Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
Author Topic: Erase the Noise - Neku Sakuraba, version 1!  (Read 90584 times)
Fen
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »

I'm not sure if that version of BrawlBox fixes the problems or not, but if it doesnt, then you should keep an eye on the importing mdl0 file thread at smashboards since a lot of people are having that same problem when using models from other games.  So, whatever the problem is, and whatever can fix it, I'm sure it'll be discussed there.

Also,
some random Voldo SCII moves

Sajiao Omelette
Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #211 on: February 06, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »

Neku has no model in any game that I know of, unfortunately...

Thanks for the Voldo video! That's just what I needed! Animations are going to be hard to make, though.

I've been watching the mdl0 thread for a while now, and it seems kinda random who has problems and who doesn't. I believe that ds22's Naruto has no texture problems, but RandomTBush's first picture of a successful import had one.

Fen
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #212 on: February 07, 2010, 02:52:59 PM »

I think one of the people now working on the imported Zero model got that particular model looking correctly by adjusting some texture transparencies, but I don't remember which ones.  It'd be like...10 to 15 pages back in the thread now maybe.

Lockstin
    Hyper Kitten

Im the bird your bird could smell like.

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #213 on: March 27, 2010, 01:54:20 AM »

AWESOME 2.0! * cheerful squeak*

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #214 on: July 31, 2010, 08:21:53 PM »

Sorry for necroing this thread after such a long time, but I recently got interested in PSA-ing again after a re-taste of PSA while working on Lightning, and I got a PM asking me to finish Neku off and finally release a version 1, and Neku is really awesome but this PSA isn't really, etc...  and I fixed some graphical problems and stuff.

So... any suggestions that anyone wants to throw in to the final version? I'm thinking of scrapping moves like the Down-B and whatnot because they're stupid, so everyone, please contribute some ideas or some balancing suggestions!

I'm still sorry for necroing this thread like this, don't worry.
    « Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:23:44 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

ZenBridger
    Intermediate Kitten

And then there was nothing

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #215 on: August 01, 2010, 01:52:39 AM »

I must say, I love you for continuing this. Cheesy
    While not the most perfected of PSAs, this is definitely one of the most creative and cool, so thank you very much for picking this back up.

My suggestions:
    -Fix the neutral b glitches. Though rarely, I have seen cases where after being hit while charging the lazer, Neku retains it and is able to continuously fire it without charging until he dies. And the invisible glitch if possible.
    -Change the down tilt to do less damage (or hits) or whatever. I don't PSA, so i dunno what'll fix it, but while it's a cool move, it does way too much damage (can go from 0-60 with one execution)
    -Make the up smash a little wider, as it's too hard to hit with
    -Give the up air a little hit box so if missed it can cause a tiny amount of flinch/damage as well as be able to break a smash ball
    -It seems like the tail end of the forward tilt lasts a little too long, maybe speed the attack up, but not the lag, so it's decently punishable
    -Maybe increase the knockback growth of a few of his aerials, so killing is a bit easier
    -Possibly make his up tilt hit a little bit around Neku as well
    -Have his final smash actually hit the opponent (I've never gotten it to fully connect even with them right in front of me)

And those're all of my beefs with the moveset. I also personally think his down b move is really cool, but that's just me.
    Thanks a bunch for continuing this moveset and taking my suggestions into consideration! I'm super stoked and can't wait for this to be completed, as I'm sure it'll be great however you make it.

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #216 on: August 01, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »

Hmm... so to go more in detail about each change...

-Fix the neutral b glitches. Though rarely, I have seen cases where after being hit while charging the lazer, Neku retains it and is able to continuously fire it without charging until he dies. And the invisible glitch if possible.

Hmm... I never noticed this, but I'll try to reset the variable during multiple subactions to make sure there is no charge left after firing and see if that works.

-Change the down tilt to do less damage (or hits) or whatever. I don't PSA, so i dunno what'll fix it, but while it's a cool move, it does way too much damage (can go from 0-60 with one execution)

So should it not last as long, do less damage, hit you away from the fire so it's easier to escape... what do you think I should do in particular?

-Make the up smash a little wider, as it's too hard to hit with

It was designed with Marth's up smash in mind, which is why there are side icicles to knock you into the center. I might make it taller... is that OK with you? A bit wider would make sense, as well.

-Give the up air a little hit box so if missed it can cause a tiny amount of flinch/damage as well as be able to break a smash ball

In the base of the tornado, I'll add a weak little hitbox like Pit's up air, only a lot weaker, so that it can still do damage and break Smash Balls.

-It seems like the tail end of the forward tilt lasts a little too long, maybe speed the attack up, but not the lag, so it's decently punishable

By this, you mean that the forward tilt's hitbox lasts too long? I can fix that easily.

-Maybe increase the knockback growth of a few of his aerials, so killing is a bit easier

His aerials aren't really meant for killing at all, so I think they're OK as is right now. I might and some more damage, maybe?

-Possibly make his up tilt hit a little bit around Neku as well

It does hit people on the ground, but only if they're really close, almost touching. This move was designed with Peach's up tilt in mind, but I think sacrificing some vertical range for horizontal range couldn't be too bad.

-Have his final smash actually hit the opponent (I've never gotten it to fully connect even with them right in front of me)

Hmm... I've never had this problem... do the Final Smash beams not even start?

And those're all of my beefs with the moveset. I also personally think his down b move is really cool, but that's just me.
    Thanks a bunch for continuing this moveset and taking my suggestions into consideration! I'm super stoked and can't wait for this to be completed, as I'm sure it'll be great however you make it.

Thank you!

ZenBridger
    Intermediate Kitten

And then there was nothing

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #217 on: August 02, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »

Hmm... so to go more in detail about each change...

Hmm... I never noticed this, but I'll try to reset the variable during multiple subactions to make sure there is no charge left after firing and see if that works.
    This one is really not a big deal, as it happens so rarely, so don't stress over it, if it's a problem.

So should it not last as long, do less damage, hit you away from the fire so it's easier to escape... what do you think I should do in particular?
    I think maybe having the slightest bit more knockback, so it's possible to escape at all (at low %) would be the perfect fix.

It was designed with Marth's up smash in mind, which is why there are side icicles to knock you into the center. I might make it taller... is that OK with you? A bit wider would make sense, as well.
    That'd be... cool (sorry I couldn't resist).  Awesome Face

In the base of the tornado, I'll add a weak little hitbox like Pit's up air, only a lot weaker, so that it can still do damage and break Smash Balls.
    That'd be perfect.

By this, you mean that the forward tilt's hitbox lasts too long? I can fix that easily.
    Again perfect.

His aerials aren't really meant for killing at all, so I think they're OK as is right now. I might and some more damage, maybe?
    Either adding damage or just leaving them would be fine. My mention of adding kill-strength was only because as he is now, killing airborne enemies can be really hard, but if his up-smash is given some range, then the need for this is also diminished. So regardless, it's cool.

It does hit people on the ground, but only if they're really close, almost touching. This move was designed with Peach's up tilt in mind, but I think sacrificing some vertical range for horizontal range couldn't be too bad.
    Cool, though this one too isn't really a big deal at all.

Hmm... I've never had this problem... do the Final Smash beams not even start?
    From my experiences, the beams trap the opponent just ever so slightly above where the lazer is fired, so that part of it always either completely misses or just barely brushes the opponent.

Glad to be of assistance! : D

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #218 on: August 02, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

Have you seen this Neku texture?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #219 on: August 02, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »

Yeah... there's a few out there.

I guess I like Neon Togepi's the best because it recognizes that you can't be 100% accurate, and the compromise it makes to look as good as possible makes it look, well, as good as possible.

Neku's face on Lucas looks out of place, in my opinion, and the black things in the front of his hair a pointing the wrong way... but it's still an awesome texture.

But really, feel free to use whatever texture you want for this PSA. It is just a PSA, after all.

ninja_cupcakes
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #220 on: August 03, 2010, 05:28:34 AM »

My idea for a new b+down would be similar to the current one, but it would freeze instead of damage when used on the ground. Just a random idea since Neku had freezing moves in TWEWY. Not sure how it would change in the air though. Maybe a joke attack where he turns into a spiked ball (like Kirby's b+down) to smash opponents like that one attack in Tin Pin Slammer.

Any way, nice work! I've been using this PSA for awhile and I love it. The only issue I've noticed is that if you fire the neutral b laser when it becomes fully charged without canceling, the beam is invisible. Actually, I like that glitch, it screws people over since they think I have an invisible "force push attack".

LaharlsWrath
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #221 on: August 03, 2010, 10:06:39 PM »

I'm just throwing this out there
    make separate vBrawl and Brawl+ versions?
    Sadly I have yet to try this, although I am eager to

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #222 on: August 04, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

What would be the differences between the vBrawl and B+ versions? I don't play B+, so I wouldn't know.

LaharlsWrath
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #223 on: August 05, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

B+ would have less landing with aerials
    you should check out Brawl+, as far as I'm concerned it is better in every way

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #224 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »

Uh... sorry for asking for suggestions and then not really taking any...

I did most of the balancing suggestions that ZenBridger suggested, such as making sure the B move doesn't get full charge forever (well, it never happened to me this time, but it might still happen...), adding a little hitbox on the bottom of the up air, reducing the time that the down tilt lasts as well as increasing the knockback, reducing the time that the forward tilt hitbox lasts, making the icicles taller, making the side icicles stronger so that they can hit you into the big one better, making the down B freeze opponents, and slightly made the position that the opponent is trapped in during the Final Smash lower.

However, I didn't add any more damage or knockback to the aerials, increase the hitbox size of the up tilt, or fix the invisible Nexus Ray if you fire right out of charging. (I really don't know how to fix it, sorry.) Neku also has pretty much no landing lag ever, or at least, very little, so the vBrawl / BB version and the B+ version wouldn't really have any changes...

I guess that'll be it, then. After some balancing tweaks regarding the new stuff, I'll upload all this stuff on Brawl Vault (yay, first Brawl Vault hack!) and Neku will be finished.
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:42:58 PM by Sumire Omelette » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17
    Print
    Jump to: