I had a great time! Thank you all for being a part of this with me!

Started by Ricky (Br3), July 12, 2010, 01:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What should I do next?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

A stage!
63 (50.8%)
A tutorial!
24 (19.4%)
ME *strips*
37 (29.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

I didn't lose my way. I found it.
This stage looks great!
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.


Quote from: jjookkeekkiidd on September 24, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
lol, i hope the NPCs end up standing straight, instead of lying on the floor though...

I'm not sure if I'll keep them, but if I do, they will stand straight lol

Quote from: Esdes3 on September 24, 2014, 03:13:15 PM
I didn't lose my way. I found it.
This stage looks great!

I'm glad you like it! There are more previews coming soon.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi-NG- on September 24, 2014, 04:30:50 PM
Ah classic pallet town!

Shades of your journey await!



EDIT:



[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


You have alot of broken Images due to ImageShack's changes.

You don't mind if I restore a few pictures for them? I'm entering on one of my mass restoring phases again.

cuz I'm bored.

Not at all, I'd actually be really thankful :)
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Destiny Islands:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



My time was short I could not add it to the entry yet.

Alright guys, let's take a moment to talk for real.

Regarding stages, I wanted to hear what you guys have in mind. Come on, give me ideas. I'm listening.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on November 11, 2014, 04:52:58 PM
Alright guys, let's take a moment to talk for real.

Regarding stages, I wanted to hear what you guys have in mind. Come on, give me ideas. I'm listening.

Toilet.

I'm not joking, it was part of a heated request thread that in the end never resulted in anything.

Also, perhaps a stage inspired by TF2 would be nice. The models are easily obtainable too. I can help, I always wanted to make a tf2 stage, but with my limited stage importing knowledge I was unable to do so.

Really? Um...

What do you do not know about stage importing?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: br3compactor on November 12, 2014, 02:02:51 AM
Really? Um...

What do you do not know about stage importing?

I had a massive numbers of fails in trying to make "Toy Time Galaxy", and "Sweet Sweet Galaxy" from Mario Galaxy a reality:
http://www.models-resource.com/wii/supermariogalaxy/

I have two issues:

- I had multiple, multiple models from the model resource I could had used for stages, sadly most of them I imported their textures wrong, I followed Wolf stage importing tutorial to the point, everything worked but the erratic textures were an issue. Especially for objects that were symmetrical, most of their textures were not. Like Mario's Star for example, the textures were not symmetrical.

I only managed to import the background and a couple of toys correctly.

- And since I never actually imported a freshly converted .obj as a main platform by my own, I don't know the extra  things I need to add that is not mentioned on the tutorial, such as how to make the main platform not crash the game.

So I guess my main worry is tweaking the main platform as I only blindly tried a few times with no avail. I never attempted that again.

That is why most of my stages have objects imported, but none had a new main platform imported by me.

I see.

Well, personally, I never used stuff on my stages that wasn't already imported before or from Brawl already. Pretty much everything I ever built was using Brawl models...

However, DSX8 teached me a few things and I was able to sucessfully import obj. But since I did so for practice, even though I got the model imported fine and it worked perfectly fine in-game, I never used it in any of my stages. Specially because I just picked a random one to see if I could import.

Long story short, here are the settings he teached me:



Minor things can also be fixed AFTER importing, as far as I remember.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Awesome! With that I'm giving it another try.

Also, is there anything extra I need to do in order to import a new main platform? Or is it the same principal?

And I just realized that we have bitstripper now, I did not had that before.

Quote from: Scout on November 12, 2014, 12:30:36 PM
Awesome! With that I'm giving it another try.

Also, is there anything extra I need to do in order to import a new main platform? Or is it the same principal?

And I just realized that we have bitstripper now, I did not had that before.

I don't think there is anything extra.

I do remember something to do with "Force Float = True" which had to do with the textures, though.

EDIT1: expand MDL0 > Shader > Shader0 > TextureRef0 > True

EDIT2: Here are the exporting settings for 3DSMax when exporting as a DAE:

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Thanks a ton, I saved those picture, as I really need to memorize them.

you only need to set it up once though, 3ds max remembers your latest export settings