The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking

Started by tjmsrubegoldberg, July 30, 2010, 06:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Jonaho23 on April 22, 2013, 12:37:30 AM
I downloaded SmashStack, but there's no private folder! It's just wii,app, and other stuff after that! HELP!
the bin file of smash stack goes in the stage builder folders
these folders can be created by you, nothing special about a folder already being there

its private>wii>app>RSBE>st>

that the bin goes in

I have a question...
Can I use 2 "hitbox.pac" and 2 "MotionEtc.pac" in the same character?
Example: I alredy have a file named FitToonLink.pac, FitToonLinkMotionEtc.pac wich have the mods of the OP(Over Powered) moves like, the ice boomerang, and the toon texture etc.
And I want to put the Skull Kid Final Smash... But the file comes with
FitToonLinkFinal.pac, FitToonLinkMotionEtc.pac, FitToonLink.pac
So I can put the Final.pac with no trouble because i have no more files like it... but when i want to add the motionetc.pac and the fittoonlink.pac... The computer say: they already a file named "fitToonLink.pac" do you want to replace it? and i do not want to... I want to use both files...
It is possible?

Quote from: Dark SharinganX on May 08, 2013, 11:51:33 AM
I have a question...
Can I use 2 "hitbox.pac" and 2 "MotionEtc.pac" in the same character?
Example: I alredy have a file named FitToonLink.pac, FitToonLinkMotionEtc.pac wich have the mods of the OP(Over Powered) moves like, the ice boomerang, and the toon texture etc.
And I want to put the Skull Kid Final Smash... But the file comes with
FitToonLinkFinal.pac, FitToonLinkMotionEtc.pac, FitToonLink.pac
So I can put the Final.pac with no trouble because i have no more files like it... but when i want to add the motionetc.pac and the fittoonlink.pac... The computer say: they already a file named "fitToonLink.pac" do you want to replace it? and i do not want to... I want to use both files...
It is possible?
no - the game shares ONE for all costumes
if you want to... try modding the game's main code to work the PSA on a costume-per-costume basis which nobody has dug yet

May 08, 2013, 07:34:49 PM #498 Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:48:20 PM by Dark SharinganX
Oooh... Thank you, that solved one part of the question...
But I may been confuse...
What I'm trying to do, is that i can use the final smash of skull kid and the ice boomerang with all costumes... but both files are named like "FitToonLink.pac"
so i don't want to do it costume per costume...
i want to use both FitToonLink.pacs with all the costumes....
So i can use the ice boomerang and the skull kid final smash with any toon link.

Post Merge: May 08, 2013, 07:46:26 PM

Example: My folders
private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/ToonLink
FitToonLink.pac (ice boomerang works with every costume) FitToonLink00.pcs (Wind Waker Texture) bla bla

but i want to put, another "FitToonLink.pac"(Skull Kid Final Smash)
and I want it to work with every costume too, but my computer say me; the file already exist, try another name, or you want to replace it?
There is a way ... to use both FitToonLink.pacs??

You'd have to switch off the PSA's whenever you want to use one or the other. Just rename them.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on May 08, 2013, 08:08:28 PM
You'd have to switch off the PSA's whenever you want to use one or the other. Just rename them.

Okay... Thanks...
So, it is not possible to use both mods at the same time?

Because, if I rename the file it is not going to work...
Well, or that's what I think.

I followed this forum exactly how it said to do it, and nothing's happening. I did get the Homebrew Channel, Gecko OS, and Riivolution to work, but the hacks that I've downloaded aren't working. (I've downloaded multiple, from multiple people, so it's not just one hack, or one person.)

I'm using 2 different SD cards: a 256 mb and a 512 mb. (I was informed that these sizes were fine for hacking.) My Wii System Menu is v. 4.3, but I assumed that that wasn't a problem. (If you need anymore info, just message me.)

Please, can anybody help?! I've been trying to get this to work for over a year, and everything I've tried has failed. I'm kinda starting to freak out here!

Quote from: ShadowX on May 10, 2013, 10:41:44 PM
I followed this forum exactly how it said to do it, and nothing's happening. I did get the Homebrew Channel, Gecko OS, and Riivolution to work, but the hacks that I've downloaded aren't working. (I've downloaded multiple, from multiple people, so it's not just one hack, or one person.)

I'm using 2 different SD cards: a 256 mb and a 512 mb. (I was informed that these sizes were fine for hacking.) My Wii System Menu is v. 4.3, but I assumed that that wasn't a problem. (If you need anymore info, just message me.)

Please, can anybody help?! I've been trying to get this to work for over a year, and everything I've tried has failed. I'm kinda starting to freak out here!

Hey, that problem happened to me... But, someone tell me that my SD card of 4GB was to big...
The perfect size is 2GB ... Oh.. I know, check this link ... maybe the page can help you.http://ssbbwifichat.forumotion.com/t116-how-to-hack-super-smash-bros-brawl

Hey, thanks. I looked the site over and found that it had some stuff that this forum didn't mention. I followed it and I'll try it out soon. If it doesn't work, then I'll try getting a 2gb sd card. If that still doesn't work, then idk, i guess I'll be back here, asking for more help. :)

Quote from: ShadowX on May 16, 2013, 10:13:36 PM
Hey, thanks. I looked the site over and found that it had some stuff that this forum didn't mention. I followed it and I'll try it out soon. If it doesn't work, then I'll try getting a 2gb sd card. If that still doesn't work, then idk, i guess I'll be back here, asking for more help. :)
oh and dont forget riivolution or gecko (with a GCT containing the cheat code: "file patch code")

I've never been too good with the codes and this forum, in my opinion, didn't really do a good job in explaining how to use them. Could you explain too me what exactly the File Patch Code is, and how I'm supposed to use it?

