The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

You go into your hex editor and open up your cosmetic Ex: Fighter3F then go to where you'll see this part, "00 01 00 FF 00 00 00 00 00 00 20 02 35 35 00 00" If it's a Mario clone, and if it's a Link clone it would be like this, "02 01 02 FF 02 00 00 00 00 00 20 04 2A 2A 00 00" and you see the first pair "00" for Mario and "02" for Link change that to the number your set of Portraits are in hex like 110 in hex is 6E then replace the original CSP Id with the clones' then save it and it should have it's Portraits

Quote from: jrush64 on May 01, 2014, 10:53:36 PMI didnt change the cosmetic Id config? how do i do that? I dont think i replaced a boss slot. I only have like 12 ex characters right now



Hope that's helpful...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Thank you guys very much. It works fine. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Okay Now I ran in to a problem myself I replaced the clones that I added with the old Brawlex Clone Tool that was the only one that would work at the time with the ones from the XP version of the tool and got everything set up but the game crashes trying to use Team Battles, how do I fix that issue? and would it affect when I set up Cbliss for my clones?

Quote from: jrush64 on May 01, 2014, 10:43:46 PM
Yeah I'm sure its named correctly. I took nebulon's sc_selcharacter.pac and inserted into mine and the CSP's for the ex characters dont change at all....

nebus css is an edit of phantoms wings released brawl ex pac file
so u need to insert your csps into nebus selcharacter pac instead of inserting nebus' to your existing selcharaceter pac
hope that makes sense

May 02, 2014, 12:25:22 AM #5420 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:29:56 AM by KingEvilpuff
I'm kinda getting into getting Cosmetics to work, but now my character crashes upon stage selection.

One noteworthy thing is that in training mode (before it freezes), the in-game name shows as "Green Alloy". rather than "Crazy Hand".
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

May 02, 2014, 12:55:44 AM #5421 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 12:58:03 AM by Tidus
Quick question, do we still add the module files (ft_charactername) in the most recent BEX?

Post Merge: May 02, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

Also for some reason my CSS had an extra Link clone (that couldn't be selected). I checked my files and there's no reason for him to be there.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 02, 2014, 12:55:44 AM
Quick question, do we still add the module files (ft_charactername) in the most recent BEX?

Post Merge: May 02, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

Also for some reason my CSS had an extra Link clone (that couldn't be selected). I checked my files and there's no reason for him to be there.

Yes and you're ridiculous obviously because that is ridiculous.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: frostymm on May 02, 2014, 01:05:46 AM
you're ridiculous obviously because that is ridiculous.

wat?

Just checked now, and there were two extra copies of each clone.

I think it's because I have multiple PF folders on my SD card (named PF Old and PF Older)

Welp...


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Tidus on May 02, 2014, 01:09:59 AM
wat?

Just checked now, and there were two extra copies of each clone.

I think it's because I have multiple PF folders on my SD card (named PF Old and PF Older)

Welp...

did you check cssroster.dat in the brawlex folder. open it in a hex editor and you might find a link clone entry in there.


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

Still having uneven results when loading the result screen. Only works sometimes, with certain characters. The portraits are all named correctly with the right compression. Does anything need changing in the PAT files for all the replaced .pacs?
Something remixed this way comes...

Quote from: SilverBaretta on May 02, 2014, 01:55:39 AM
Still having uneven results when loading the result screen. Only works sometimes, with certain characters. The portraits are all named correctly with the right compression. Does anything need changing in the PAT files for all the replaced .pacs?
Just the RESULT, and only for custom Result Franchise Icons.

Hmm. I wonder what the problem is then. Maybe I'll just redo all my Cosmetic configs. It'll be a pain, but hopefully that's what the issue is.
Something remixed this way comes...

So I am looking to create a Ganon clone that will be Darth Vader. Does anyone have the PSA for it anywhere? This one would be the best but the download link is broken. I was just wondering if anyone still has this and would like to share the files, because I feel like Darth Vader would be an awesome addition to the roster!  :laugh:


Oh and is anyone working on any new modules at the moment? Like Toon Link for this, and maybe an Ice Climber for whenever this project gets done.  ;D

Well I managed to get CSPs and BPs working, but I still get crashes when ending a match (Results Screen). I have the needed files, and those said files are named correctly.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]