Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - TruePhilosopher

#1
Is Blade even still working on this? Progress hasn't been made in quite a while haha...  :srs:
#2
Help / What's the file size limit for FD based stages?
August 04, 2011, 07:00:33 AM
Topic as I've built a stage and I get a silent freeze when I try to load it...  :srs:
#3
Quote from: Gamma Ridley on August 04, 2011, 01:18:45 AM
Actually

It kinda is. :af:

But what is difficult is mimicking other peoples' styles of animation to make it look accurate. Which is why I'll try using the actual animations before trying to make them myself.

I suppose, but if you want official, translation is the only way (with some tweaking to fit the model of course.)
#4
Quote from: Aether on August 04, 2011, 12:46:51 AM
It would really just be easier to make the animations yourself in the same pose.

Yeah sure!  Except for, ya know, making animations from scratch and making them good isn't as easy as you make it sound.  :>.>palm:
#5
You guys are doing great!  I'm soooooo importing some characters when this is released.

At any rate is there any way to link the copy/paste function of one Brawlbox window to another? I think this would be very helpful for some things, such as animation translation.
#6
Alright, for one we are not using the Other M model. >_> That is for Gamma's reference for the animations.

For two, the bones of Other M Samus fortunately translate fairly well over to Brawl Samus.  My method involves opening up two Brawlbox windows and translating the Yellow Keyframes over to the Brawl animation, but only the Rotational keyframes as the Translations would royally screw up Samus' model.
#7
Um...What are you talking about?  :srs:
#8
Just so you know Gamma I could do some of them if you'd like, whenever I get free time.

Oh and I have the Brawl- Charizard psa if that's what you're looking for?
#9
It'll only work with Blackjax's Brawlbox .64
#11
I'll have to send you the model to, as if I don't you can't see the animations yellow keyframes.
#12
Here's the thing about the animations Gamma.  They don't just translate directly over.  I had to go in and copy the yellow keyframes to the appropriate bone from the Other M model (I hope that makes sense.)  At any rate even after doing that there's a little cleaning up to do as Weyard pointed out.  I personally think it's worth it, but if you think it'd be too much of a hassle then you don't have to bother.
#13
Another thought occurred to me!  If we examine the code in Psa of how Yoshi (and whoever else) has a crawl, I wonder if we could give Samus the ability to roll around as the morph ball?  It doesn't seem impossible, though we may have to change her IC's to include a crawl through code.
#14
Yep they should all work just as well as this one, so if I can get Gamma to help me then we'll have an officially animated Other M Samus!

Also I don't know if anyone cares, but I could probably get ZSS's animations as well, tho I'd have to suffer through my sluggish computer to do so. xD


Edit: Oh and it has her dodging animations as well! :happy:
#15
Well if you're interested I just checked and I have every single animation in the dump I got (Including Screw Attack, Shinespark (up and sideways), Running, Walking, wall cling, hanging, etc.)  I could convert some and Ridley could convert some, tho since mine is distorted I could do the basic port as I did with this one and someone else could clean up the animation.

Oh and Other M Samus doesn't have finger bones, so that's why her fingers aren't correct.