Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview

Started by Weyard, December 13, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??

It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.
Quote from: xZedkiel on July 30, 2011, 01:44:14 PM
Exactly lol and he came to you though I offered? D: He really doesn't like me then.. Jk lol
He loves me..
Wait.. !! D:

Weyard, looks nice but like 404 said. The arm cannon is a bit square, though using Blender for this is hard enough xD

No I use 3dsMax. I've never even touched Blender so I don't know where you heard that lol.

Her shoulders are just a mess to begin with. It would be nearly impossible make them dome shaped as they are in Other M. So this is about as good as I could do without completely getting rid of the top part. Which I might do if I ever update this.

As I sloped the sides of it, the top jutted through the sides. I constantly had to go back and move vertices around as I shaped different parts of it.
I probably put 5+ hours into the shoulders alone.

The Cannon is square because it is almost completely made out of the part that was square on the original model. I took it every element off of it, stretched the base of the gun out, then reassembled everything.
I rounded the edges a bit but since it's vertices are in a square formation there there's no way to give it a round shape. Bringing the vertices closer would just make the square of it smaller.

I agree with 404LNFS accept for the amazing part. It still looks like it needs a lot of work., mostly because it looks incredibly blocky in the screenshots, and the texture doesn't exactly look too good either.

Plus, Samus's suit has a much duller shine in Other M.

Is it possible to add the metal part right under the shoulders? The little metal thing that closes that gap o.o