Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 224314 times)
Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #150 on: November 30, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »

Most additional models per character are included as models in their fighter files. The only difference I can see between normal models and articles is that they are usually items that can be picked up or otherwise interact with others... someone explain the differences between articles and normal models please >.>

To relate to your idea, the closest would be Mr. Game And Watch, who keeps several hidden models and also fights with a random assortment of weapons. (Also, no idea on Pinkie's specific moveset as of now)

Sorry about the uncertainty. When I said articles, I meant extra models.

However, I didn't mean in the same manner as Game and Watch. Game and Watch uses PSA codes related to the visibility of specific bones. Like the Eyeyellow bone.

The Eyeyellow bone doesn't actually have anything rigged to it. The Yelloweyed polygons are usually rigged to the HeadN or something. But the visibility of the Eyeyellow polygon is set to the Eyeyellow bone, which is why it appears when the smashball is hit. G&W's hammers and such work the same way.

What I was talking about isn't using bone visibilty, but simply rigging the foam hands/etc. to one of the bones that the pony doesn't use as a normal model, not an article.

After that, you can simply use Brawlbox animations to keep the models small and out of sight when they aren't needed.

That, and you can add as many extra models as you like as long as you have filespace and enough bones.

DannyDirnt
    Lol Kitten

Pretty thoughts and a dirty mind

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #151 on: December 01, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »

(Also, no idea on Pinkie's specific moveset as of now)
    Up B= Balloons = AWESOME 2.0!
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:20:38 AM by XXDrakWolfXX » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2011, 12:28:15 AM »

What I was talking about isn't using bone visibilty, but simply rigging the foam hands/etc. to one of the bones that the pony doesn't use as a normal model, not an article.

After that, you can simply use Brawlbox animations to keep the models small and out of sight when they aren't needed.

Eh.... in small numbers that could work, but if there's over 10 models then we're starting to waste space on bones. I'm avoiding the "old methods of working around Brawl model requirements" because it hinders the quality and freedom in these models, and because we already have module hacks that can modify for more articles as needed. They're just not available to the general brawl hacking community.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #153 on: December 01, 2011, 02:03:37 AM »

Hey Don't Steal. Most of those were My idea. Angry So i bolded them
    Because you invented those quotes.  get over yourself brah

Puccio
    Extreme Kitten

Awesome battle. :DD

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #154 on: December 01, 2011, 06:08:03 AM »

Hey Don't Steal. Most of those were My idea. Angry So i bolded them. Also, Pinkie's last two ones should be victory lines.

To Xiggah: Well anyway, now that you started animating, Will Pinkie have the foam hand, Baloons, Cupcake, etc? Just wondering now that animating has started. Also, remember we got turbobear doing the PSA.
    These are your ideas but they can be ideas of mine, duh. If I thought that too I have the rights to post it.
    I'm sorry if you thought that.

Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *YOU DECIDE
    *KTH
    *I love you
    *but I love Jurio more
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *i love you too
          VEGETAAAAA       scrive (14.48):
    *Phoenix.
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *oh and KTH don't forget Knucklini's shoes
    *LOL
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *love/
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *lol
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *i'm going to sleep now
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *i hate you now srs
    Enzo scrive (14.48):
    *good night both of
    *what
    *!
    *:emo:
    *night man rotfl
    KTH scrive (14.48):
    *lol
    Best quote ever!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #155 on: December 01, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »

^yeah, But i was the first one to post taunt ideas, and i was the first to post the bolded ones. so practicly those ideas orignated from me, and you're practiclly stealing them. So editing them would make me feel better.

Up B= Balloons = AWESOME 2.0!
    I think someone already mentioned that idea, and we are just bringing it up over and over.
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:19:06 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

I'm back after a long while.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #156 on: December 01, 2011, 10:32:37 PM »

Eh.... in small numbers that could work, but if there's over 10 models then we're starting to waste space on bones. I'm avoiding the "old methods of working around Brawl model requirements" because it hinders the quality and freedom in these models, and because we already have module hacks that can modify for more articles as needed. They're just not available to the general brawl hacking community.

Oh...

I never knew that those existed. I've always stayed away from modules. (Character .rel ports never work in SSE...)

And yeah, with the bone situation it was just an example, adding as many models as you like. 10 models is absolute overkill lol.

If you have access to extra articles, by all means use them. I truly didn't know something so useful was even around....

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2011, 02:21:21 AM »

Oh...

I never knew that those existed. I've always stayed away from modules. (Character .rel ports never work in SSE...)

And yeah, with the bone situation it was just an example, adding as many models as you like. 10 models is absolute overkill lol.

If you have access to extra articles, by all means use them. I truly didn't know something so useful was even around....

Do we have access to extra articles, yes. Do we have access to edit the module files, no. Not to the general public, sorry to raise your hopes. While module editing has reached BlackJax's interest, the only module hacks currently are character ports (e.g., Pit over King Dedede, Sonic over Donkey Kong) Only the select few know how to hex module files for now. But I'll get the articles needed when the time comes for me to use them.

Also, Subspace Emissary is different from multiplayer. You can see this the most with Sonic's slow run speed. Perhaps there are seperate module files.

And blog update, although it's really only something minor. Twilight and AppleJack included, and somepony please explain to me why I can't understand how pony legs are supposed to move!

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #158 on: December 02, 2011, 04:23:23 AM »

Also, Subspace Emissary is different from multiplayer. You can see this the most with Sonic's slow run speed. Perhaps there are seperate module files.
    I have to say about this:
    no, it's not seperate module files, it's diffirent attributes in FitFighter.pac like the brawl attributes

Stupid Tinypic :C

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #159 on: December 02, 2011, 10:22:35 PM »

I just found a fighting is magic vid that could help us on our project! It was minor preview footage. but it shows possible animation/moves

1. Standing Animation For Rainbow Dash

2. Standard attack for Rarity

3. Side Smash Attack For Rarity

4. Up Smash for Pinkie Pie

Here is the vid
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7DKLTS6c2o" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7DKLTS6c2o</a>

I'm back after a long while.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:35 AM »

I just found a fighting is magic vid that could help us on our project! It was minor preview footage. but it shows possible animation/moves

1. Standing Animation For Rainbow Dash

2. Standard attack for Rarity

3. Side Smash Attack For Rarity

4. Up Smash for Pinkie Pie

Here is the vid

You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #161 on: December 03, 2011, 01:40:15 AM »

You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.
    This. I love Fighting is Magic to death, but we really need to remember that Brawl is no Street Fighter. It's unique in how it plays, so it's only fair that we make the ponies unique too, right?

Still, I'm just waiting for the day that either of these projects show me some [censored] Fluttershy... D:

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

GONNA GO GET THE THING!!!

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #162 on: December 03, 2011, 10:23:38 AM »

ok so after the new episode i think its safe to say that pinkies NB is the party canon....where would i find a canon model in game?

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »

ok so after the new episode i think its safe to say that pinkies NB is the party canon....where would i find a canon model in game?

You would ask me to make a cannon model!... Or honestly, anyone could make a simple canon. It's the animations and confetti effects that would be hard.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #164 on: December 03, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »

Animations wouldn't be hard if the cannon was rigged in such a way that it can move as dynamically as it did in the show.

Pages:  1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: