Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shadow causing freezing.  (Read 1722 times)
Victory Badguy
Slightly Different
Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 20, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »

Hey.  I just DL'd Mastaklo's new version of Shadow and, for the most part, it works fine.  However, every once in a while, the Wii will freeze right as the match ends and the game goes to the results screen.  While the screen is black, the Wii will produce a soft, continuous "beep" sound.  I am using Shadow without any codes on except for the File Patch code and I'm using him with Riivolution.  The funny thing is, this doesn't happen for every match, and I'm not sure what's causing it.  Do any of you guys have any ideas for possible fixes?

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »

Possible animation issues?  It's also possible that one of the texture parts is larger/smaller than it should be.

Pin0yB0i
    Badace
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 09:26:28 PM »

Well... There are many possibilities...
    It may be Riivolution. Because it sucks.
    It might be the stage you're fighting on.
    Or the creator just screwed up.

Or what mnsg said.
    Ask Mastaklo to test it out for himself, then he'll fix it.
    Because I certainly can't do animations for s***.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 09:29:41 PM »

Possible animation issues?  It's also possible that one of the texture parts is larger/smaller than it should be.

It can't be the textures, as I'm not using the ones Mastaklo provided.  I used the standard Sonic blue texture and Lensho's vertexed Mephiles in both of the matches that caused freezing.  I suppose that it could be one of the win animations, as I only saw two of the win animations in the matches that worked.  That third animation could be the one that caused the freezing.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 11:49:22 AM »

OK, I did some testing with Shadow, and I may have figured out what causes the freezing.  I have concluded that it can't be either his Win2 or Win3 animations, as I saw both of those animations and it never froze.  I guess that leaves his Win1 animation as the culprit.  Can anyone do some more testing to verify whether or not Shadow's Win1 animation causes freezing? I'll do some more testing myself to try and figure out what's wrong.

*Edit*: Scratch that.  None of Shadow's win animations cause freezing.  The only other thing that I can think of is that if I end the match during Chaos Control or Shadow's neutral B, it causes some sort of glitch at the results screen.  Again, I'll do more testing.

*Double Edit*:  Well, the freezing glitch seems to have fixed itself for now.  I've played a good 10 matches or so and I haven't had one problem, which is weird considering that it used to be freezing every other match.  Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
    « Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:55:09 PM by Victory Badguy » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: