Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 956 957 958 [959] 960 961 962 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3887353 times)
pikazz
Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14370 on: May 07, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »

bj96? do you need help by looking into the animation in REFF files? cause I am currently doing that
    Hey BJ, just had an idea for a suggestion. Would it be possible to create a location/orientation/size marker for external GFX which works like the offensive collision hitboxes?
    It really just occurred to me that at the moment we're still guessing where GFX locations relative to bones are located. It really would take the guesswork out of finding the origin of the EGFX we're putting together, and it really doesn't matter if we can see the effect or not because if we're using it we should know what it is.
    do it like in carrara, its like small boxes that representing the particles

Stupid Tinypic :C

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14371 on: May 07, 2013, 05:52:51 PM »

Hey BJ, just had an idea for a suggestion. Would it be possible to create a location/orientation/size marker for external GFX which works like the offensive collision hitboxes?
    It really just occurred to me that at the moment we're still guessing where GFX locations relative to bones are located. It really would take the guesswork out of finding the origin of the EGFX we're putting together, and it really doesn't matter if we can see the effect or not because if we're using it we should know what it is.

I just finished the rebuilder. And animations aren't fully understood yet.
    Once the animations are figured out, I'll try coding a previewer. A full previewer. ALL OR NOTHING

I guess my main concern is if you wanted to merge certain vertex hacks together.  Hex editing would be quicker in that situation.

But I guess that can be left up to v0.67b if hex editing vertices is obsolete now.

If you want... I could probably code a vertex set merger that lets you select which vertex positions you want from multiple sets at once.

bj96? do you need help by looking into the animation in REFF files? cause I am currently doing that

I think I've got it *mostly* figured out, but yeah you can help me out.

Blazingflare
    Mega Kitten

Beep Beep Beep Boop

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14372 on: May 07, 2013, 08:12:19 PM »

I found a bug with the screenshot tool. When you save the image with a transparent background, all textures that use transparency will have the Harry Potter Effect in the image.

I would also like to point out that the screenshot tool is buggy in general (ex: saving the image as a black box, only capturing some of the polygons instead of all of them ect.).

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14373 on: May 07, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »

I found a bug with the screenshot tool. When you save the image with a transparent background, all textures that use transparency will have the Harry Potter Effect in the image.

There's a lot of stuff in the model viewer that doesn't display perfectly, such as the white behind those eyes.
    I'll only allow you to expect it to display perfectly when shaders are supported sir.

I would also like to point out that the screenshot tool is buggy in general (ex: saving the image as a black box, only capturing some of the polygons instead of all of them ect.).

First part is a problem with OpenTK and the second part sounds like a failure on your part lol, there's no way it would only capture some of the objects. It's all or nothing.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14374 on: May 07, 2013, 08:52:10 PM »

There's a lot of stuff in the model viewer that doesn't display perfectly, such as the white behind those eyes.
    I'll only allow you to expect it to display perfectly when shaders are supported sir.
    *TEVs

and I'll DL that update now. =)
    I'll let you know of any bugs that havn't been found yet Wink

also...
    when viewing the ASM of a DOL/REL:
    - it would be nice to be able to save the ASM as a (working) txt/asm file
    - is the ASM displayed in Wii or PPC format??
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 08:53:22 PM by DarkPika » Logged

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14375 on: May 07, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »

*TEVs

Gives relevant results:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=glsl+shaders

Gives no relevant results:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=glsl+tevs

Will you ever just call them shaders? Because that's what they are.
    TEV is the abbreviation of the name of the engine that the Wii's GPU uses to run the shaders.
    The Xbox and Playstation use a different engine than the Wii and Gamecube, for example.

when viewing the ASM of a DOL/REL:
    - it would be nice to be able to save the ASM as a (working) txt/asm file

I'm not even done coding that stuff Im srs here

- is the ASM displayed in Wii or PPC format??

lolwat
    So what's the difference?

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14376 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:10 AM »

in v0.65b Beta(i think it was or was it V0.65 or v0.65B) i know Mario bros´s eyes show perfect but not in other versions
    so maybe you can use some codes from there to atleast fix mario bros´s eyes in brawlbox
    using V0.65b Beta for making CSP to mario bros cuz of that

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14377 on: May 08, 2013, 07:46:53 AM »

Gives relevant results:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=glsl+shaders

Gives no relevant results:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=glsl+tevs

Will you ever just call them shaders? Because that's what they are.
    TEV is the abbreviation of the name of the engine that the Wii's GPU uses to run the shaders.
    The Xbox and Playstation use a different engine than the Wii and Gamecube, for example.
    no I will not, because they are not.
    "TEV" stands for "Texture Environment" which is supported by GL.

your search for TEVs on google included "GLSL" which is unknown to the wii.
    that is because the "Shader Language" doesn't exist in Nintendo's SDK.
    the SDK uses GL's older support for TEVs (or anything else for the matter)...

