Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Project GENO #New Fighter Geno!#  (Read 40040 times)
Shadic
Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

• Awards Hot Topic Former PMDT

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: October 27, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »

Geno Whirl is in. Geno Beam is likely to be improved later. And true projectile editing isn't quite out yet.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: October 27, 2009, 04:58:36 PM »

Yeah dude, that'd be much appreciated. Make either a "These are his moves" or just a few matches with both Genos. If they're good, I'll toss 'em into the OP.
    Thanks dude. quik question tho... is there a difference btw cosmic and fighter? i tried cosmic and it blew mah mind, ill try fighter tonite too. if theres no difference then ill make one vid
    but if theres at least one move thats different btw them ill make two vids

Dotz
    Extreme Kitten

Universal Cosmic Destroyer

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: October 27, 2009, 04:59:42 PM »

I think fighter is just the one from the old thread.

This is the greatest sig in the world.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »

quik question tho... is there a difference btw cosmic and fighter?
    They are quite different.

I think fighter is just the one from the old thread.
    Wrong. It's still mine, but it's gone through a lot of updating.

They're sort of an intro to a collaboration, I think. We're sorta throwing out our individual ideas on how Geno should play, and then taking stuff from each other's sets that we like. Once model replacements or something is out, we'll probably be a lot closer to a total merge.

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #49 on: October 30, 2009, 02:04:03 PM »

The Cosmic Geno's Fowrward throw needs some tweaking, it places the character on the ground behind him and then he does his attack, missing them entirely and leaving himself open DX

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »

Yeah, he knows the throws are a bit buggy.

On a different note, my Geno has a new Bair attack now. It's totally awesome.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #51 on: October 30, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »

Yeah, he knows the throws are a bit buggy.

On a different note, my Geno has a new Bair attack now. It's totally awesome.
    describe plz? or is it in the OP?

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2009, 10:50:57 PM »

It's not in any released set yet, I'm going to do more changes first. But it's a backwards, electric kick with a sweetspot.

SnesS
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #53 on: October 31, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »

It's not in any released set yet, I'm going to do more changes first. But it's a backwards, electric kick with a sweetspot.
    nice...
    almost like lucas's bair right? or am i mistaken?

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2009, 03:17:14 AM »

Think more of Ness's.

Also, Sword and Shield are gone in the Geno costume soon.

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #55 on: October 31, 2009, 11:14:11 PM »

Think more of Ness's.

Also, Sword and Shield are gone in the Geno costume soon.

Brawlbox; Making dreams a reality

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2009, 03:57:57 PM »

Hum, I'll be doing a detailled review for Cosmic Geno, just like I did for Fighter Geno :

Overall, I really like the choices made for this character. Both artistically and on the gameplay side, I find him to be exceptionnally good. There are just a few very minor things to correct. But as I said, it is already a very epic piece of work.  Smiley

A-Tap : Pretty !  Cheesy Could it be possible to have the shots made by holding A instead of tapping it ? Or is it a deliberate choice ?

Dash Attack : Good. Nothing to say.

Side-Tilt : Good looking too, but the hitboxes appear a bit too early before the actual explosion occurs.

Up-Tilt : I find it a little spammy, myself ... The said "bit of start-up lag" isn't really noticeable.

Down-Tilt : Maybe a tiny bit too poweful for a quick move, maybe ... Otherwise, it's quite good, I guess.

Side-Smash : As of now, it is really hard to do the second hit consistently (ie. not mashing the buttons). I suggest you give more ending lag to the first hit, and thus give a little more room to use the second one. It's already quite hampered by the fact you can't use the second hit as a killing move for opponents with more than 50% (it doesn't connect, unless you miss the first hit ... which means the enemy is on a perfect, pinpoint place in front of you).

Up-Smash : Good. Nothing to say.

Down-Smash : I know it's supposed to be a "get away from me !" move, but ... right now, with the small hitbox it is more like a "stop merging with me !". And it barely kills ... Either make the final burst a bit wider, so it can be a useable smash, or just transform it into a destructive move to compensate its poor range.

N-Air : Good. I like these kind of moves. ^^

B-Air : Same

U-Air : Kinda hard to connect. Maybe make it last just a bit longer (not the sweetspot, just the "normal" hits).

F-Air : Wow ... this is a powerful and funny move. It really pushes enemies back a lot. Lots of pretty combos with this.  Cheesy

D-Air : Okay, now this guy is overpowered. It's a powerful, very quick, long-lasting and easy to maneuver spike. It certainly is his most powerful move, and it is almost impossible to anticipate/punish. You can chain 3 of these with one single jump. Not even mentionning the bouncing property. o_o Please at least put a bit more ending lag to it. You can really easilly kill at 0% with a Double/Triple F-Air barrage to push off the edge and then one or two easy-to-hit-with spikes.
    Visually, there's also the hitbox of the punch lasting about twice as much as the whole animation+GFX ... So just falling can make you hit. Tongue

Throws : They are a bit long-lasting ... it may prove difficult during melees. But I guess it balances the character. Also, please put the flash effect at the tip of his grabbing range. It's hard to tell where you can grab, otherwise.

N-Special : Neat ! I like it, both the sounds, effect and stats.  Smiley

D-Special : Uhh ... I don't like the character animation. The transition from the charging to the "arms in air" position is a bit brutal and unfortunately, the time spent in the latter (extremely static) position doesn't look smooth at all. Also there's something I don't really like in this attack : the hits you get from these epic effects do not depend of the position in the stream. Which means being barely touched by a few little "strings" and recieving the totality of the attacks deals the same damage ... I believe putting less hitting hitboxes on the sides of the attack would be beneficial. With an attack that can easily deal 40%, it is probably wiser. Smiley

A really creepy glitch I found with the two latter moves : When playing at a speed slower or equal to 1/2, their aerial version becomes an "instant teleport to the place you last jumped from".  Undecided
    Also, why don't these special have this shiny star effect that the other two have ? I believe putting them respectively when firing the lazzor and when charging the attack (to fill in the wait ...) would look nice.

Side-Special : EPIC ! Cheesy Could it be possible to just have the laser as a straight line when used in midair ? Seeing a laser fall is kinda ... creepy.  Lips Sealed

Up-Special : The aerial version is okay. But why is the grounded one cancellable so early ? It makes abusing Super Armor really too easy ...

Final Smash : Uh ? o_O I don't get it. What is it ? And how can you avoid an attack that does 102% freakin' damage ?! O_O

I like the Taunts. Does the Down Taunt do anything special ? Or is the "Healing" effect just for the looks ?

Even though I may look really critic with all these details I picked up, I really enjoy this character a lot.  Smiley It's already an epic piece of work, even if you don't change anything more.

Wait a minute. Is the creator of this character even visiting this board ? o_Ô There isn't even an account named like that.
    May you pass on this message to him, Shadic ?  Smiley (And maybe invite him here so that we can at least discuss the obscure points ? =] )

(Oh, and I'll also try out the new Fighter Geno too! ^^)

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2009, 02:20:54 AM »

I'll pass along the info to him

And before you look at my Geno, let me update. (Should be tomorrow?) This next release is top-tier for awesomeness, and I'm not bluffing here. Tongue

(I've still got some things to change before I'm even close to content, but it's a pretty good set, and very different than what's currently available.)

Say goodbye to dash attack, and expect something entirely different for Dtilt, for example.

Blue
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #58 on: November 06, 2009, 01:00:26 PM »

Sounds interesting

Screw signature's, I have the number 42.

Shadic
    Expert Kitten

Project M Developer

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 10:35:27 AM »

New Fighter Geno set out! TONS of changes! Make sure you have the FitToonLinkMotion.pac, otherwise you'll run into a lot of issues.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6
    Print
    Jump to: