Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: collision data  (Read 2470 times)
??_?
Attention. I have your Attention.
Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:48 PM »

HEY, Is there any way I can add a collision data file to my stage? and if not, if one part of the collision data is attached to a model, and that model goes away will it affect the rest of the collision data that isn't attached?

and also help, i need a small (in file size) ship file that isn't corneria or or an arwing
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:07:48 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Featured Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »

Theres not necessarily a way to ADD collision to your stages (Like if you mean adding 2 different collision datas and mashing them together

and collision that is attached to a model, if the model is made transparent, deleted, or otherwise removed, it wont effect the collision data, collision data is really what Brawl reads to find as solid substance on the models, if you remove the model and leave the collision data there, it would still read it as a surface, despite the model missing, so no, removing certain collision data wont effect the entire stage

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »

thanks, I will test it out ingame

and also also, what is the absolute file size limit for stages? 
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:15:56 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:36:05 PM »

Thats Ironic because that certain issue delayed a stage of mines that I was supposed to release, for about almost a week Lol

First off (theres an explanation)

Storage problems for stages is an EXTREMELY rare situation, for it happens by having TOO many textures, TOO many models, or too much data on a stage with limited Model Datas, because Model Datas are what extends the space, for example

If you have about 80 textures on a Final Destination based stage, and tons of big models, it will probably load but it would have very odd effects, or would just crash the game overall Lol

So this is solved by adding Model Datas, which allow more storage space and allow you to add more things to your stages

Im not sure the file size limit although I would have to guess probably around 8-10MB but that would be almost impossible for you would have to have TONS of Models and TONS of textures applying to MULTIPLE models in each Model Data of a stage like Big Blue or something, so thats not an issue

But if you ever have a storage space issue (again which is rare) then delete some unused textures, delete some unused models, or add more model datas (which is an upside because it would allow your stage to be compatible with more stages without the use of a .rel)

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:43:37 PM »

oh wow, I didn't know that, thanks!!!
    one question though, how can I make my stage compatible with more stages without using .rels?
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 08:02:29 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

FairKnight
    Fighter of the Cosmos
    Extreme Kitten

From Ice to Wind

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:21:17 PM »

Thats what everyone is doing now ^^

its basically like this, all stages have multiple Model Datas its what makes up the stage

if you have the same amount of model datas as the stage you want to replace (without .rels) then  you can replace it, sounds complicated but here's an example

-Online Training's .pac -                                                               -Final Destination's .pac-

Model Data[1]                                                                               Model Data[1]

Model Data[2]

to make an Online Training based stage work on Final Destination, you just have to port a Model Data (usually should just be the static Model Data Mewtwo Created) and make it a Model Data [2] this can work on massive scales such as having an online training based stage work on Battlefield by porting Model Datas[1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 200]

If im unclear you can kinda go Here to view MewTwo 2000s tutorial on Model Datas, it can work for most stages

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 08:23:57 PM »

oh wow, I didn't know that, thanks!!!
    one question though, how can I make my stage compatible with more stages without using .rels?
    You have to give the stage your making the same modeldata[?]s as the stage your making. So say you want it to go over Luigis Mansion, you'll need to have ModelDatas 0-14, 100, and 101. You don't need to have models in all of them, just put static models in the extra data files.

:ninja'd:

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: