Question: New....
Day
Dawn
Swag
Forum
Boobies
New

Pages:  1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 540
Author Topic: Beyond? Oh, he moved out.  (Read 1997682 times)
Hollow
Kitty Corp's Personal Hollow
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4425 on: May 10, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »

I'd like to see Beyond try to make sonic into someone without porting.

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4426 on: May 10, 2011, 06:22:50 PM »

Starwaffle's Silver is basically flawless though Im srs here

its not perfect. the facial features and expressions could be better. his face is too much like sonic.

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4427 on: May 10, 2011, 06:31:12 PM »

Starwaffle's Silver had a weird color on it (not silvers original) those spikes are really dull, and, like Nanobuds said, the face is identical to sonic.

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #4428 on: May 10, 2011, 06:42:48 PM »

look at the comparison (in spoiler)

Kumari sai
    Mega Kitten

no love for the mau5

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4429 on: May 10, 2011, 06:46:07 PM »

off topic: has anyone else noticed that every time someone wants a vertex of sonic its usually a sonic character? -_-

on topic: vertex over ivysaur= more 4 legged characters ^_^

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4430 on: May 10, 2011, 07:03:51 PM »

Starwaffle's Silver had a weird color on it (not silvers original) those spikes are really dull, and, like Nanobuds said, the face is identical to sonic.
    look at the comparison (in spoiler)

There is only so many vertices you have to work with, and I am willing to be any attempt to texture on Silver's "Eyeliner" would result in stretched as hell textures.

If you want a proper Silver, port his model to 3DSMAX and learn to rig bones. DS22 has already rigged a Naruto model to Ike's bones.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4431 on: May 10, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

its not perfect. the facial features and expressions could be better. his face is too much like sonic.

...ALL hedgehog faces are like Sonic's. They aren't any different. ¦D

Yes, Shadow included, since he's just a recolored and slightly redesigned (Sonic Adventure) Super Sonic. XD

The only exception, ironically, is Amy, and that's just because she has a more feminine design.

Dark Aura
    Extreme Kitten

HIYA! Whachya watching?

• Awards Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4432 on: May 10, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »

Wow. I really feel bad for you sometimes, Beyond. All the off-topic discussion and drama I see here normally is excruciating.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4433 on: May 10, 2011, 07:38:34 PM »

Wow. I really feel bad for you sometimes, Beyond. All the off-topic discussion and drama I see here normally is excruciating.

Then stop posting. You aren't helping. ¦P

Here's an idea for a difficult (And probably impossible) Sonic vertex. A character lots of people thought WAS a Sonic character until they realized he was from Namco.

Klonoa. ¦D

Dio
    Extreme Kitten

I will go beyond the borders of humanity!

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4434 on: May 10, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

Reading the last three pages makes its kinda hard to think who i want to vote for....

Im thinking a few...
    I would like Wario to get some new verts. But I also think Donkey Kong could use a LOZ:TP Shadow Beast vertex...but I dont play him much...
    Uh...Maybe a Groudon vertex for Bowser?...then again i dont play bowser often either....ugh this is hard >:/

You know what fuq it, anything Beyond makes is gonna be nothing short of amazing anyway and im gonna just mindlessly DL because of his prestige as a brawl hacker....as I always do.   not impressed
    *votes for bowser*

StarWaffle
    Pretty much Wafflu
    srs kitten

Pretty much amazing

• Awards Star Hacker Featured Good Citizen Renowned Hacker

« Reply #4435 on: May 10, 2011, 11:16:56 PM »

There is only so many vertices you have to work with, and I am willing to be any attempt to texture on Silver's "Eyeliner" would result in stretched as hell textures.

If you want a proper Silver, port his model to 3DSMAX and learn to rig bones. DS22 has already rigged a Naruto model to Ike's bones.

he does have eyeliner in the download, someone sent it to me like 2 minutes after i released him so i updated the D/L and not the pictures.
    and Silvers a dumb character anyhow stop making a fuss over him.

Sonics a dumb character in general and no fun to play as he sucks, he dosnt need any vertex edits cuz no one uses him.   

Hey beyond, dont YOU use GaW er day?  i think i've made my point. GaW needs awsome stuffs.

_Data_Drain_
    Master of the Dark Matter
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards 2012 SSBB Tournament Runner-Up Fiery Topic Good Citizen Ceiling Cat

« Reply #4436 on: May 10, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »

Sonics a dumb character in general and no fun to play as he sucks, he dosnt need any vertex edits cuz no one uses him.
    Well... I wouldn't say that, he needs vertex hacks of things OTHER then other Sonic characters, and just because you don't like his move set, doesn't mean others have that same thought, there are Sonic players, and it also helps that SDo0m made a buffed Sonic as well...

So, if BY has any good ideas for Sonic, he should go for it.
    Though I voted for ROB. <_<
    « Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:54:50 PM by _Data_Drain_ » Logged

3DS FC: 1762-2823-8581

Wii-U ID: Data-Drain Mii Name: Jiro

SMM Stages: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Data-Drain

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4437 on: May 11, 2011, 12:08:56 AM »

he does have eyeliner in the download, someone sent it to me like 2 minutes after i released him so i updated the D/L and not the pictures.
    and Silvers a dumb character anyhow stop making a fuss over him.

Hey beyond, dont YOU use GaW er day?  i think i've made my point. GaW needs awsome stuffs.

Between the bad grammar and the childish banter...Yeah, I can't tell you enough how much respect you've just lost. I can't even take you seriously. >.>

Getting back on topic, it might be hard, but since Mickey got made on Mario, why not make Oswald on either Sonic or Luigi? Or maybe even Ness or something?
    « Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:09:51 AM by Keil Crimson » Logged

ToddL
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4438 on: May 11, 2011, 04:27:11 AM »

I don't mean to sound condescending, but I feel like no one actually read the poll question and is just posting things they want to see, instead.  I know it's to be expected, but it's still irritating.  Let me try to give you some more objective information:

All characters have at least one relatively high quality vertex hack.  Mr Game & Watch has by far gotten the least vertex attention, but in light of his inability to have detailed textures, this isn't surprising.  Wolf and ROB are right behind G&W, presumably because they have rather unorthodox shapes, and King Dedede is right behind them.

Mr G&W doesn't have a lot going for him.  You could do something like Mario or Luigi (from their Game and Watch appearance), but that's not really all that different or interesting.  What I think could be really fun idea is making 8-bit characters over him.  The first thing that comes to mind, obviously, is Mario.  I understand that there very little than can be done with the textures, but even a pure black silhouette of 8-bit Mario would probably be really cool to play as.

As for King Dedede, the first characters that come to mind are Big the Cat (whom I remember you hate), and Smithy (the final boss in the SNES game Super Mario RPG).  Big the Cat comes to mind because he's fat, acts goofy like Dedede, and has a long reach blunt weapon (fishing pole);  Smithy comes to mind because he has a large body and uses a hammer.  It's worth noting that Alfraye(sp) has expressed interest in vertexing Smithy over Dedede in the past.

For Wolf, I really don't know--his body shape and the way he holds himself seem pretty unique and just don't bring anyone else to mind.  You could consider Andrew Oikonny, who's another member of the Star Wolf team.   His body shape isn't actually so far off from StarWaffle's Tiger, so he might be possible to get looking nice.

In addition to all this, it's also worth knowing that Captain Falcon, Ike, Pit, Wario, and Wolf are the only characters left in the cast that have no quality vertexes or (for lack of a better word) interesting textures that are related to their source content (by "related to their source content" I mean how Daisy could have been an official alternate costume of Peach, or Shadow could have been of Sonic, but King K Rool couldn't have been for DeDeDe).

For Captain Falcon, you might consider Pico, Super Arrow, or The Might Gazelle.
    For Ike, I suggest Hector.  It would be really fun to play Ike's heavy swinging moveset with a two handed axe character, in my opinion Tongue
    For Pit, I have no idea.  I looked through all the character from his franchise and none of them even slightly resemble him.
    For Wario, I suggest Dribble (he's the bull dog) (you can't tell me it wouldn't be fun to chew on people as a bull dog with Wario's neutral special Tongue).  Booster (from Super Mario RPG) would also work quite well, but he's already being worked on ShadowSnake.  Not sure how detailed of a job he's planning on doing.
    For Wolf, I suggest Andrew Oikonny, as I mentioned above.

Also, I know you know this, but Sonic's already gotten sooo much attention.  Knuckles would be really cool, but I think it would be inappropriate to prioritize Sonic when he's already gotten so much love and will probably continue to by other people.

Anyway, I hope my 2 cents helped.  Do what ever you want to do and make sure to have fun with it Smiley
    Your a great vertex artist--I'm sure whatever you decide to make will come out cool.

Gigan X3
    Mega Kitten

I'M STILL WAITING FOR BRAWL MASQUERADE!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4439 on: May 11, 2011, 04:32:50 AM »

Mr. toddtj...I give you thumbs up for such a nicely done post, I agree with everything you said, Bravo!

Pages:  1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 540
    Print
    Jump to: