Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Merging 2 PSAs together  (Read 2100 times)
DocStrange
Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 19, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »

Since the PSA specific help thread seems pretty ignored, I'm moving this here...

To begin, I know my way around Brawl Box pretty well but no nothing of PSA. I have the program, but it's all giberish to me at this point.

What I would like to do is combine the sword drawing/sheathing aspects of this Ganondorf PSA (http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9322162&postcount=1150) with the Brawl+ Ganon PSA. I'd also like to remove the free fall from Flame Choke so it just works like, say, Sonic's Spring Jump.

If you'd like to do this for me, that would be great, but I'd really like a detailed description of how to do it so I could get my feet wetwith PSA and start finding my way around it. Either way would be extremely appreciated!

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »

Either you can change the hitboxes and stuff on Eldiran's Sword Ganon or you can let B+ Ganon draw out the sword.

Eldiran made it so the down taunt creates the article or deletes it. Also, he used a variable (I think) to detect whether the sword is drawn or not to determine whether or not to use the sword version of the move or the normal version.

To attach the sword to Ganon's hand permanently, go to the root for Ganon's sword in a hex editor and go to the offset 8 more than the root. That'll be the bone that the article is attached to. Just change it to Ganon's hand bone.

Or you can look in an unedited PAC and go to 0x00021CD3 and find where that is in the edited B+ PAC.

You might have to look at Eldiran's Sword Ganon code in PSA to find out more about the specifics, but I think that's the general idea.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »

Thanks so much, the part about how to attach it was where I was really stuck. As it was it was nestled blade first in a very... awkward place. Once I do the hex junk, if I just copy over the variables from Eldiran's that should be all that needs to be done, right?

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »

I think so... you might have to copy over the subactions that he used, too, because he decreased range and stuff like that. Check his post for other things he changed.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »

OK, I'm really lost on the hexing part. I'm using HxD and there is no 21CD3 in either the B+ pac or Eldiran's. Also, I suck at hexing Cheesy

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 04:21:25 PM »

OK, I'm really lost on the hexing part. I'm using HxD and there is no 21CD3 in either the B+ pac or Eldiran's. Also, I suck at hexing Cheesy

Are you searching for 21CD3 using the Search function?

Just scroll down until the numbers on the left are 00021CD0, and the fourth set of two numbers in that row should be 00.

Here's some pictures to demonstrate.

The first one is unedited, the second one is edited.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 08:43:28 AM »

That's great, thank you! So do I change that to 41, or was that just for an example?
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:47:56 AM by DocStrange » Logged

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 08:45:34 AM »

Yeah, change it to 41.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 08:48:06 AM »

OK, I fixed it up and I'll try it out soon, thanks sooooo much for all of your help, you're an awesome person for putting up with a noob like me  Awesome Face

EDIT: Well that was a coal failure  For some reason now when Ganon does his taunt the sword floats out way to his left and then doesn't even stay out. Also, he t-stances when he does his fsmash, but I'm sure that's entirely due to me sucking, I think I'm just going to try to copy the B+ changes into the other pac this time.

Is there any way to have two pacs open in PSA at the same time? Maybe and update I'm missing?
    « Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 08:57:09 AM by DocStrange » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: