Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Controlling Damages, and embedded textures  (Read 2737 times)
Shiranui
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »

I am working on a project using samu, and I want to use the animation for her upwards item throw as an uppercut. What exactly makes the aniamtion do damage, and how do I edit the damage and it's damage type?

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:10:06 AM »

that would be delt with in PSA
    that deals with the hiitboxes and stuff...

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Shiranui
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 12:10:39 PM »

Ok, I got that now, but the problem is that when I try to open the FitMotionEtc, it says it cant open the file?

xDarkeh
    Newbie Kitten

<Where does this thing apply?...>

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 02:06:13 PM »

Psa opens.. FitCharacter only,... in other words you need another file of samus that whould be called FitSamus then you can open that in PSA

I recomend you get the 3 files of a character that are FitMotion, FitCharacter00 & FitCharacter.

FitMotion is The animations..

FitCharacter00 is mostly texture and model

And FitCharacter is used in PSA

The day absol has 2 horns in its head will be the end of pokerchu tsk tsk tsk,...

Shiranui
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

How exactly do you modify all the moves then? Only about 4 are on the FitCharacter

xDarkeh
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »

psa has 3 tabs... the first one is special.. it controls mainly the function of the "B attacks & final smash" the second tab.. is what youll be modifying i dont really remember its name but i know its the second tab.. once you click on the second tab itll have a list (those one you click and a list goes down) youll have to find what you want to modify.. if you want to modify a attacks hit box youll have to go to that attack and modify its offensive collitions..

if you want a character to do such animation and modify its hit collisions itll be something like this:

For Example: Pikachu's Up Smash, i want to do it so he makes the animation of his down taunt... so ill be needing to use brawlbox to make his up smash animation into that down taunt, once im done ill have to use PSA to modify his offencive collisions so it dosnt hit with the tail but with all his body.. so i open psa and go to the second tab search for the name of my attack wich whould be attackupsomething... and modify its colisions..

if you need help with collisions and psa i recomend you search a guide in the forums..

The day absol has 2 horns in its head will be the end of pokerchu tsk tsk tsk,...

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 03:43:20 PM »

I've never used PSA...
    I'm a game developer...
    (that's how I know the FitChar.pac files are physx and logic)

but I am a little interested in this PSA program...
    could someone PM me the DIR's on how to use PSA??
    I don't feel like reading through countless comments to figure out how to do something...

thanx in return Smiley

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Shiranui
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 03:52:32 PM »

psa has 3 tabs... the first one is special.. it controls mainly the function of the "B attacks & final smash" the second tab.. is what youll be modifying i dont really remember its name but i know its the second tab.. once you click on the second tab itll have a list (those one you click and a list goes down) youll have to find what you want to modify.. if you want to modify a attacks hit box youll have to go to that attack and modify its offensive collitions..

if you want a character to do such animation and modify its hit collisions itll be something like this:

For Example: Pikachu's Up Smash, i want to do it so he makes the animation of his down taunt... so ill be needing to use brawlbox to make his up smash animation into that down taunt, once im done ill have to use PSA to modify his offencive collisions so it dosnt hit with the tail but with all his body.. so i open psa and go to the second tab search for the name of my attack wich whould be attackupsomething... and modify its colisions..

if you need help with collisions and psa i recomend you search a guide in the forums..
    This was very helpful, bt I have already modified the attacks in the Fit Motion foler and they work in game, they just dont hit. I also have many mroe problems, such as the fact of getting ground atacks t work in midair. If anyone would like to fix out some of these bugs when I am done, I would be happy to give them credit where it couns. Otherwise I need to know exactly how to access the non-special attacks in the FitSamusPac, and to edit them on Brawlbox

xDarkeh
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »

tell you what ill redownload psa and see it again fast so i can give you the instructions fast

TheShyGuy
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 05:18:26 PM »

I've never used PSA...
    I'm a game developer...
    (that's how I know the FitChar.pac files are physx and logic)

but I am a little interested in this PSA program...
    could someone PM me the DIR's on how to use PSA??
    I don't feel like reading through countless comments to figure out how to do something...

thanx in return Smiley

best way is to just mess with stuff.  If you have any problems or questions SEARCH in the attack and animation hacks help subforum for your question.  If you still can't figure it out, make a topic in the help subforum or ask me/other people.

edit: you can't technically(as far as i know) do a ground move in the air, only change its animation.  Also you use offensive collisions for the hit.  Its pretty much self explanatory, bone ids go up starting from 0.  Flag digits have to be 1-3 first and 4th numbers.

flags
    1st Digit: Priority
    X-------
    3 - Standard Priority. Clashes with other Priority 3 attacks.

2 - Superior Priority. Cannot be interrupted by Priority 3 attacks. Clashes with Priority 2 attacks.

1 - Transcendent Priority - Does not clash, therefore cannot be interrupted.

0 - Does not connect.

4th Digit: Target State
    ---X----
    1 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is grounded.

2 - Offensive collision bubble will only be in effect if opponent is in the air.

3 - Offensive collision bubble will appear regardless of opponent's state.
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 05:23:13 PM by theshyguy » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: