Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - BigOto2

#1
You guys honestly get way more hyped up in comparison to the MKWii community when something is about to get released. In the MKWii community nobody gives release dates, then something comes out and we are all just like "oh, okay." So I can wait quite a while without a tornado building up inside me.
#2
That seems to be the same problem I was having earlier, where the giant numbers which required scientific notation appeared in between keyframes.
#3
Oddly enough, I managed to fix it by adding more correct keyframes and saving (at least in BrawlBox). If you cannot reproduce it let me know and I'll send you my BRRES file that has the problem.
#4
Is it possible you can review the SRT0 glitch I mentioned? I don't want to be poking attention, but it clearly is a bug that needs fixing. :)
#5
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 04:04:40 PM
Quote from: Nico on April 10, 2012, 03:47:52 PM
Nothing's your fault. :srs:
the haters (and then continue to laugh at them)
You've supported me and you even said it even worked for you.

I asked you if it was displaying in scientific notation. That's not a bug, so I can't really just turn it off. It's part of .NET.
It still works in game and in the viewer so don't worry about it for now. I'll look into seeing if I can display the numbers without scientific notation.



I think some people are starting to forget that Brawlbox is not a professional program and I'm the only one coding it.

And what do you want me to show you?
Just open up the model previewer and see for yourself. Don't be lazy

Problem is, this is what shows up under X-translation every time when saving this file and then reloading in BB:

Frame 1 of 60: 0
Frame 2 of 60: -2.161725E+08
Frame 3 of 60: -8.497818E+08
Frame 59 of 60: -1.253801E+10
Frame 60 of 60: 1

X-translation is the only thing I changed here using keyframes, so everything else stays at 0. This only occured after creating another custom PAT0 file in the BRRES which works perfectly.

That's some of the strangest scientific notation I've ever seen, and it doesn't show up right in game either (it shows glitchy except for a single frame every second where it loops and flashes normal). Before saving, it calculates the numbers correctly, giving only rounded irrational values that are really in between 0 and 1 (no scientific notation).

Don't worry about turning scientific notation off, because I can understand it and if others don't know it then they should learn it.  >D
#6
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 03:41:27 PM
Alright, it has come to my attention that I am the only one at fault for the keyframe bug with SRT0. This is not true at all. I never said to release with the bugs, I never tried to get Nico to release it early. Nico/BJ probably just missed the bugs, and I can totally understand that, so would everyone stop blaming me for what I didn't do!? This goes mostly to everyone on my Skype group as well as a few on this forum.

The fail frames were in scientific notation, but they are some really huge negative unrealistic number that it shouldn't be (All of the non-keyframes in this case should be between 0 and 1, and they were in the negative billions). If you want I can send you the BRRES file which has the problems (via PC, not publicly for obvious reasons). :)
#7
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 07:01:34 AM
Well, it looks like I've found the first big breaking bug. After creating a v5 SRT0, saving, then making a v4 PAT0 (after testing and finding that the SRT0 worked perfectly), the PAT0 worked properly, but the SRT0 didn't. Turns out all of the in-between-both-keyframes translation frames got messed up and became giant negative values, although both starting and ending keyframes stayed what they should be (0 -> 1, then loop).

This always occurs upon saving, and only appears when re-loading the file (when a PAT0 is also in the file or not?), and I have not managed to fix it or work around it myself.
#8
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 04:58:35 AM
I've got you covered, at least as far as a MKWii sky which goes from daytime to evening to nighttime, and lightning that strikes on Lap 3! :)
#9
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 04:09:51 AM
Hmmm... it seems as if BRRES files created with CTools don't show up at all in the model previewer unlike Nintendo BRRES's, although animation on them works absolutely perfectly.
#10
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 03:58:52 AM
Thanks guys, I will try that. :)

SRT0 animation works beautifully! I got a custom texture to move from left to right quite nicely in Dolphin, now to test on the Wii.

EDIT: The Wii loads it perfectly. You sir, are the god of animation.

Lady Ӄatherine ßallarɖ, please leave the thread if you do not have anything constructive to say. You said you'd stopped following it anyway.
#11
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 03:44:10 AM
When I view a MKWii BRRES in the viewer, it seems waaaaay zoomed in or something, and it doesn't show up. I recommend adding a "zoom extents" function in or something, but as long as the animation works my life is complete.
#12
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 03:27:48 AM
You guys need to be a lot more constructive than that if you want him to change anything! It still looks like a lot of space to me, and isn't what shows in-game what matters?
#13
Programming / Re: Brawlbox v0.66 Released
April 10, 2012, 03:14:36 AM
Are v4 CLR0s the ones used by MKWii? If so, I recommend adding it for the next update. I'm about to test out SRT0 v5, and I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes! :)
#14
It's 6:00. I think it's time for me to crack some SRT0's.
#15
No, it's more of a tornado, because everyone is chaotically running in circles around Nico while spitting out the most random pointless comments in hopes of it speeding up his release of 0.66. :)