Brawl 4 (build has been removed)

Started by Nebulon, October 05, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I notice that other packs on the Vault get a lot of downloads, especially ones that use my older iterations of the Brawl 4 All build. I need to know, am I still putting together a quality build?

Yes. Other people get more downloads because their build is on the Vault.
 Yes, but your "quality" isn't geared to the masses.
No, not anymore. You're image of a collab build is not what people enjoy anymore.
No, you've always gotten Brawl modding wrong. Your build hasn't ever been cutting edge.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I have a quick question.

I'm running this pack without any of the custom stages and just replacing the normal stages with my own. When I try to replace the standard stage pictures in common5.pac it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a different method used in this pack or for BrawlEx in general for normal pre-BrawlEx style SSS icon replacement?

You need to replace the images in menu2/sc_selmap.pac, not common5.pac.

Good luck~
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

^That's definitely different than all the guides I've seen. Is that a new BrawlEx thing?

If so, if I replace those images will it change for all the other menus too like the random stage select and music menu?

Don't think so, I thiiink this has just always been the best way to do so, but I cannot say for sure.

Still, this just changes character select stuff, everything else like replay icons and such need other files. not sure what the other files are though...
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!