On another note, I tried what the website said. Here are the results:
              The 256 mb sd card: Froze my Wii whenever I tried Training Mode or a normal group Brawl. (I didn't try anything else.) I tried everything: Gecko OS; Riivolution; I changed the settings within both over and over again. With Gecko OS it did say that it found SD Codes, and applied them.
              The 512 mb sd card: Did nothing in Gecko OS (It said that it couldn't find any SD Codes, which doesn't make any sense because both sd cards are exactly the same. (Except for one empty folder on the root that I don't remember putting on there)). With Riivolution, the screen went black when I pressed Launch, and the Wii mote shut off.

I'm lost now. I don't know what else to do.

Quote from: ShadowX on May 17, 2013, 02:15:31 AM
I've never been too good with the codes and this forum, in my opinion, didn't really do a good job in explaining how to use them. Could you explain too me what exactly the File Patch Code is, and how I'm supposed to use it?

On another note, I tried what the website said. Here are the results:
             The 256 mb sd card: Froze my Wii whenever I tried Training Mode or a normal group Brawl. (I didn't try anything else.) I tried everything: Gecko OS; Riivolution; I changed the settings within both over and over again. With Gecko OS it did say that it found SD Codes, and applied them.
             The 512 mb sd card: Did nothing in Gecko OS (It said that it couldn't find any SD Codes, which doesn't make any sense because both sd cards are exactly the same. (Except for one empty folder on the root that I don't remember putting on there)). With Riivolution, the screen went black when I pressed Launch, and the Wii mote shut off.

I'm lost now. I don't know what else to do.
run this: http://www.mediafire.com/?medd4zzyzjn
on your computer
game ID = RSBE01
click new code blah blah
type "togmnongsogfdxgf" ((aka can be anything doesnt matter as long as it tells you what it is))

and press enter



click the thingy you typed on the left pannel



paste
E0000000 80008000
225664EC 00000000
0401BFE0 4858BE20
065A7E00 00000070
38A00067 38810020
3CE0805A 60E37C18
4BE52531 38A0007F
3883FFE8 38610020
4BE52521 38A00068
60E47C18 38610020
9421FF80 BC410008
38610088 4BA74DB9
7C7C1B78 2C030000
4082000C 38210080
4800001C B8410008
38210080 4BE524E5
38610008 4BA742E1
7C7C1B78 4BA741E8
040223E0 48585BC0
065A7FA0 00000028
80010044 3C608001
6063581C 7C001800
4082000C 7FDDC850
3BDEFFE0 93DB0008
4BA7A424 00000000
0401CD0C 4858B1F4
065A7F00 00000038
2C030000 4182000C
4BA7DD51 4BA74E04
80780008 2C030000
41820014 8118000C
7C634214 7C7B1850
48000008 8078000C
4BA74DE0 00000000
043EE9D8 48000014
043EEBD4 48000014
043D8B9C 48000018
043E9B4C 38600000
043E9D38 38600000
043D8C80 60000000
80000000 80406920
80000001 805A7C00
8A001001 00000000
045A7C10 2F525342
045A7C14 452F7066
80000001 805A7B00
8A001001 00000000
065A7B10 0000000F
2F525342 452F7066
2F736F75 6E642F00
041C6CE0 483E0D20
065A7A00 00000028
9421FF80 BC410008
3C60805A 60637B1F
4BE52931 B8410008
38210080 4BE52995
4BC1F2C4 00000000
065A7900 00000078
9421FF80 7C0802A6
9001000C BC810010
9421FF00 7C872378
54B2BA7E 7CD33378
38800000 9081000C
90810010 90610014
90810018 3880FFFF
9081001C 38610020
90610008 7CE43B78
38A00080 4BE529F5
38610008 4BA752A1
60000000 80210000
B8810010 8001000C
7C0803A6 80210000
4E800020 00000000
043E399C 481C3F04
065A78A0 00000010
80BC0020 7CA59214
3A400000 4BE3C0F4
043DBAEC 481CBDE4
065A78D0 00000018
800302A4 2C130000
41820008 7E609B78
3A600000 4BE3420C
041CDF7C 483D9884
065A7800 00000098
818C0014 9421FF80
BC410008 3D009034
61089D94 7C034000
4082003C 7C882378
3C60804D 60630000
3C80805A 60847B00
7CC53378 38C04200
80E40080 2C070000
40820014 60000000
480000B9 2C030000
41820010 B8410008
80210000 4BC26724
70A501FF 3868FFFF
3C80804C 6084FFFF
7C842A14 38A04001
38A5FFFF 8C040001
9C030001 2C050000
4082FFF0 B8410008
80210000 4BC2670C
141CCF90 483DA770
065A7700 00000048
9421FF80 BC410008
7FE3FB78 3C80805A
60847B00 38A00000
38C04000 480001E5
90640080 807F0008
907A0014 907A005C
907A0074 B8410008
80210000 807F0000
4BC25854 00000000
E0000000 80008000


into it


click export,, pick your SD drive

Does anybody know of a code that stops Wario from crawling?  I am thinking like the Diddy No-Crawl code.

Quote from: chaoswolf on May 17, 2013, 07:46:30 PM
Does anybody know of a code that stops Wario from crawling?  I am thinking like the Diddy No-Crawl code.
nope :3

Thanks. Does it go into the codes folder or just on the root?