I mean...
    GX is a complete rewrite of GL (I think 1.3 (2x otherwize)) with added support for vertex attributes, among a few other things...

I'm not even done coding that stuff Im srs here

lol, I'm impatient XDD

lolwat
    So what's the difference?

the wii's GPU uses a different ASM compaired to the ASM used by the CPU's in our everyday compys.

luckilly the wii is IBM/RISC, so most of the ASM instructions match...
    but the memory handling instructions for the registers is what's different...

actually, if I must state...
    thare are over 50 variations of ASM languages...
    but I think most of those I read about are Dino languages dating back to the Pentium III Tongue
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:57:02 AM by DarkPika » Logged

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14378 on: May 08, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »

One of these days for fun, I'm going to sit down, research the [censored] out of this topic, and argue with you until one of us runs out of evidence and begins to blatantly attempt to use their own opinions as evidence.

And BB displays ASM in the most obscure format available.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14379 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »

One of these days for fun, I'm going to sit down, research the [censored] out of this topic, and argue with you until one of us runs out of evidence and begins to blatantly attempt to use their own opinions as evidence.
    as long as the knowledge is abundant and alot is learned in the aftermath
    Yukimora: I greatfully accept!

lol, that would be fun =D

And BB displays ASM in the most obscure format available.

I just want to know if the ASM commands are Gecko/Broadway or Intel/AMD??
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:26:19 AM by DarkPika » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14380 on: May 08, 2013, 08:33:51 AM »

as long as the knowledge is abundant and alot is learned in the aftermath
    Yukimora: I greatfully accept!

lol, that would be fun =D

I just want to know if the ASM commands are Gecko/Broadway or Intel/AMD??

Lol indeed
    I don't know how to display it in any other way, so idrk. Probably the second one?

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14381 on: May 08, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

Lol indeed
    I don't know how to display it in any other way, so idrk. Probably the second one?
    just re-read my broadway documentation and noticed some parts I seem to have overlooked >.>

apparently the broadway uses all of the PPC instruction set along with some extra instructions designed specifically for the broadway GPU.

I'll have to read up on this a little more to verify my position... Tongue

if your src is from Dant's viewer, then I assume you're already using the Broadway ops.

also...
    here's a few notes for ya to overlook:
    (and another reason I'm not calling them shaders) Tongue

in GL, SL is used to operate the "2nd CPU" or GPU with the data you supply.
    so basically, I'm saying a "normal" compy uses at least 2 "CPU"s to run games.
    a "shader" is a src code that's compiled during the GPU's runtime and executed.

for the wii, the CPU is the GPU.
    no language is needed to operate a seperate CPU so thus, the shaders aren't needed.

in GX, the TEV's use the GPU to do the same stuff shaders do.
    but in GL, they use the CPU.

the reason for shaders is because of all the BG processing done by the CPU during a games runtime which slow the game down.
    TEV's in GL are now unnecessary due to the GPU actually becomming a 2nd CPU.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14382 on: May 08, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »

if your src is from Dant's viewer, then I assume you're already using the Broadway ops.

*PhantomWings

namq
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14383 on: May 08, 2013, 04:48:53 PM »

Ikaros, I am not rushing it, but when it gets released, I am returning to smash moveset editing

And with BB0.68b, I will do some vertex minor stuff to learn new stuff about models.

I have people asking for videos to learn how to PSA, but I just give them wves of texts as of me not owning the greatest pc or internet upload being less than 1mb.

But a new moveset tool will motivate me to come back to my favorite hobby :-)

I did psa research for almost 3 years, I am kinda knowledged of 90% of all possibilities on a moveset based on a smash character, not recreate a character from another game, but yeah, I have stated something relevant about this post probably a year ago, so no biggy :-)

BJ, I am honored to still have you around helping the smash community as of, last time I heard you were leaving to start halo hacking/modding, etc

Hope I can hear from Ikaros soon enough, but if it gets released on year 2014, I am ok with it.  This modding vacations really helped me distract my mind away haha.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14384 on: May 08, 2013, 05:00:14 PM »

*PhantomWings
    either works I guess...
    I've built Dant's src so that's why I said him Tongue

also...
    will you PLEASE reply to one of my PMs Im srs here
    at least let me know if progress is being made on the issue not impressed
    « Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:01:32 PM by DarkPika » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 956 957 958 [959] 960 961 962 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: