Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blender issue resolved!  (Read 7933 times)
Cocopuff
Mega Kitten

Addicted to PSA as a minor. So sad

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »

Ok, I know that this isn't a hack and that it probably doesn't belong here, but after a long time of reading posts about people who haven't been able to make vertex work in blender(myself included) I have finally found the source of the issue and fixed it! YAY!
    The issue I'm refering to is the one where after hacking in blender, the character was unchanged and the polygon was shot out for infinity.

Ok, so the issue was this:newer versions of anim8or would somehow mess up the file when converting it to an obj and back to a 3ds. For example, when I looked at one that hadn't been messed with VS one that had been converted and than back again without any modifications, the codes were different when looked at in a hex editor. So, after alot of looking, I found an old version of anim8or, tried it out, and it was glitch-free.

Here's the link to anim8or V.4: http://www.mediafire.com/?wmjd4ydx4znyj2z

Here's the link on how to edit verticies in blender:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZUss7H5Ck" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zZUss7H5Ck</a>

Enjoy, and tell me if it works for you!
    « Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 10:17:53 PM by Cocopuff » Logged

Alucard
    An ancient hero awakes from his long slumber.
    [/spoiler]

hotdogturtle
    Extreme Kitten

:3

• Awards Famous Hacker Ceiling Cat Featured Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »

There's a forum for this.

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »

where?

Alucard
    [/spoiler]

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:56:35 AM »

Vertex hacks?

Though I gotta try this!  I can use Blender better than I can use 3DS Max so I will give it a shot.

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 02:38:14 PM »

Make sure you use the anim8or provided, the new versions don't work for blender
    And also, I realized that I accidently put this in texture hacks, when it should go in vertex hacks. Sorry.
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 02:55:30 PM by Cocopuff » Logged

Alucard
    [/spoiler]

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:30:38 PM »

Umm not if it helps much, but you can also bypass this problem in a much simpler way.
    1: insert the model change on the normal model and keep the donkybox open.
    2: deleat the model made by donkybox
    3: apply the same changes to the modeloriginal file and replace the current model with that one.

Oh and a  neat trick I figured out playing around with breast sizes(mainly out of curiosity) Just export the new model and place the current 3DS file for the new size onto it. When you open the preview up again it'll have about .5 times more than it used to in scale. this is a good way to bypass the games limit on how big/small you can make something.

Cocopuff
    Mega Kitten

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 07:13:24 PM »

yes, but when using blender you need to convert the file to an obj, and the conversion in newer versions of anim8or was screwing up the file and causing infinate planes to be in the model.

Alucard
    [/spoiler]

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »

yes, but when using blender you need to convert the file to an obj, and the conversion in newer versions of anim8or was screwing up the file and causing infinate planes to be in the model.

Do you export the object as model2? First deleat the original model (the one made by donkybox thats just called model) and insert the 3DS on the modeloriginal and it works just fine.

I think donkybox screwes it up cause it copies the file and renames it the original name. However when you put the 3DS on the "modeloriginal" file it works just fine. that's what I tried to say last time but worded it wrong >_>;;

The trick I learned to get past the size limit problem (for example making Taki sized ZSS) is to repeat the 'insert 3DS' process from the same 3DS file. Just export the originally edited model(The one you added the 3DS file to the first time) and do the trick above to it and bingo. XP sorry if that wasn't clear enough before, I suck at explaining things lol

How get past the blender problem
    1: do the 'insert 3DS on mdlo' command with the apropriate vertex offset
    2:When this is done, do NOT use the new mdlo file simply named "model" just deleat that.
    3: use the 'insert 3DS on mdlo' command(Again with the apropriate mdlo offset number for  the vertex u edited) on the file that donkybox names modeloriginal
    4: replace the model of the original file with the new one that you just made.
    Make absolutely sure that you put the 3DS file onto the ModelOriginal one before you replace the model file in the fit*characters name**number of costume*.pac! If you do this it will work perfectly every time.

Another note: In anim8or there should be a button on the left side of the screen that has four or five tiny blocks on it. when you click it it'll make the vertexes visible as squares instead of the usual circle. leave this on when exporting the thing to obj and when exporting the obj to the 3DS

Trick to get past the size limit (at least if you want to make something bigger) in the games system. (in other words the mdlo file)
    1:export the newly edited model to donkybox folder and name it model
    2: rinse and repeat the steps of the previous explanation but DO NOT redo the vertex editing etc, just stick with the 3DS file you already have! This way you can be sure that the exact same changes made last time are made to the model this time.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: