Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I want to start vertexing but I'm totally confused by Mariokart64N's method  (Read 2135 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 14, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »

I want to try to get into vertex hacking so I was hoping someone could explain Mariokart64N's method to me a little more clearly than his video tutorials did because I'm very confused by them. I would like to learn how to vertex well so I can contribute to the Brawl hacking community. I think I kind of get it up to the point where you finish actually vertexing the model (I get completely lost with the whole patching/morphing/whatever thing that makes it actually work in game). If you can tell me how you do it from the beginning (just to make sure I'm doing everything right) I would be very thankful.

Is it possible to start with an already edited model? I have an idea for Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts 2) that I will need to start with the hatless link that Gamewatching made. I want to try to vertex his actual hair longer instead of just trying to make his hat look like hair. Also, I noticed that BeyondYou was able to make a one-slot Viewtiful Joe be smaller, so how would you go about making just the Xemnas vertex bigger without affecting Link's other outfits?

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 02:36:46 PM »

MK has said himself that his 12 part tutorial is dated. He has made a new video explaining more updated methods without patching:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYXeXMmzlsk</a>

I also recommend reading Vishkugetas written tutorial found on the OP of MKs thread in the spoilers. It's very clear and explains the method well.

In response to your questions, YES you can edit an already edited model. But you can't edit models that have HEXED out polygons.

My one-slot Viewtiful Joe was done through animation editing, basically giving C Falcon a new/renamed bone and scaling it in every animation. You would have to fix stuff like bone translations and rotations if you choose to do this method for resizing.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:57:02 PM »

Thanks very much. How exactly do you edit an already edited model? Last time I tried (with the old method) it just made a text document. Do I run that as a script?

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »

Thanks very much. How exactly do you edit an already edited model? Last time I tried (with the old method) it just made a text document. Do I run that as a script?

If you got a "log.txt" there was something wrong with the .brres file, so it had to stop converting the model. Try exporting the .brres from a .pac file and then converting, if that doesn't work you could try transferring the hair vertex to an unedited Link .mdl0 and convert that.

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 09:16:34 PM »

Okay, I'm still confused. I read the text version and it all made sense until the end again. I actually got something different in Brawl Box but it didn't look the same as it did in 3DS Max. I know I'm supposed to double patch it, but I still get really lost in doing that part.

I'm starting to get really frustrated and depressed about all this. I've tried Mariokart's method (the new and the old), tried following the written tutorial, tried the new Das Donkey 2 method, and nothing works at all for me. I can get it okay up to the point where I have to double patch it I think but no matter what I do, I always seem to screw things up. I see everyone else making these great vertex hacks and feel kind of bad that I just can't understand it no matter how hard I try.
    « Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:06:24 AM by Aafyre » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: