Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Acrobatic Link: Updated 4/18/10. Early Beta Download Now Available  (Read 11738 times)
Vladislak
Expert Kitten

Grace is born in the technique of the mighty.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 09:57:57 PM »

Quite frankly I'm amazed at this thread. I've been trying to do the same basic things with Link myself for the past week or so.

Hence the "Altering up B momentum" and "Different momentum for different circumstances" threads I've posted so far in the PSA help subforum.

Obviously I don't mean to intrude upon your idea, so if you feel I am I'll do what I can to remove this post, but if you're curious as to what I've so far managed to accomplish, this is what I've done:

Editting Link's side smash to be like Toon Link's.
So the first hit just stuns while the second creates knockback) I did this because I thought having two swings wasn't as cool if it was practically impossible to hit a single opponent with only one at a time (since the first one naturally sends them too far away from Link for the second one to connect on a regular basis).

Altering Link's down air attack to make it a spike.
I found it kind of stupid that if Link stabbed down and hit someone in the air, they would go flying upwards. >_>
As it is it make be a bit too powerful (characters with crappy recovery are screwed if hit over a cliff), so I may tweak it a bit.

Changing Link's running speed and jumping height.
Again, this may need to be tweaked quite a bit, he currently runs faster than Toon Link (only a little though) and jumps a bit too high for him to be a balanced character.

Changing Link's Up-B.
I totally agree that Link's recovery as it normally is sucks. A lot. So I gave it a new animation (which I'm very proud of since I made it myself) and increased the upwards momentum of the move. This move is really the purpose of the threads in the help section.
As for what the animation and hitboxes are like, I made it something like Tempest Strike from the Tales Of series, only without the massive horizontal movement (think Kirby's aerial hammer move in Melee, where he spins it hitting all around him, that's what Link does with his sword in the animation I made).
I may have to tweak the hitboxes some more, it used to be that the move could kill most Bosses in one or two times of it being used because he hit almost every frame the sword was in contact with the boss (which wasn't a problem outside of bosses since knockback prevented it from hitting a billion times on anyone). I've tweaked that but it may need some more.
I'd also like to edit the move to allow the player to choose how much horizontal movement is gained via the analogue stick, but I'm still working on it (hence the threads).

That's as far as I've gotten, I'd provide Link's to the edited Link I made, but it's not exactly done so I'm not sure if anyone would want it at this point.
I've gotten somewhat sidetracked by the notion that putting ALTTP's Bombos medallion in the game may be possible (albeit excessively powerful).  Awesome Face
Of course I don't know how to actually put the medallion itself in the game, but I figured Link holding his hand up and fire sweeping the level would suffice. xD

If anyone is curious, these are the Link's to the threads I made. The second of which I still need help with.
Altering up B momentum
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7005.0
Different momentum for different circumstances
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=7059.0

Fools Requiem
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »

Shoot, I haven't even gotten to making new animations and whatnot.  I'm still trying to work with what I have thus far.

First of all, for the Side Smash, I'm actually trying to find two decent animations that would go together since I still want Link's side smash to have a double hit combo but I'm not going for a Larger version of Toon Link.  It is nice to know that someone was willing to go through the time to fix the bones in order to make Toon Link's moves work for Adult Link.

As for the Down Air, for me, it's either find a good replacement or just speed the one I have up.  I have no interest in making the move spike.  His current Neutral Air already kills in one hit if done right (I'll get to that).

I'd like to see what you've done with his Up B recovery attack.  I'm still trying to figure out how to remove his hold for the ground version completely.  As of now, he just goes into the T position while charging, and I don't want charging to be available.

I say keep up the work.  Two is better than one.  In the future we can see if we can maybe merge the two projects into one or just keep it as two projects.

Updates for my version-

Run speed and jump height has been improved as has the gravity influence.  Like Vlad, I still need to tweek so that it's not ridiculous.

Dash- Wolf's Dash.  Needs to be fixed.  Links legs don't follow the flip.  I'll probably change the move to a different one anyways.

Forward A- Link's third Neutral A attack. It's a straight thrust.  My plan is to make this the magic sword move.  The animation totally fits what Link did in the first LoZ.  Still can't figure out how to make a projectile shoot out of him during the move.  I had to slow increase the timer so one couldn't SPAM the [censored] out of the move.  Current Damage- 7

Down A- Link's Down Smash without the charge.  It's also quicker.  Close range damage- 10 total; damage at more of a distance- 14.  I'll probably need to learn how to edit hitboxes so that he can actually damage foes from behind.

Up A- ZSS' Up A. 11% Damage

Down Smash- Sheik's down smash.  13% damage uncharged.

Up Smash- Falco's Up smash. 14% damage uncharged.

Forward Smash 1- Peach's Tennis Racket swing.  15% uncharged.
Forward Smash 2- Unchanged from the original Link.  There is a very short delay between Smash 1 and 2.  I'll have to fix that.

Neutral B- Link shoots his bow quicker.  I still want to put elemental properties on the arrows though.

Up B Ground- Charge goes to T stance.  Still trying to figure that out.  Plan is to remove the charge.  16% Uncharged.  Move has fire element.

Up B Air- Besides the speed of the move and the added fire element, it's unchanged.

Up Air- Falco up Air. 11%

Forward and Back Air- Both ZSS.  I plan to change these as actually connecting with those attacks is difficult.

Down Air- Same attack, just quicker timers all around.  Damage depends.  I'm sure I decrease the damage to adjust for the quicker speed.

Neutral Air- Link's Up Air Special.  Move is a lot quicker now making it easier to hit multiple times.  I have no plan to decrease the damage.  8% for all but last hit.  Last hit gives out 20% and massive knockback.  Easy one hit kill from low damages.  I plan to decrease the knockback a bit so that it's not an early one hit kill.

I'll provide a DL in a day or two in the hopes to get some more input on what I should change.  So far beside the throws that I broke and the Up Special Charge, Link works pretty well and is a lot more fluid now.  I've still a long ways to go though.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:07:39 AM by Fools Requiem » Logged

Fools Requiem
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 12:26:32 AM »

Tomorrow, I'll upload a match between me as Link against a level 7 Toon Link.

Note: It's not going to be a video showing off mad skillz.  I screw up numerous times.  It'll be more of a showcase for the moveset.  The ending is pretty epic, though and it also show how overpowered my neutral A is.  Think of the video as a teaser trailer.

Vladislak
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »

Well, if you want the UP B animation I'd have no problem with you using it. The animation file itself is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ihtmkdiuyka
So you could just replace the UP B animation. You'd have to place the hitboxes yourself though, unless you want the unfinished version I have.

Anyway, as I said I'd have no problem with you using it for your project. I just want to see a well done Link.  Grin

Fools Requiem
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 05:11:24 PM »

OP updated.

Here's the video as promised.  You'll have to play it on your Wii since I don't have a capture card or video camera.  The video clocks in at between 5-10 minutes.

Well, if you want the UP B animation I'd have no problem with you using it. The animation file itself is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ihtmkdiuyka
So you could just replace the UP B animation. You'd have to place the hitboxes yourself though, unless you want the unfinished version I have.

Edit: The animation looks cool and works perfectly without making any changes to the FitLink.pac.  But it doesn't help in the recovery area though.  I probably won't use the attack.  Thanks though. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:30:44 PM by Fools Requiem » Logged

Vladislak
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

Edit: The animation looks cool and works perfectly without making any changes to the FitLink.pac.  But it doesn't help in the recovery area though.  I probably won't use the attack.  Thanks though. Smiley
Oh I forgot to mention that (all I gave you was the animation so that's why), regardless of whether you use the animation or not, using the "0E080400" event in PSA at the beginning of Link's up B move will change the recovery momentum, the first parameter in the "event" edits horizontal velocity and the second edits the vertical velocity.
Setting the second parameter to 1.3 seems to give it decent upwards velocity.

I just thought that may be useful in the future for your project if you didn't already know about it.

Fools Requiem
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »

Where do I put the event?  At the very top of Main or Other?

Vladislak
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2010, 10:56:17 PM »

Put it in Main.

I feel stupid for not mentioning that, as I had the same problem when someone first gave me that code. xD

Anyway, you can technically put it wherever you want in main, but obviously if you put it after a timer it will wait to change the momentum until after the timer is done.

Fools Requiem
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 07:09:29 PM »

Well for some reason, it didn't work for me... maybe I didn't put in the right parameters.  Whatever.

I've made some changes to the moves.  I've replaced the BAir attack to the Link's original and the FAir to Snake's NAir.  Both sped up a bit.  Link does a nice back flip when he does a heavy landing.  Not sure if it's any faster but it looks flashy.  I originally had Link do the flip for light landings too but I felt it was overdone.  The charge is now fulli back in Link's NSpecial since I couldn't figure out why Link kept going into the T stance and nobody was willing to help.

I've made the files available via Download.

FitLink.pac

FitLinkMotionEtc.pac

Tell me what you think.  Give me suggestions.

Edit: If somebody wouldn't mind making a movelist video for other people that would be very helpful as I do not have the materials needed.  I'd ask for pictures but there isn't really anything that a picture would be able to show anyone.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:25:19 PM by Fools Requiem » Logged

Pages:  1 [2]
Print
Jump to: