Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unfinished Hacked chars  (Read 1649 times)
SasukeCML2
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »

Ive been playing brawl hacked for years now. and i get confused when and why people will start on a character that everyone wants and creates a beta....but then never finish. Perfect Example Dante from DMC3 or marvel vs capcom 3 PSA! the concept was genius! but it was never completed  I see what you did there ...   all he needed was some move adjustments ,taunts, and 2 good final smashes! perferably one of the taunts or FS's giving him new abilities or moveset  to make him more complete like the goku PSA.  its been about 2 years now since then! ever since imports became popular the latest update that was made was an import for dante from UMVC3. but still no PSA updates. i just wanna know when all these great concepts ever come to completion? who wudnt want to have a completed dante, vergil, sasuke, gohan, vegeta, wolverine, deadpool (shout outs to Silent Doom) and bomberman!!!??? those would be great! i just hope i dont have to wait another 4 years to get them.

So if u think making them myself would be better (even tho i have no idea on how to do so) then somebody PLEASE tell me! cuz honestly im tired of playing UMVC3 just so i can play with dante, vergil, deadpool, and zero just so i can cheated and frustrated by the time im done playing. I would much rather perfer them to be in brawl instead!

Imagine them in project M !!! being able to combo! that would be sick! Happy Face

SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »

Many reasons:

1) People don't have the time to do them.  Movesets (particularly good ones) take the longest to make out of all character hacks.  Way longer than textures and imports.  There's a number of factors to take into account and people have other things they want to be doing.

2) People don't feel inspired to make them.  I've had this where I just kinda lose my drive to make mods and it just doesn't really become fun.  More of a chore to complete them.  So they're left in limbo.  This is essentially what happened with Dante.  Originally DivineOverlord started on it and I helped out but after the first release neither of us really gave a [censored]. 

3) They reach a hitch in the road and something becomes difficult code wise or a glitch of some sort holds them back.  This doesn't actually happen all that much, especially since most decent modders can work around these problems. 

So really, there's not much point in asking "when will stuff be done".  We do this stuff in our free time as nothing more than a hobby so seldom can we give some kind of conclusive release date especially when something's not even close to being finished development. 

On a side note, you can't just insert a PSA into Project:M.  It simply wouldn't work as well.  Really, a PSA should be built specifically for P:M or at least properly adjusted for P:M, not made for vBrawl and just put into P:M.  This is due to how Project:M's codeset is.  You could do it for Brawl+, Balanced Brawl or even Brawl- but not really Project:M.   

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »

@sdo0m ^this

it take time to do a good PSA
    just look at me i have been working on my fav. char. (gotenks) for a really long time cuz i wanted him to be a full release(not Beta) then i release him so i have to use alot of time for animations/PSA coding and still they are not done(but closer then ever now)
    so even good moveset makers can take long time for making a PSAs
    the main reason (i think) for ppl release unfinished moveset betas is so the moveset can get faster released so ppl can try it and give feedback for the moveset and to later updates if there is coming more updates
    thats what i do if i release a beta moveset also so i can get a break on working on that one and work on something else
    « Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:29:42 PM by Mariodk » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:52:13 PM »

Many reasons:

1) People don't have the time to do them.  Movesets (particularly good ones) take the longest to make out of all character hacks.  Way longer than textures and imports.  There's a number of factors to take into account and people have other things they want to be doing.

2) People don't feel inspired to make them.  I've had this where I just kinda lose my drive to make mods and it just doesn't really become fun.  More of a chore to complete them.  So they're left in limbo.  This is essentially what happened with Dante.  Originally DivineOverlord started on it and I helped out but after the first release neither of us really gave a [censored]. 

3) They reach a hitch in the road and something becomes difficult code wise or a glitch of some sort holds them back.  This doesn't actually happen all that much, especially since most decent modders can work around these problems. 

So really, there's not much point in asking "when will stuff be done".  We do this stuff in our free time as nothing more than a hobby so seldom can we give some kind of conclusive release date especially when something's not even close to being finished development. 

On a side note, you can't just insert a PSA into Project:M.  It simply wouldn't work as well.  Really, a PSA should be built specifically for P:M or at least properly adjusted for P:M, not made for vBrawl and just put into P:M.  This is due to how Project:M's codeset is.  You could do it for Brawl+, Balanced Brawl or even Brawl- but not really Project:M.  

4) or if someon is waiting for something/one. like a version of brawlbox, or aperson to get back, or for ideas to be thought of

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: