Fire Emblem model importing thread - Lucina Released!

Started by Vert092, April 24, 2012, 10:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

So basically we created some sort of a group to model and rig some characters from Nintendo's best tactical-RGP series: Fire Emblem, from the first game: Ankakou Ryu to Hikari no Tsurugi, Marth's first adventure, to the latest one in the series: Fire Emblem: Awakening for the 3DS. We decided to move our progress to the model importing section so that this thread could get more attention.

LATEST WIPS:

-Ike [Lord] (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)



-Chrom [Lord] (Fire Emblem: Awakening) Model by Demon_of_Elru, textures by Shun_One







- Ike [Vanguard] (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)








- Ike [Hero] (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)



 Expressions:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


- Marth Einherjar [Lodestar] [Fire Emblem: Awakening] v3.0

[AWAKENING ENDGAME MINOR SPOILERS:]
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


-Roy Einherjar (Mercenary) [Fire Emblem: Awakening]



-Lucina (Lord) [Fire Emblem: Awakening]



- Donnel [Fire Emblem Awakening] by Ninka_Kiwi



FINISHED MODELS:



- Marth Einherjar (Lodestar) [Fire Emblem: Awakening] v2.0 (by Vert092, Shun_One and RamonM64)



Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31442

- Nephenee (Halberdier) [Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn] (by Albafika, SJS, ramonM64, StarWaffle)



Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32832

-Mia (Trueblade) [Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn] (by Albafika, SJS with credit to StarWaffle, Vert092 and DSX8



Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27807

-Mia (Swordmaster) [Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn]



Download (Model): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27922
Download (Recolors): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28123
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29048

-Roy (Super Smash Bros. Series) by Thany with credit to Vert092, Albafika, Beyond, Starwaffle, Steelia, Oshtoby, DSX8, GBC, BlackJax96



Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27921

-Lucina (Lord) [Fire Emblem: Awakening] v1.0 by Demon_of_Elru, Vert092 and Shun_One



Download: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30162

Planned Models:

- Sigurd (Knight Lord) [Fire emblem: Genealogy of Holy-War]
- Ike (Lord) [Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance]
- Marth (Lord) [Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon]

New thread, eh?

I've got some I'll-rig-him-as-soon-as-his-hair-normals-are-fixed-pics ready :3

Took a long time to vertex him into position...Seeing as the body(sans armour, cape, etc) was from the vertex, I figured it would've been in the position to match Marth's skeleton by default...But it was actually rotated 90 degrees AND about 5 times its size x__x

...I also still need to mould his right hand into a position so it fits with his animations, too, but those two things are the only things I need to take care of before his rig can commence(That, and his current talk face creeps me out. I made it too realistic - the jaw is moved downwards, like a real mouth, unlike how Marth's jaw actually get a little shorter when his mouth opens x__x

It's very Un-Canny Valley. *shudders*)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Just a full pic from an angle.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

The extra swords will be deleted based on whether it's for his no-sheathe, Marth-sheathe, or back sheathe versions. I've said this before, but I won't rig the back sheathe to Marth's normal sheathe bone, as to avoid wierd animation hiccups, like having it go through his stomach and stuff x__x

All the "sheathed" swords will be rigged to the bone that controls the transparency of the sheathed hilt on Marth - The TsukaM, I believe. It isn't used for animating purposes, so it shouldn't mess up any animations, regardless if it's the side sheathe, or the other two positions.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Just another close up pic. Roy's growing quite bored in there, it seems. ^_^'

...Oh no.... I lost my kinky post count  :oshi:
Left the modding community on 06/18/13

Click THIS one instead for my new PSA/Modding thread.
Old Smashboards  Roy PSA thread!
Hey, look! I have a DeviantArt account now!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 25, 2012, 03:09:37 AM #2 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:39:58 AM by Shun_One
Checking in.

Whoa, that's a lot of images in the OP. Might be best to link to a general resource page for the Radiant Dawn models to save some space.

Anyway, like it says in the OP. I'm good with textures (and CSPs and such). That said, I had no idea someone was working on a custom Krom. As per usual, anyone needing texture assistance just give me a call and I'll help out.

EDIT: Got Blender and Anim8tor. Time to learn to work with models.

EDIT2: Vert, I'm going to touch up those Spirit Marth textures a bit. Particularly the boots since they seem closest to the Brawl model.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

So, is this the new Fire Emblem thread?

I ran across two videos that feature the new Marth and Roy in Awakening,
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Here's a pic of Roy ingame of Awakening
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So yea, Shun_One you were right about him being a generic Mercenary. He doesn't even look like from the art, well some is I guess...

Anyways, yea I think I may rig something from Radiant Dawn. The models look good, not sure who yet though...

Shun, yeah, I might put the Radiant Dawn images in other thread an not in this one, there are too many models!
Also not sure if you have seen it, but I added a download for Ranulf. And if you update the boot texture for Marth send it to me, I mapped the new boots to the original texture, so it's not edited.
And Azai, Roy's chapter looks awesome! The music adds a nice feeling to it. However I'm kinda dissapointed with his model. Will he be able to promote to hero (or even master lord!) again?

April 26, 2012, 04:17:03 PM #5 Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 06:37:46 PM by Shun_One
Quote from: Azai
So yea, Shun_One you were right about him being a generic Mercenary. He doesn't even look like from the art, well some is I guess...
I was dissapointed with his model, but understand the way it's been done. Roy can promote to Hero and class change to other things, but I'm not certain what they are (for reference, Marth can class change into every male class in the game). It does make finishing off Spirit Roy easier since we don't have to guess as much any more.

We can add the cape and viola! He's a lord again.

Quote from: Vert092
Shun, yeah, I might put the Radiant Dawn images in other thread an not in this one, there are too many models!
Also not sure if you have seen it, but I added a download for Ranulf. And if you update the boot texture for Marth send it to me, I mapped the new boots to the original texture, so it's not edited.
Nice updates. I'll PM you when I finish updating the texture.

Also, more Spirit Characters:
Holy King Alm, from Gaiden
Class: Demon Slayer
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Priestess of Dawn Micaiah from Radiant Dawn
Class: Dark Mage
[spoiler]
[spoiler]

Anyone interested?
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Alm looks great, best redesign so far. It feels like the exact same character from the original game, unlike Roy.
And Micaiah... What were they thinking? She looks... well, guess I don't have to say it.
Might attempt both of those characters in the near future, maybe Micaiah first because of the schmexyness. Also relevant, ripped 3rd tier Marcia, 2nd tier Soren and of course 2nd Tier Micaiah, I gotta upload them soon.

@ vert092

It does doesn't it? I'm sure we all are disappointed wit the ingame model, but at least the art is badass.

@Shun_one

Your right, the cape is all thats missing and the ingame model would have been fine.

Anyhow, heh I remember playing Fire Emblem Gaiden...Alm looks awesome, for some reason why I'm getting this feeling he looks like some DBZ character in armor? Maybe it's the artist?

Anyway, hey Vert092 do you happen to have Edward from Radiant Dawn? His first class is fine.

Roy needs a bandana as well, he's nothing without one. Also Azai, it's funny you ask for Edward, because his first class model is what I replaced to get every single model from radiant dawn. That means I can get every model except 1st tier edward, unless I make another iso from my original radiant dawn (which I'll eventually have to make, because I accidentally messed it up last time I ripped).

Aww man. Oh well, it's fine no worries.

About Spirit Roy, I guess the awesomeness of the illustration back-fired. The other characters' aren't quite as tricked out as Roy (okay, Alm is, but he get's a new class) so we didn't expect too much from their in-game appearances.

Anyway, did some more texture work for Spirit Marth. It has been sent. Awaiting a few model updates before I get back to Spirit Roy.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

>.>

I've been vertexing Leaf over Marth, and it would be awesome if you could do the textures, Shun.
Not much progress on Roy... :<

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

April 29, 2012, 05:29:35 AM #12 Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:17:42 AM by Shun_One
Quote from: ExorcistRain on April 28, 2012, 10:25:55 PM
>.>

I've been vertexing Leaf over Marth, and it would be awesome if you could do the textures, Shun.
Not much progress on Roy... :<
Sure, send me however much you've made and I'll get right on it. I like texturing these Spirit guys.

As for Roy...LOL. He'll get finished eventually.

Why am I still awake
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

Actually, Leaf is the retro version since I figured it would be the simplest.
I'll send you what I got.

burning questions? contact me at bjelkiers.tumblr.com

Quote from: ExorcistRain on April 29, 2012, 01:15:05 PM
Actually, Leaf is the retro version since I figured it would be the simplest.
I'll send you what I got.
I may utilize elements of new Leaf into retro Leaf.
I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM