The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

SO, if I have all the files on my SD card where I need them for a character hack, do I just put it in the wii and boot up Brawl or do I have to do something with Code Manager/the Homebrew channel first? I'm not planning on using any codes...

Quote from: Todd_Ingram on May 09, 2012, 01:31:31 PM
SO, if I have all the files on my SD card where I need them for a character hack, do I just put it in the wii and boot up Brawl or do I have to do something with Code Manager/the Homebrew channel first? I'm not planning on using any codes...
yup, launch gecko (and use file patch code)

or via riivolution (which you can install it AND beyond's XML in one click with my BFC)

Hi, I'm new here.
I did exactly like tutorial says, everything is good until i turn on SSBB... There are no hacks in here! My imported characters aren't there. I'm PAL region. Could you help me? :(

This will be a great guide for me. But no offense, telling people to downgrade their Wii is the worst advice ever. Here's what WiiBrew says about downgrading:
"WiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater.

Only update using the official update procedure. Downgrading or installing patched updates is unsupported, dangerous, and may permanently brick your Wii." Also, 4.2 and 4.3, as far as I've seen, don't affect brawl hacking at all. The only thing is that you must use the newest version of Riivolution because older versions were blocked. 

Where can I find a pac3 file? I want a Blastoise-sized Blastoise over squirtle

pf > menu2 > sc_selcharacter.pac

I don't have this for my T-rex selection slot.

BrawlBox Tutorials - Downloading Of All Necessary Files

Only gives me fitmotion.pac and char.pacs and no sc)selcharacter.pac




Hi! I had been using a NTSC iso with USB Loader GX and ocarina and it suddenly stopped working. Codes like extended CSS and no-limit camera work, but textures don't. I tried re-downloading and re-making the .gct and redownliading the game but still doesn't work. SD is not locked. Paths in my SD are ok and filenames/foldernames are alright. Anyone knows what can I do?
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Quote from: DannyDirnt on June 19, 2012, 03:05:42 PM
Hi! I had been using a NTSC iso with USB Loader GX and ocarina and it suddenly stopped working. Codes like extended CSS and no-limit camera work, but textures don't. I tried re-downloading and re-making the .gct and redownliading the game but still doesn't work. SD is not locked. Paths in my SD are ok and filenames/foldernames are alright. Anyone knows what can I do?
reinstate the NTSC file patch code - textures loader

Quote from: Diddy Kong on June 19, 2012, 07:03:26 PM
reinstate the NTSC file patch code - textures loader
I had already tried that. I realised this doesn't have much to do with the guide, so I created a new topic for it.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Actually, Smash Stack CAN install the Homebrew Channel.
Need some music made into a mashup or edited so it loops? Just send me a PM and I'll have it done as soon as I can!

Quote from: Samzapp on June 20, 2012, 09:38:15 PM
If you think any edit you make sucks, don't. Even if it doesn't get many downloads, it will still be excellent because you put your honest effort into it. Stick to your own opinions instead of letting others negatively influence them.


With the 4.3 update, if I install homebrew using LetterBomb does it still work to play super smash bros brawl mods with the gecko18 loaded up through the homebrew channel?

Quote from: theeruptor96 on July 07, 2012, 11:43:13 AM
With the 4.3 update, if I install homebrew using LetterBomb does it still work to play super smash bros brawl mods with the gecko18 loaded up through the homebrew channel?
Well, try searching it on youtube (how to softmod a wii 4.3 without a game)
You use bannerbomb.
And all the necessary files i had are on my other comuter, which i don't have anymore
If you wanna chat, or even Brawl, i'm the guy to come to!


Check out my channel!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jack0the0wii0killer
Let's Play Luigi's Mansion:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL429E75F2C77AF4DC&feature=plcp
Let's Play SMG2:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAE56EC3D4FD167D1&feature=plcp

How To Install Homebrew Channel LetterBomb (4.3 Wii) I found this on youtube which I was thinking of using to hack my wii, just wondering if anyone had tried it and it works?


July 14, 2012, 09:40:06 AM #419 Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:07:54 AM by theeruptor96
Okay, I've tried using riivolution and it's installed correctly but whenever I load up SSBB through Riivolution none of my textures loads or stages. Does anyone know why?

The files in my riivolution folder are K:\riivolution\codehandler.bin
                                                                            \ocarina.xml
                                                                            \SSBBfiles.xml


K:\private\wii\app\RSBP\pf\Fighter\ike

thats where I've put my textures for ike, it works with Gecko OS but not with Riivolution could anyone help me out?