Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: SSBB Stage Extension Pack 0.6  (Read 11350 times)
Quicksilver
Hyper Kitten

woof

• Awards Fiery Topic Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 05:36:36 PM »

awesome idea and interesting execution. however, i feel that its counterintuitive to a fun time brawling. the best stages are those that are big enough that you have a variety of options on how the battle will look, but at the same time, a solid meteor smash around 100-150% will send you flying faster then hell to your death. if a stage is too big, people can (and will) hide out to advoid the enemy or stay on the interior side of the stage making it hard as hell to get them far enough to KO them.

in my opinion, a stage needs at least 2 ways to KO (outside of wierd things like ice climber's fail whale, or that pink thing that KOs you on new pork city). wether this means a low death point so vertical KOs are possible, long horiszontal deathboundaries and a suspended platform so ledge grabing, ledge guarding, and spikes come into play, or short horizontal death boundaries.

just make sure theyre playable Smiley
    « Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 05:38:04 PM by Quicksilver » Logged

I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
    (it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! Smiley

MyKewl
    Mega Kitten

Ø "My future is righteousness." - Bob Marley Ø

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:42 PM »

i put these in my game Cheesy

Moonshine_Graffiti
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »

This is awesome. But is there any way to add water to the castle siege expansion? I mean, it seems kind of lame that you just fall through the water like it's not there. And besides, people can still drown, so there's the other way to kill someone. I think there's enough water there.

Also, the collision of gates at the edges of the bridge of eldin need a little bit tweaked a little bit. Make them so they cannot be jumped through. That, and perhaps shorted the right hand side, because king bulbin just disappears shortly after the right gate, and it kind of destroys the magic of it. 

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 12:34:37 AM »

That's true, the glitches should be fixed, if the screen zooms out enough there's a giant hole under the bridge on green hill, the Bulbin disappears apparently (in my case you could just jump through him), there are a bunch of jump through glitches and holes on the Bridge of Eldin, etc etc.

Hopefully these can get fixed because bigger stages are always more awesome.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:29:11 PM by Apprentice Of Death » Logged

-LzR-
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 03:34:48 PM »

Very nice stuff. Too bad this is bigger than Brawls maximum camera distance, so if you move away too far from your foe, you start to get damage. I only put these on the banned stages so it doesn't interfere with my competitive play, but help my item play Smiley

EternallyBlueTeam
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »

Looks very nice. I only need to test it, if it works I'wll record a video and post it on youtube if you're OK with that. As soon I get some free time I'll be working on it. PM me if you need me to record more stages Wink.

P.S: Bad English I know -_- (I am Dutch)

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: