Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 224383 times)
Xiggah
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #165 on: December 04, 2011, 12:59:09 AM »

Animations wouldn't be hard if the cannon was rigged in such a way that it can move as dynamically as it did in the show.

I don't think the cannon's animations would be a pain. The only animation it has is a scale when it fires, right?

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:26 PM »

You know, I think it's about time for me to say this.... I have a Brawl-esque moveset set out for half of the characters. Almost every single animation for Rainbow Dash has already been planned out, with AppleJack at a close second, followed out by (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named, and a few others with about a quarter of a moveset thought out.

The reason I don't copy Fighting is Magic is because Smash Bros. is a hybrid of a fighting game, not quite like the classic stamina ground-based fighters. It's made as a simple fighter, not relying on complex combos and controls for attacks, and I'm revolving around that rather than a Street Fighter approach.
    So, you're saying We're scrapping the foam hand and other props? if so, AW CRAP !!! I was really hoping to see Pinkie with a foam hand! But seriously. the foam hand seems random enough for a smash attack. I mean, maybe we can't like, copy the same animation, but we should edit it to make it look smash bros. Like. Also, I have to admit, the way that rainbow dash animation in the fighting is magic preview doesn't look smash bros. like, but hey, Maybe we could find a way to get some good moves in, like that double party canon as her up smash, the foam hand as he side smash, and such and such. Now i understand even more why Pinkie is going over snake. also, that " (s)he-who-wll-not-be-named" is Pinkie is'n it?  if it is, tell me in a PM. -_-

I'm back after a long while.

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

GONNA GO GET THE THING!!!

• Awards Hot Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #167 on: December 05, 2011, 06:14:24 PM »

id say the foam hand would still be good for a side smash (im no model maker so whoever wants to make stuff like that ill see what i can do when i start the moveset).
    and i do believe its F*rainbow*y

NeoAnderMcd
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:39 PM »

Hey everyone sorry been busy got some ideas going but hard to make them into words understandable. So give some feedback or ideas either one is good.
    Twilight:
    B: Magic ball of energy (chargeable)
    Side B: Wacks her enemy with a book
    Up B: Teleport
    Down B: a relective barrier or absorbing barrier

Fluttershy:
    B:Puts enemies to sleep
    Side B: The Stare (Paralayzes enemies;does nothing if she is not active in the fight)
    Up B: Flys for a bit
    Down B:

Rainbow Dash:
    B: rainbow version of meta knights spin move
    Side B: Fox side b (best way to descirbe it)
    Up B: Floats on a cloud or flys
    Down B:Counter

AppleJack:
    B: her signature applebuck kick
    Side B: Throws an apple
    Up B: Uses her lasso
    Down B:Counter

Pinkie Pie:
    B: Chosses from a number of random attacks
    Side B: Throws a cupcake
    Up B: Ballons wisk her up to the air and eventually pops
    Down B: Set a up a prank for unexpected ponies

Raity:
    B: "This is winning" same concept as fluttershys stare the longer not used the more powerful it becomes also the attack goes in all directions in a short radius
    Side B:
    Up B: peachs up b basically
    Down B:

BigMac:
    B: Chargeable, small radius attack (Like Ikes B attack)
    Side B: A charge attack (Like Ikes move)
    Up B:
    Down B: Counter

Cutie Mark Crusaders: This is up for debate. I like the idea of having the three toghther but if people dont want that to happen just say so and changes will be made.
    Scootaloo:
    B:
    Side B: Rides on her scooter (Pretty much a warrios side b)
    Up B: Flys
    Down B: Switches with AppleBloom
    AppleBloom:
    B:
    Side B: Throws an apple
    Up B: spins her silver loopy loop and flies for a bit
    Down B: Switches with SweetieBelle
    SweetieBelle:
    B:
    Side B: Tosses burnt food
    Up B: Uses her cape to fly up and slowly descend
    Down B:Swicthes with Scootaloo
    Spike:
    B: breaths fire
    Side B:
    Up B: Owlowiscious assists spike in flight for a bit
    Down B:
    Derpy:
    B: Muffin throw
    Side B: hit foe with her mailbag
    Up B: Flys
    Down B:
    Trixie
    B:
    Side B: Ness side b
    Up B:
    Down B: Counter (throws a smoke screen and counter attacks)
    Luna:
    B:  Canterlot Voice same concept as fluttershys stare the longer not used the more powerful it becomes also the attack goes in all directions in a short radius
    Side B:
    Up B: flys
    Down B: pikachu down b

NightMareMoon
    B:
    Side B:
    Up B: Summons purple cloud and lifts her up or flys
    Down B:

The remaining characters are the ones i havnt had time to think for yet:
    Celestia,,Discord,Zecrora,Gilda,Spitfire or any other charcter you would like to see.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2011, 11:18:02 PM »

I'm not saying any of that... I'm just saying that my approach to Brawl will be different than Fighting is Magic. Fighting is Magic is an arcade fighter, using Light-Medium-Heavy attack-based ground-based directional-swishing fighting. Brawl is a hybrid fighting game, simple consistent control scheme for every character, ground-aerial combat, and puts more focus on movement across the stage.

A lot of things will be similar, a lot will be different. Although since you mentioned their standing pose for Rainbow, I took a peek and saw that I have a similar standing pose, so you'll see similarities here and there.

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #170 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »

So lemme get this straight, We still are going to use the foam hand, party canon, etc but only in a different way? If so, then i understand, but those attacks in that fighting is magic preview vid look pretty darn good. So maybe The first Rarity attack preview could be a neutral combo attack, and the 2nd move as a side smash attack. Only in a different way, of course.

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #171 on: December 06, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »

So lemme get this straight, We still are going to use the foam hand, party canon, etc but only in a different way? If so, then i understand, but those attacks in that fighting is magic preview vid look pretty darn good. So maybe The first Rarity attack preview could be a neutral combo attack, and the 2nd move as a side smash attack. Only in a different way, of course.
    that sounds about right to me the hand will probably be a smash attack and i was thinking a medium sized burst with confetti for the NB with the canon. also to my knowledge we cant add external gfx or articles so we do have to pick and choose the props

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #172 on: December 06, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »

Yeah, also, in that fighting is magic preview vid i showed, there was an attack with pinkie with a double party canon on her head and abdomen. That could be her up smash.

EDIT: I heard the Menu theme. All i have to say is...
    AWESOME!!!!
    lol Dashface is back.
    So will the final pack be released when it's done? Also, It's like a pre-hacked brawl like Brawl+ and Brawl-, right? So will it have it's own xml, codeset, etc? But you will release the mane 6 psas right? Also, menu theme link is on first post.
    « Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 08:30:00 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2011, 08:05:04 PM »

that sounds about right to me the hand will probably be a smash attack and i was thinking a medium sized burst with confetti for the NB with the canon. also to my knowledge we cant add external gfx or articles so we do have to pick and choose the props

No... even if props cannot be added, they may be replaced and edited. As each character is replaced, more room opens up for more models and effects.

Yeah, also, in that fighting is magic preview vid i showed, there was an attack with pinkie with a double party canon on her head and abdomen. That could be her up smash.

EDIT: I heard the Menu theme. All i have to say is...
    AWESOME!!!!
    lol Dashface is back.
    So will the final pack be released when it's done? Also, It's like a pre-hacked brawl like Brawl+ and Brawl-, right? So will it have it's own xml, codeset, etc? But you will release the mane 6 psas right? Also, menu theme link is on first post.

Prehacked download is pretty much what I'm expecting, but rather than waiting until the very end to release it, I'll probably release v0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc., until finished.

Also, can anyone properly instruct me about the anatomy and limb movement of ponies? I want to make sure I have it right before the advanced animations begin.

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #174 on: December 07, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »

Prehacked download is pretty much what I'm expecting, but rather than waiting until the very end to release it, I'll probably release v0.1, 0.2, 0.3, etc., until finished.

Interesting. I guess i'll have to buy an alternate SD card for when the first one comes out. Can't wait. Smiley Right now, I don't have any ideas at the moment. However, I'm gonna update my taunt list. from before the second one was posted and other ideas given.

EDIT: Alright I have the update taunt list. I am not trying to steal other people's ideas if they already posted.
    Rainbow Dash
    Up Taunt: The Dashface/Why wub woo
    Side Taunt: "It Needs to be about 20% Cooler."
    Down Taunt: Roll on the floor laughing. Like in the video below
    0:35 of the vid.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3UdtM61y0w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3UdtM61y0w</a>

Pinkie Pie
    Up Taunt: "FOREVER!"
    Side Taunt: Okey Dokey Lokey!
    Down Taunt: " TWITCHY TWITCH! TWITCHY TWITCH!" (Is that what she said? Cuz i first heard it on TF2's Brony Servers)

Fluttershy
    Up Taunt: "I'm a world champ you know. I bet you can't beat me! *squee*"
    Side Taunt: "I'll get you yet, my pretties!"
    Down Taunt: LOVE ME!!! (credit to Pikazz for suggesting the idea. perhaps could be used if "You're going to LOVE ME!!!" isn't gonna be her FS)

Rarity
    Up Taunt: Nothing Came to mind
    Side Taunt: Nothing came to mind
    Down Taunt: "You make it look like it's going to be hard!"

Twilight Sparkle
    Up Taunt: That Creepy Smile and laugh from episode 3 of Season 2.
    Side Taunt:No idea
    Down Taunt: No idea

Applejack
    Up Taunt: Neck extends like in episode 25 of season 1. Similar to the Nope.avi
    Side Taunt: No idea
    Down Taunt: no idea
    Also, i've got a question. Is Derpy gonna be playable? of course making a PSA would be time consuming, so it should probably be a one of those alternate costumes for one of the mane 6. or just simply make a PSA. but of course, the mane 6 need to get done first.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:49:33 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

turbobear
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #175 on: December 08, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »

Also, can anyone properly instruct me about the anatomy and limb movement of ponies? I want to make sure I have it right before the advanced animations begin.
    from what pictures ive seen on pics and from the manikin model the legs work fine and that should be it as far as earth ponies and unicorns are concerned and wings dont really do much so you're probably good limbwise.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #176 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:13 PM »

from what pictures ive seen on pics and from the manikin model the legs work fine and that should be it as far as earth ponies and unicorns are concerned and wings dont really do much so you're probably good limbwise.

Thanks. I know the skeleton's right, it's the bending and animation I'm worried about, making sure I'm not bending arms the wrong way, while not constraining the cartoony effects too much.

Also, no comment on additional characters for now. I gotta have some secrets to keep for later!

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #177 on: December 11, 2011, 03:44:04 PM »

^Cool. So how are the mane 6 coming along? any moveset updates? Also, I'm pretty sure Fluttershy fans want to see a preiview pic of her. So if possible, try updating the Preview pic of the mane 6 only that Fluttershy is included. or just release a preview pic of Fluttershy herself.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #178 on: December 11, 2011, 04:15:20 PM »

@ Xigah:
    Found a Theme you can use for Final Destination in your Brony stage ;/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVBcm_BZRs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSVBcm_BZRs</a>

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #179 on: December 11, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »

^AWESOME!!! Defintely. Use the song. It's pretty darn awesome!

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: