Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Friggin Triple Patches  (Read 1843 times)
JBG
Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 17, 2010, 08:37:33 PM »

Okay, I've been getting some seriously mixed replies to my questions about triple patching, and unfortunately, a lot of my hacks need it to be finished.

I asked DrPanda, and he told me that all it is is just double patching the model over and over.

I read BigSharkZ's tutorial, and I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Could someone maybe makie a tutorial, PREFFERABLY WITH PICTURES? Pictures are a big help, I think we can all agree on that, so it would be nice if we could get a nice detailed guide with screenshots of what we're supposed to click or where we're supposed to look.

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 08:47:11 PM »

Just like this says about double patching.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13061.0

If the first and 2nd patch don't work, then you have to keep patching until it hopefully works. People have had to patch things 16-30 times before. Some things like Marth's sword handle should be vertexed the old way.

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:26 PM »

Just like this says about double patching.
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=13061.0

If the first and 2nd patch don't work, then you have to keep patching until it hopefully works. People have had to patch things 16-30 times before. Some things like Marth's sword handle should be vertexed the old way.

Is there an estimate for Peach's hair?

✿Zelia✿
    ✿Lady of Ballads✿
    Angel Kitten

"My Heart is Singing!"

• Awards Heart Container Ceiling Cat Fiery Topic Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:34 AM »

You could ask somebody if they did something to peach's heir that could help.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »

I had a play about with Peach's hair and although I couldn't get it perfect, I got pretty close.

First I double patched it until I got as close as I could to what I wanted it to be (I think it was eight times?)
    Then did the triple patch (the exporting the new vert set etc.) then double patched it a few more times until it looked close again...
    I suppose you could try repeating this over and over and see what you get, I just got fed up Tongue

I also tried continually morphing to the new vert sets like you said. I found that it works for a few tries but then just keeps repeating the same shape.

This would be very helpful if someone who knows how to do this, could make a better, working tutorial...
    BSZ said at the start of his tutorial that Starwaffle knows how it works, maybe we could ask him?

Oh, And I wouldn't advice following the guide BSZ made... I followed that as accurately as I could for about an hour and all it did was shoot the vertices further off into the distance Sad

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 05:24:56 PM »

Oh, And I wouldn't advice following the guide BSZ made... I followed that as accurately as I could for about an hour and all it did was shoot the vertices further off into the distance Sad

Got that issue myself when I was working on Metal Sonic (which was killed due to this issue).

So I guess I just double patch over and over. okay I guess...

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 06:36:31 PM »

Eh, I'm gonna keep trying different things... Who knows, might stumble upon something Grin

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: