Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help in understanding the terms.  (Read 1614 times)
Naruto200Man
Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 02, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »

Hey can anyone help me out with a few things? I would like some advice on how a beginner with like no coding knawlage whatsoever could hack/edit the character models. I mean like shape wise and everything. Not really editing how they move and stuff. I also want to know how to make a whole new image like the texture images. As in making a complete texture from scratch with a preloaded image of something/someone.

Techno Assassin
    Expert Kitten

An Ace can never lose!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 04:20:46 PM »

There are guides for this kind of thing 
    To make a stage texture, you need to open the stage in Brawlbox (If you don't know what this is, I highly recommend that you check out those guides). Once you have done this, navigate to texturedata[0], export anything you want to edit, and alter it to your heart's content in the image editor of your choice (my editor of choice is GIMP).

As for models (I'm assuming you mean vertexing), the methods that are out there aren't all that easy, or functional. You could try Stickman's tutorial if you really want to learn, otherwise I'd just wait 'til DasDonkeyVertexBox 2.0 comes out.

If you want to make 2d stages (take any random picture and turn it into a stage), check out WackaAlpaca on YouTube. His tutorials are the best thing out there for n00bs.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »

There are guides for this kind of thing 
    To make a stage texture, you need to open the stage in Brawlbox (If you don't know what this is, I highly recommend that you check out those guides). Once you have done this, navigate to texturedata[0], export anything you want to edit, and alter it to your heart's content in the image editor of your choice (my editor of choice is GIMP).

As for models (I'm assuming you mean vertexing), the methods that are out there aren't all that easy, or functional. You could try Stickman's tutorial if you really want to learn, otherwise I'd just wait 'til DasDonkeyVertexBox 2.0 comes out.

If you want to make 2d stages (take any random picture and turn it into a stage), check out WackaAlpaca on YouTube. His tutorials are the best thing out there for n00bs.

I meant like the actual terms for everything though lol But I'll just wait for Vertexbox 2.0 and maybe check some tutorials out X_X

Techno Assassin
    Expert Kitten

An Ace can never lose!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the question.
    If you need any help just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:51:48 PM »

Ah, sorry I misunderstood the question.
    If you need any help just let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Yeah, for one, is there any way to change the models without vertexing? Or is that tool that's comming out at some point going to be that simple click and change kinda thing?
    Also made my first set of texture hacks. The Samus one sucks, but the peach and zelda one I'm satisfied with mostly.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=5075&Moderated=0

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: