Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - frostymm

#1
Programming / Re: The Brawl Expansion Project
June 26, 2014, 07:41:51 AM
Quote from: secretchaos1 on June 25, 2014, 11:54:10 PM
I managed to fix the flickering issue by making a custom css that removes the borders on the css icons. That way the icons aren't close enough together to see them flickering and arguing over priority.

Teach me your secrets O.o
#2
Programming / Re: The Brawl Expansion Project
June 23, 2014, 04:55:37 AM
Quote from: [TLoZ]Link on June 23, 2014, 03:56:30 AM
So how do I set up the custom CSS code for BrawlEx that way I can use your template?
I'm about to set up BrawlEx on a fresh SD card I just purchased.

Edit: Heres what I think the code is:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


58 because I counted 34 extra slots in the template + the default 24 would = 58 and then in the bottom I added "3F 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 4a 4b 4c 4d 4e 4f 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 5a 5b 5c 5d 5e 5f 60"  (letters in caps) which is a total of 34 slots and then put 29(the random slot) and ended it with 0000.
Is the code right?

I dunno man, I use the newer stuff where all you have to do is have the cssroster.dat and tell it what characters to display. My suggestion would be to do it that way instead because it's easier to manage.
#3
Programming / Re: The Brawl Expansion Project
June 23, 2014, 03:49:47 AM
Quote from: [TLoZ]Link on June 23, 2014, 03:15:20 AM
Link me? (:
Edit: So what exactly does the template do? I'm a bit confused. If I put that on my SD and load brawl what will happen?

Absolutely nothing. It basically just sets up all the cosmetic files for you. So all you have to do is set the correct ID and put whatever selection portrait files n whatnot you want over the temporary ones that are already in place. So realistically if you wanna just have the selection icon and are too lazy for the portraits, you can just put in an icon and make all the portraits solid colors or something and at the very least your character will have cosmetics that are seperate from the main characters.

It's really just because setting it up is a pain in the butt. Also I do believe the link is in my signature.
#4
Programming / Re: The Brawl Expansion Project
June 23, 2014, 03:01:20 AM
Quote from: ѕσηι¢вяαωℓєя on June 23, 2014, 12:47:20 AM
thats why you use a tempalte that someone released

<--- This Guy
#5
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 23, 2014, 03:10:38 PM
Can you normally see the file extensions? Try just naming it CSSRoster
#6
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 21, 2014, 12:07:34 AM
So... I just learned this, but apparently removing the names uncovers some graphical glitches where it seems the icons may be overlapping each other or something. Any fix for that?
#7
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 16, 2014, 05:36:32 AM
Quote from: Ultraxwing on May 16, 2014, 05:30:54 AM
I worship thee. heck, 35 is perfect for my specific tastes. though, updating that would be quite sexy. very very sexy. about the info.pac stuff, will the be implemented soon? or should i impliment that my self? i could wait for an update. wouldn't bother me.

thank you my lovely friend =3

Well I would definitely like to update it with both more slots set up AND the info.pac finished but I wouldn't hold my breath on that. Time is something that is not on my side this semester.

I'd say implement the info files for whatever characters you put in as you put them in and if/when I get around to updating this you might have saved yourself a little bit of effort.

Or heck somebody else might update it =p Wouldn't bother me in the slightest
#8
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 16, 2014, 05:24:59 AM
I'm the greatest I know =3

Though if PW is in fact expanding the roster even further, I'll need to update that a bit. Currently it only supports 35 additional brawlex character I think.
#9
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 10, 2014, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: arnypalmy on May 10, 2014, 03:20:07 AM
I found the cause of the independent pokemon; it seems without the Code for Gige and Company Fix, the independent pokemon do not show up (this happens in the tutorial as well, I just didn't notice until now). However, re-enabling the code causes some errors in my extra characters...

You don't need any of those CSS codes anymore. Using the most recent version of BrawlEx you can just edit the CSSRoster.dat with the config editor and specify what characters you want to show up. There are even ID's for the independant pokemon rather than pokemon trainer.
#10
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 09, 2014, 10:12:30 PM
Quote from: arnypalmy on May 09, 2014, 09:49:53 PM
I actually went back to the older version of Miinus (the one you used in your tutorial) so that I could follow it exactly, and I was able to get clones in!

I added in the Pichu from Minus using the .rel and Fighter folder from Minus 3.3, but some of the in-combat sound and electricity animations aren't working. I have similar sound issues with some of the other clones I uploaded new move sets for, and mewtwo's a bit glitchy. I don't know if you have any other tutorials about how to edit the sound files for new characters you put in? And the CSS profiles once you change the clones to new characters? If you do that would be amazing.

The cloning tutorial was incredibly helpful by the way; I would be so lost otherwise.


There's a cosmetics template (All the files already set up for you) in my sig which has links to a brawlex cosmetics tutorial.
#11
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 02, 2014, 01:05:46 AM
Quote from: Tidus on May 02, 2014, 12:55:44 AM
Quick question, do we still add the module files (ft_charactername) in the most recent BEX?

Post Merge: May 02, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

Also for some reason my CSS had an extra Link clone (that couldn't be selected). I checked my files and there's no reason for him to be there.

Yes and you're ridiculous obviously because that is ridiculous.
#12
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 01, 2014, 09:21:57 PM
Quote from: TheOriginalSINe on May 01, 2014, 11:42:10 AM
I tried to do that, but there's not enough PSA's we can access just yet. Unless you want to start scraping the bottom of the barrel and add like 5 Kingdom Hearts characters and 7 Sonic characters.

Or you could try making somethin you silly, that's what I do when I'm sick and tired OF LOOKING AT METAKNIGHTS STUPID BUTT... I mean... Well, Somebody had to put an end to it. And that's how a Rock Lee PSA was born.
#13
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
May 01, 2014, 12:36:54 AM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 30, 2014, 11:51:54 PM
I might be doing something wrong, but I could send you the files, so you could see what's wrong. Would that be alright with you?

Sure send me the files. Now, NONE of the right textures are loading? Or just specific ones? And you said you edited the CSSslot config? I'm not sure how that works but I haven't had to mess with it to get my stuff to have the correct textures. Are the ID's leading up to that one working fine?
#14
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
April 30, 2014, 11:49:16 PM
Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 30, 2014, 11:46:29 PM
I'm having an issue with cosmetics, even though I set the Cosmetic ID properly, it doesn't load the right one.

I'm using frostymm's template.

Ex: I set the CSSSlot and Cosmetic Configs to use ID 120 (78 in Hex), but they don't load the correct one on the CSS.

That's odd, any other issues besides that one? Is it doing that for more than just that ID?
#15
Programming / Re: The BrawlEx Clone Engine
April 28, 2014, 10:21:14 PM
Finally made that cosmetic template to make everyone's lives a little easier.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448

Hopefully I'll find the time to update it with the info file and results stuff later. For now I just wouldn't mess with any of that.