Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

goodbye PM Roy, you're getting replaced.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524


Quote from: Nao-chan on April 16, 2015, 10:45:05 PM
Looking fantastic as always IWG. I am in full support of this and will definitely use it once released.
tanks

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on April 17, 2015, 12:34:35 AM
goodbye PM Roy, you're getting replaced.
glad you like it

Quote from: Draco on April 17, 2015, 09:52:41 AM
I'd thank you if you made a version that keeps PM Roy's head.
sorry but i want my first custom made model to be 100% custom

also, for those that don't watch my thread i have been working on the new hair. it's still a major WIP, I didn't have the scalp to form it around so it's flat up top





close up of hair
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


will add a third layer to the portion under the headband to fill the empty space there. will also add the two middle hairs up top and then some stray hairs in other places

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

I'd suggest going for a full cape over the hand cape thing V:


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I highly recommend not making everything shaped, and making it more open ended. so you can put transparency in it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Large Leader on April 20, 2015, 01:40:55 PM
I'd suggest going for a full cape over the hand cape thing V:

I don't. It looks more true to form. Also it's differing from his other appearance. I'd keep it the way you have it to be honest IWG.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Nao-chan on April 20, 2015, 09:37:06 PM
I don't. It looks more true to form. Also it's differing from his other appearance. I'd keep it the way you have it to be honest IWG.

I've talked to IWG about it before, although I have no idea what he decided. I think he said that he'd see which looks best before and after it's rigged.

Speaking abou the source, Roy's cape in his artwork isn't even on him; He has it draped on his arm. Anyways, there's no way to rig it to look good. The cape on the arm would have to be rigged with the arm, shoulderj, shouldern, bust, and cape bones.

In other words, it's either going to be extremely difficult to get right or it's going to be impossible to look good.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Velen on April 20, 2015, 09:25:15 PM
I highly recommend not making everything shaped, and making it more open ended. so you can put transparency in it.
He's not aiming for a Brawl style model, he was aiming for a more Hyrule Warriors style. He did say he might try plane style hair though, so we'll see what happens.

Quote from: Velen on April 20, 2015, 09:25:15 PM
I highly recommend not making everything shaped, and making it more open ended. so you can put transparency in it.
what taiko said is true, since this is my first model I decided to do it the hyrule warriors way because it's easier to model.

the plane hair style that we want is that of metal gear solid, which will require a crap load of work. I like the way the MGS plane hair looks but i'm not sure if I can do that with my current skill level, will require some experimenting.

after I finish modeling everything I will attempt the plane hair style. this way if it doesn't work out, I already have everything else done and can put the finishing touches on him.

Quote from: Nao-chan on April 20, 2015, 09:37:06 PM
I don't. It looks more true to form. Also it's differing from his other appearance. I'd keep it the way you have it to be honest IWG.
what large leader said is also true, I will decide after I rig the current one. I like the cape how it is now too, but if I can't get it to look good then I may have to switch to a full cape.

I modeled the cape based on a cosplay costume, I couldn't find any official pics of the back. only found fanart and cosplay pics.

@large leader - think I forgot to tell you this, but I am not gonna make it move with the arm like in the artwork. like you said that will be too difficult or impossible without major edits, instead I am just gonna make it move like a regular cape

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

Lucina's released, get her here!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrcoaehx9jilctf/Lucina.rar?dl=0

Also included are 7 additional recolors courtesy of Program.

Final renders (you may not be able to see anything at all on the forum because the pictures are kinda huge so I'll link to my deviantart account):


Lucina:
http://vert092.deviantart.com/art/Lucina-custom-3D-model-for-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl-533679582
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Recolors:
http://vert092.deviantart.com/art/Lucina-custom-model-recolors-533685835
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Additional recolors:
http://vert092.deviantart.com/art/Lucina-Custom-model-aditional-colors-533687179
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry for the delay, but I've been real busy this last month.

Looks great! I was hoping to try out the model in-game tonight but my importing skills aren't that efficient, so I'll just have to wait patiently for someone else to tackle that task.

Still, great work to everyone involved.

To anyone whom it may concern. I derped up one of the textures, so I messaged Vert092 with the new one... and I just realized I sent him the wrong one... Yeah... So If anyone needs it it's right here with an updated belt for Sumia (The stripe was off center but I had no 3d model at the time so I didn't know. Cheers!

Can someone give me an image of the Ranulf model?

hello!

I wish ask if its possible download shorthaired Lucina of awakening version in OBJ format for Blender.

tnx you for advance !