Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Spex130 on May 31, 2013, 03:57:58 PM
Found another bug, BJ.

So, what actually happens is: First off, when you press the insert button to add frames, the model doesn't update in real time like it usually does. And when this happens, sometimes pressing the "1 frame back" button will bring you to the first frame instead. But the worst thing about it is that sometimes adding frames will add a frame in the spot you specified and delete the last frame in the animation at the same time.

Odd.
Oh yeah, the Insert button didn't seem to work for me any more.

Or you could hack the source yourself...
Or maybe you can't. I don't know if the Google Code is updated to 0.68c whichever subrelease, but maybe you can hack the source and merge the changes and bug the author to include it instead of making him do it himself. I don't know any C# myself.

Is there a forum on Ikarus news? Forgive me if I'm out of date or behind on current events or w/e...

Also, BJ, I'd be willing to donate a bit if I could get some more information on Ikarus first.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

June 01, 2013, 03:13:37 AM #14643 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:18:29 AM by BlackJax-sama
I fixed the Insert Frame bug.
Not sure about the MSBin bug though

Quote from: Kagemaru on June 01, 2013, 03:03:50 AM
Is there a forum on Ikarus news? Forgive me if I'm out of date or behind on current events or w/e...

Also, BJ, I'd be willing to donate a bit if I could get some more information on Ikarus first.

You just blatantly slapped me in the face with a great idea.
(this is a good thing)

hmm.. i wonder if u'll be able to like do a thing like the CSS organizer program.. but do alot more than just that, and make it do SSS also (or the hub if possible).. that would be nice o.o
https://privateladyescorts.com - Free Local Dating - No Selfie - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Video Chat Private Lady

Hey, BlackJax! Can you make a bone attachment control in the model previewer? cuz i would like to do it, also i cannot vertex anything else than brawl's original models :(

Is BJ using Visual Studio 2012 now? I can't open the projects with 2010 anymore.
I'm installing 2012 as we speak, so hopefully that'll fix it.

June 01, 2013, 04:48:56 PM #14647 Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:29:10 PM by BlackJax-sama
Quote from: libertyernie on June 01, 2013, 04:16:06 PM
Is BJ using Visual Studio 2012 now? I can't open the projects with 2010 anymore.
I'm installing 2012 as we speak, so hopefully that'll fix it.

Yeah

June 02, 2013, 03:36:49 AM #14648 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 03:54:43 AM by jimbo1qaz
OK the newest version works with some untextured models but possibly not all.
And works as in "not crashes", not as in "looks correct".  :-\
This file imports without a crash: asdf.dae, despite having multiple instance_geometry-ies.
I'm working on a XML hack to node-ify all GeometryInstances. Will it help? (because the program doesn't crash with untextured models but does crash with textures)
As in a script.

@jimbo1qaz: You can export from sketchup as a dae, import that into blender, export that as an fbx, import that into 3DS max, and export it as a dae that will import just fine in brawlbox. But the process is long and annoying, so I'd be interested if you could get it to be less painful.

FC: 2191-7379-6272

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 02, 2013, 03:36:49 AM
OK the newest version works with some untextured models but possibly not all.
And works as in "not crashes", not as in "looks correct".  :-\
This file imports without a crash: asdf.dae, despite having multiple instance_geometry-ies.
I'm working on a XML hack to node-ify all GeometryInstances. Will it help? (because the program doesn't crash with untextured models but does crash with textures)

That *should* work.

I'll continue working on trying to get your sketchup tests to import as well (although it's not my #1 priority right now).

June 02, 2013, 05:02:56 AM #14651 Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:44:57 PM by jimbo1qaz
Yeah the zip is broken (again). It has the wrong textures for skp8.
I fixed skp8 but removed skpMake, as I assume they're somewhere near identical. It'll also be easier to maintain this way.
http://bayfiles.net/file/QE9t/pqdsaH/Sketchup8test.zip
It also includes a sample four-square file (asdf.dae) and the output of my (alpha) script (asdf2.dae).
If I have to reupload this one more time...

Link: daeFixer needs Python 3.x to run. Drag a file onto the script or pass in a (relative or absolute) path, and it will (hopefully) produce a file with an "extension" of .output.dae (assuming it doesn't overwrite your entire hard drive). It will screw up if the complete filename (with extension) is three or less characters.

Edit: Textures no longer crash...

Edit2: I'm thinking of packing a future version of the script into an exe file, along with an installation of Python. Will it be any use to BrawlBox?

Edit3: Does BB support command-line arguments?



Do note that currently there is no audio and I'm temporarily using the image control to load the THP as an image source, so it doesn't play automatically yet.

@BJ: still cool though ;D

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: jimbo1qaz on June 02, 2013, 05:02:56 AM
Yeah the zip is broken (again). It has the wrong textures for skp8.
I fixed skp8 but removed skpMake, as I assume they're somewhere near identical. It'll also be easier to maintain this way.
http://bayfiles.net/file/QE9t/pqdsaH/Sketchup8test.zip
It also includes a sample four-square file (asdf.dae) and the output of my (alpha) script (asdf2.dae).
If I have to reupload this one more time...

Link: daeFixer needs Python 3.x to run. Drag a file onto the script or pass in a (relative or absolute) path, and it will (hopefully) produce a file with an "extension" of .output.dae (assuming it doesn't overwrite your entire hard drive). It will screw up if the complete filename (with extension) is three or less characters.

Edit: Textures no longer crash...

Edit2: I'm thinking of packing a future version of the script into an exe file, along with an installation of Python. Will it be any use to BrawlBox?

Edit3: Does BB support command-line arguments?

I don't know man, it sounds like you're getting pretty into it. Your script won't be any use to Brawlbox, no, but it might be useful to people using it who also use Sketchup.

But really. Why not use 3ds Max or Maya?

Do people actually use BrawlCmd anymore? Did they ever use it in the first place?

Quote from: DarkPika on June 02, 2013, 10:15:50 PM
@BJ: still cool though ;D

Just wait until it has a play button and audio, just like the audio playback control :O
Then I can get to coding a THP encoder.