...

Downtilt: I have no idea what's going on. This move needs to be an actual backflip, not the midair jump animation, also needs to be higher off the ground. this move needs to look like Zamus' Down B, just shorter, and As she's in the air, fire a shot where she was standing.

It is Zamus's down B, actually, it's just that I forgot to check Moves Character, so Ike doesn't move at all. I'll fix that as soon as possible.

Upsmash: Love the animation, but it needs to be more of a "Rising Slash" Like she stands still a bit and the sword does the work.

Got it, I'll use another animation.

Downsmash: Totally forgot to try it, I will later.

Someone said the down smash was still exactly the same; this is because I didn't PSA anything for any of the smashes yet.

Back Midair: Nice move, just needs more lag, I think her air game feels too airy. She just needs more weight to her, like Link.

I'll change her aerial gravity to Link's, then. Samus's air game is pretty airy, so I guess that's why Lightning felt like that.

Up Midair: Love how the hit comes out late! I love this idea!

I didn't PSA anything for this move yet... so it has the timing of Ike's slow up air with the animation of Marth's fast up air, which wasn't what I wanted, but it worked out great!

Nair: This move made no sense to me, I really didn't understand it. We need to fix it somehow, just make it one swing. It seemed to comeout very late.

Hmm... that's strange... it was supposed to be just like Zamus's neutral air, but thanks for telling me!

Fair: This move didn't come out right either. I'm not sure what was wrong, I think you need to test these too. Tongue

Hmm... the animation was supposed to be Marth's up B, but without moving upwards. It looks fine in Brawlbox, but I'm not sure what would be wrong with it in game... I don't really have access to a Wii, but I'll be sure to try them out soon.

Those were the only moves I tried out because I noticed they were different.

All in all, you did a great job with your work for a first try!

Thanks! And thank you for testing it out for me!

EDIT: Where did Hollow go...?

EDIT 2: I'm not waiting for him, I'll just copy and paste my changes onto his files after I'm done with what I have.
    « Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:49:57 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

ラッキー★ヨーイ
    Hyper Kitten

Thats not true!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: August 03, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »

do u have fira for moveset if not how about B> is fira?

Persona's:
    Sebastian
    White Rock Shooter

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #173 on: August 04, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »

No, >B will be Thundara (Thundaga). B is Fire (Firaga)

ラッキー★ヨーイ
    Hyper Kitten

Thats not true!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #174 on: August 04, 2010, 05:18:32 PM »

oh sorry forgot about thundra

Persona's:
    Sebastian
    White Rock Shooter

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: August 04, 2010, 05:38:36 PM »

So... while I work on the A moves for a bit, any suggestions for an entry or something?

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #176 on: August 04, 2010, 07:16:05 PM »

Well, how about she either:

Drops from the sky, stands. Very simple.

Or she appears out of a thunderstorm or something.

We need to get down her battle pose first. I cannot stress that enough. If it's not perfect I'll [censored] about it til kingdom come. xD

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: August 04, 2010, 08:21:57 PM »

I'll... er... try to improve it then...

The first entry would be really easy to do... just Fox or Falco or whatever's entry except without an Arwing.

The way it is right now, it looks like Lightning has a lot of range, but not power or speed as much. What do you think I should do to change that a bit?

EDIT: Can you PM me the costume? I swear I won't give it to anyone...
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:35:14 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #178 on: August 04, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »

can I help out with animations, how many of them are done right now anyways? 

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #179 on: August 04, 2010, 10:26:41 PM »

Uh... I'm kinda winging it as I go, actually...

But right now, the main problem with the animations is the Wait stance (sorry, again). You can download the animations from the most recent download posted in this thread, because I haven't changed the Wait stance, and I don't know what Hollow is up to at all...

There's not really a need for animations because it's not a model import or anything like that, I guess. But feel free to make any animations that you want, in case you read the description to a move and you can make a fitting animation.

There's already an animation for every move, I think...

I'll list the move and the animation that I'm using for it. (Some of the moves may not fit their description on the OP anymore).

Wait: I started with one of ZSS's win poses, but it's pretty different now...

Jab: I don't really remember, but I think it's Pit's first jab, Zelda's Swing1, and then Marth's SpecialS2Hi.

Forward Tilt: Zelda's Swing2

Up Tilt: I don't remember... but it was a Beam Sword swing...

Down Tilt: ZSS's down B

Forward Smash: Ike's Swing4, edited the beginning so there would be two slashes instead of only one

Up Smash: Ike's FinalStart

Down Smash: Ike's SmashThrowF

Neutral Air: Marth's neutral air

Forward Air: Marth's up B, with the TransN movement removed

Back Air: Marth's back air

Up Air: Marth's up air (yes, I like Marth's animations)

Down Air: Still Ike's down air, not sure what the PSA or animation will be

Actually, here's my downloads. It has the A moves mostly completed, but the automatic jump hasn't been fully coded yet and the down tilt isn't finished either. Also, the B move is the down tilt, but I'll obviously change that later.

Animations
    Moveset

Thanks for offering to help!

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: