The Mother of all Samus Hacks - New Animations! See Pg. 91 Reply #1363

Started by Gamma Ridley, July 23, 2011, 04:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Would you want a sound packet made using Samus's voice from Other M?

Yes
16 (76.2%)
No
1 (4.8%)
Using voice effects from ZSS would be better and much easier
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

It's like a wierd shape...

But I think that's only cause it's animations.

And btw, how to you plan on putting those animations on Brawl Samus? The bones are completely different.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

The Other:M model for samus, there is no gun... on the model... we'd have to attach it somehow...unless you count polygon0, but that polygon is a low detail mesh probably for long distances or somethin.



EDIT:

just rename the bone references insidethe CHR0.
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

You don't just rename stuff and BAM, it's fixed...

There are a different amount of bones. So renaming won't do much...
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Alright, for one we are not using the Other M model. >_> That is for Gamma's reference for the animations.

For two, the bones of Other M Samus fortunately translate fairly well over to Brawl Samus.  My method involves opening up two Brawlbox windows and translating the Yellow Keyframes over to the Brawl animation, but only the Rotational keyframes as the Translations would royally screw up Samus' model.
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

It shouldn't be difficult at all.


Just very, very, VERY tedious.

That, and the fact that we'd have to piece together multiple animations in order to have one complete animation.

It would really just be easier to make the animations yourself in the same pose.

Quote from: Aether on August 04, 2011, 12:46:51 AM
It would really just be easier to make the animations yourself in the same pose.

... probably, huh?

I dunno, I'll give it a shot when I feel some motivation.

Quote from: Aether on August 04, 2011, 12:46:51 AM
It would really just be easier to make the animations yourself in the same pose.

Yeah sure!  Except for, ya know, making animations from scratch and making them good isn't as easy as you make it sound.  :>.>palm:
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Quote from: TruePhilosopher on August 04, 2011, 01:08:08 AM
Yeah sure!  Except for, ya know, making animations from scratch and making them good isn't as easy as you make it sound.  :>.>palm:

Actually

It kinda is. :af:

But what is difficult is mimicking other peoples' styles of animation to make it look accurate. Which is why I'll try using the actual animations before trying to make them myself.

Quote from: Gamma Ridley on August 04, 2011, 01:18:45 AM
Actually

It kinda is. :af:

But what is difficult is mimicking other peoples' styles of animation to make it look accurate. Which is why I'll try using the actual animations before trying to make them myself.

I suppose, but if you want official, translation is the only way (with some tweaking to fit the model of course.)
Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

From my experience the hardest part of animating is making the rest of the body move naturally while focusing on one part. Like if you make them punch, their legs and such need to move too for it to feel right.


Samus's new Wait1 animation.

Made using 100% natural animations straight from Other M. :]

I realize that it's difficult to tell movement from the video, but I assure you that she is moving.

Her wait animation in Other M was pretty nondescript anyway.

Very nice Gamma. Very nice.
Quote from: br3compactorBy the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
*Fixed URL*
My PSA Thread

Quote from: Royal_Blade on August 04, 2011, 04:54:09 AM
Very nice Gamma. Very nice.

Why thank you.

I also took the liberty of fixing up some of the animations that transition from the Wait animation. They're gonna take a bit more work, unfortunately. /: