WIP PSA Workshop

Started by KingJigglypuff, June 16, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I found interesting how you combined those effects.  :) Too bad I don't like god characters.

For your question, you can't do that because tilts/smashes actions are coded to send you to air state whenever you leave the ground while performing them.
In my koopa psa, I made a workaround during the attackHi4 subaction to make the character leave the ground, you can see there to make things easier. It basically uses a variable and change the action during an attack that occurs randomly, with this action being one of the special attacks actions, but it is only read when the action is triggered during the up smash. In this action, you can code your own physics if you have to.
It works, but perhaps you can do that with action overrides nowadays, I didn't have this option back then. But I don't know how they work, so far I never needed them.

May 28, 2018, 07:44:46 PM #2041 Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:46:26 PM by crett
thanks, that's really helpful. i had a feeling i might've had to resort to switching to another action or something.

and agreed on god characters, it's not like i even plan on really using this character once he's finished, so i'm confused?? on why im so motivated to finish it?

in any case, that only leaves me with the issue of removing metaknight's multijump, and finding a way to hit multiple times in one frame (i consider dealing more than 1 damage cheating in this character's case)

i'll return when i figure it out!

I think you should do whatever you want. If you're happy with your work, that's what is important.
The multi jump, at least king dedede, each jump subaction had a bit set that allowed him to jump one more time. Removing those bits also prevents the next jump from occuring.