SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!

Started by SiLeNtDo0m, October 12, 2010, 05:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI

Delicious like a chimichanga
7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ
9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?!
3 (6.4%)
[spoiler]
13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ
7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta?
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 47


Quote from: mariofan1138 on October 01, 2011, 07:31:10 PM
Well, I agree with everyone else. The current wait1 should be a wait2 or 3. I don't know what other ideas you have for his waits, but based on his personality from what you've said (I know nothing about DBZ), maybe he could crack his neck, twisting it right and left with each hand. It'd kinda give him more of the aggressive side to him, to contrast his looser, lazy side.
As well, his down arial attack flattens out a bit much when he hits a character. I'd make it less so (still cartoony, but slightly more realistic).


really?  down aerial was one of my favorite attacks, its so different and comical.  and yey test buiild.

Quote from: SiLeNtDo0m on October 01, 2011, 08:39:12 PM
Readying the test build.  So playtesters get ready XD
I am ready :srs:
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Message sent.  Now GO MY TESTERS!!  

However, there is one thing missing.  On the Side B on the ground, he needs a foot graphic to stick out the ground.  However, Beyond didn't finish it.  I thought I'd send the test build off anyway.  It looks a bit odd yes, but this build is mainly for balance testing rather than presentational testing.

testing now! >:)
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I will start testing tomorrow and bring feedback Monday.
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Just saw the preview vid for Kid Buu, alot of the animations look pretty sweet. I was expecting his walks and running to be sorta like floating like Mewtwo or something but its fine. The slow and medium walk seem a bit weird, but the fast walk was good, and the running is PERFECT imo :D it suits him well, and the dash attack is my favorite out of all the attacks.

I see lots of comboing opportunities in the vid as well, have you ever tried fighting against him yet? It seems like fighting him sure would be a challenge...lol can't wait for the beta though


AAA combo - Good overall. The beginning of the first jab doesnt start from his wait1

F Tilt - Nicely done. I don't really like how he goes back a step or two. looks weird if trying to combo into something

U Tilt - Hand shrinks really small and looks very weird at the end

D Tilt - Ending lag seems a bit too slow, but i like the flow of it.

Dash Attack - Nothing wrong with this. Really good

F Smash - Damage comes a bit late on the second kick.

U Smash - Charge animation looks weird. I think it does too much damage.

D Smash - Very, very interesting. I love that you can jump pout of it. Really cool doing the d-smash into side-b. :D

N Air - Looks awkward that he spins around. especially because he spins very fast, so when he faces down in the opposite direction, it seems like its messed up

F Air - Fine in my opinion

B Air -Fine

U Air -Landing lag needs to be a little bit more in my opinion

D Air -Should have the pitfall effect if hit on ground from a high distance. really good though

Neutral B: LOVE the lighting on Buu! looks really epic.

Side B: My FAVORITE move! I love every part about it! only animation thing tho, is that the end doesnt go to his wait

Up B: I think it would be better if he could do a attacks in the air

Down B: I dont really like this move. He should do a thing like Marth or Ike. I have never played DBZ games as kid buu or seen him in the anime, but it would be better if he teleports that way if he would get hit.

Waits: Smoothly Animated

Up taunt: Goes on a bit too long imo

Down Taunt: Funny and a good idea

Side taunt: should transition into his wait.

Cancel System: Really cool. good idea :)

Overall, really nice. I dont like DBZ that much, but im keeping Kid Buu. Nicely done, and thank you for letting me beta test.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is what I PM'd you back for the Feedback:
Feedback:
The Up-B Needs a different flag(Pink).
He needs slightly faster running since he is suppose to fast.
He needs more stretchy moves. I assume you'll input that for the throws.
Several moves still have the aura flag.
When you are just starting N-B and you are grabbed the N-B graphic is attached to his hand.
Maybe N-B could get bigger if you hold it for an extra second.
But make it so it grows gradually, not just 1 size and then instantly grow to another if you get what I'm trying to explain.

*Sigh*

Guys, I specifically said avoid giving me presentational feedback and give me BALANCE feedback.  That's the whole reason I did this test stage for.  I wasn't expecting feedback this early, that just goes to prove you haven't done proper balance feedback.  Sorry to sound like a [censored], but that's just how I want things to be done.

what is the difference? i honestly dont know.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

he means he wants to know if the % he gives is alright, if he is not overpowered

or something like that
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?


Quote from: SilverBrawler on October 01, 2011, 10:29:32 PM
what is the difference? i honestly dont know.

Presentational feedback is when you give feedback on how stuff looks.  Aesthetics of the move, how smoothly stuff flows and how it looks visually.  Furthermore, critiquing stuff like attack elements and hitbox flags are all down to the presentation of the hack.  These kinds of things also tend to be more opinionated than others.  Not to mention, that some presentational tweaks actually affect balance in a somewhat negative way, and as a result could end up affecting how it plays (which fundamentally is MUCH MUCH more important).  

For example, let's take SmashClash's comment of more stretchy moves.  This would automatically mean his attacks would have more reach.  However, to compensate for this; one (quite obviously) would need to decrease stuff like the speed, damage, trajectory or knockback of the attack, which as a result would have a major effect on the way he's played.  He'd become less of a head on fast paced fighter (which was my full intention and suits Kid Buu's aggressive nature), and more of a long reach keepaway character, which doesn't really suit Kid Buu at all.


Balance feedback would have to do with diagnosing damage values and the general utility of moves.  Does each move have its specific use, especially when utilized with the Cancel System?  Does he have an appropriate amount of strengths and weaknesses?  This kind of feedback takes longer to properly diagnose.  Something that may seem very strong at first, may have very exploitable flaws later on.  Look at Pit in vBrawl for example.  In the beginning, people thought Pit would be one of the god tier characters.  Same with Wolf.  Yet both are stuck in middle tier.  

This moveset is designed to be a very intricate one.  With the right level of execution, you should be able to pull of some great combos, cross-ups and other advanced moves.  This is the reason why I've kept his general damage output pretty low.  None of his normals (barring his D Air and full AAA combo) do particularly exceptional damage at all, and his Smashes overall are some of the lowest damaging Smashes in the game (14, 13 and 10% uncharged to F Smash, U Smash and D Smash respectively).  I've given him the kind of landing lag that a heavyweight character would have, and I've increased the ability to DI out of his attacks, meaning not only does your execution have to be good, but also you have to be smart and predict your opponent's DI.

These kind of things are what are more important in the long term.  Finding a nitpick on an animation or htibox flag is comparatively much less useful feedback wise to finding a fundamental flaw in the balance of the moveset.

oh, okay. thanks. I will make a review thing the way u want me to later. now I understand. thanks again for explaining.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.