Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 05:59:18 PMvertexs is wifi Friendly(if not bone renamed) import i dont think will be Wifi Friendly even with same boneset as a brawl char. and there is many ppl who use only vertexs and play at tourneys
my method of model importing should be wifi friendly...

it supports the bone-names of both the main char and the imported model...

so the model will have a somewhat different affect towards animation,
but will still be chained to the original char's physics :)

believe me, I've thought it through many times... >_>
all it needs is to be tested <_<

EDIT:
Melee is my beef >:3
I'm implementing an animation importer/converter into my model converter for formats like X or DAE which include internal animations

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Carnage on October 11, 2011, 06:02:31 PMactually it will be wifisafe since the wifi problems are renamed bones since this makes the model get a brawl character boneset then it shouldnt desync wifi Also just a quick question this brawl box wont be able to rip animations from other games? like SSBM or something like that would it? Its just model import right?(wich is amazing BTW xD)
i was thinking on all the other think like a model import dont get same texture map as a brawl char. so that can maybe also desync

btw i also got a questing will it be possible to vertex with brawlbox(mainly for ppl who can´t get blender to work or 3ds max)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 06:05:57 PMi was thinking on all the other think like a model import dont get same texture map as a brawl char. so that can maybe also desync btw i also got a questing will it be possible to vertex with brawlbox(mainly for ppl who can´t get blender to work or 3ds max)
if people can't get blender to work, just ask me ^o^

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on October 11, 2011, 06:03:47 PM


EDIT:
Melee is my beef >:3
I'm implementing an animation importer/converter into my model converter for formats like X or DAE which include internal animations
so that means we can rip animations from melee itself? and rename the characters bones to fit melee boneset? that is just epic i can see perfect melee imports :P cant wait for mewtwo  xD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on October 11, 2011, 06:18:33 PMso that means we can rip animations from melee itself? and rename the characters bones to fit melee boneset? that is just epic i can see perfect melee imports :P cant wait for mewtwo  xD
that's 100% of reason 2 on why I'm building this >:3

reason 1 is for my series "SSB Revenge of the Forgotton"
(I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Tcll on October 11, 2011, 06:07:36 PMif people can't get blender to work, just ask me ^o^
i got Blender to work but i almost dont understand one thing in that program
and 3ds max is alot easyer (in my option)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Jaklub on October 11, 2011, 05:50:13 PM
Someone has to get those model to work well in Brawl, you know.
Someone has to assemble those stages, you know.

Someone has to do it well, you know.

well, 'has' is a bad word, more like should, as no-one is forced to mod, right? But you get the point I hope

I know but you know now the model import + build animation + build PSA is dead, it's too hard.

But after for the vertex, idk what going happened...

wish I had an working 3ds max, when I could expremiment and help out about that DAE importing :/

but soon I am with my wii again and when I can test <3 yeay!
stoooooopid delfin! ._.

come on RTB and BJ96! we are almost there

this thread need an dancing alcapa
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: KTH on October 11, 2011, 06:36:45 PM
I know but you know now the model import + build animation + build PSA is dead, it's too hard.

Wouldn't it be easier since you don't even need to do a vertex hack any more? Importing a model is clicking a button. Vertex hacking has a lot more steps to it, so I don't know why it'd be harder. If anything, the hacker would be able to focus more on the last 2 steps now.

Quote from: KTH on October 11, 2011, 06:36:45 PM
But after for the vertex, idk what going happened...

They aren't going anywhere. It'll be easier to do that too. If it's a really high-quality vertex hack, do you think anyone's going to care that it's not ripped directly from the game or a model built from scratch?
If you've got a minute, check out my portfolio!
I'm always lookin' for fun projects to do, so if you think you'd want my help, just let me know!
I do all of my own modeling, texturing, rigging, and animating.

KTH, I've been following this conversation since the beginning, and I honestly have no idea where the heck you're going with this argument. x_x
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 06:05:57 PM
i was thinking on all the other think like a model import dont get same texture map as a brawl char. so that can maybe also desync

btw i also got a questing will it be possible to vertex with brawlbox(mainly for ppl who can´t get blender to work or 3ds max)

The models will be fine so much as they are rigged over the same bones as a pre-existing character. Everything else is -forlackofabetterword-client sided. Your client (wii + brawl iso) sends data to the other person's client (wii + brawl iso) where their wii interprets it accordingly. So for example, kit over zss, you select it. The game reads it as fitzerosuit00.pac and tells the other person's game fitzerosuit00.pac. I tried to make that simple and I might be incorrect. Please correct me if I am wrong.

As for the whole "vertex will be dead omg!" argument, people still make texture hacks right? Yes. The method of "vertex hacking" will be now a lot easier. You can import the model into 3DS, play with the vertecies and actually any other kind of modifier now, export as .dae, and then re-import as mdl0. It's the same model, just vertexed hacked through a different method. Also, you won't need to patch and your model will look exactly as it looked in 3DS. The other benefit to this is of course custom models, but for those of us who are not able to make custom models from scratch can use the method I just described. It's a win win for everyone. I don't see why people are complaining.

Quote from: Mariodk on October 11, 2011, 06:34:31 PM
i got Blender to work but i almost dont understand one thing in that program
and 3ds max is alot easyer (in my option)

alot of people hate the blender GUI...
I personally find it easy to work with >_>

I stopped using 3DS because of the errors with it, and it blue-screen'd my last compy...
personally though, 3DS's GUI is quite a cluttered mess when you need everything...

at least with blender, I can view things on a nice ~1024x768 screen while using the rest as buttons.
compaired to a crummy 320x240 (it's bigger, I'm just h8in) viewport on 3DS

now you see why I like blender so much...
everything's right there when you need it...
not click this, then click that and there's what you need, but then hide it when you finish.

EDIT:
the wii sends command data across the net
(the same data Replays get)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


@ tcll : Just saying, but by simply clicking on this little fellow at the bottom right, you maximize the viewport immediately. Clicking in the center of the 4 views also allows to change the proportions of each easily.

After that, hold central-click and/or Alt to navigate the view. It really isn't that hard of a program to use. It's just got a ton of functions that nobody ever tries to explore for shorcuts.
The taskbars are even detachable, which is pretty cool. :P
Round and round the signature goes ~
~ where it stops, nobody knows.

I find it intresting how all you vertexers and stage builders are saying you are going out of business...

Do as everyone else did when vertexing first started, adapt.
Honestly though I still finds that there will be a lot of work involved in this method. I mean hell we still have to figure out ripping from some games for a start if you wanted a model from a game that hasn't been cracked yet. You also could make the model from scratch which is even more work but would be fun in my opinion. Really this is just open ing new opportunities for model edits.

Quote from: Miacis Ballard on October 11, 2011, 07:19:54 PM
@ tcll : Just saying, but by simply clicking on this little fellow at the bottom right, you maximize the viewport immediately. Clicking in the center of the 4 views also allows to change the proportions of each easily.

After that, hold central-click and/or Alt to navigate the view. It really isn&#039;t that hard of a program to use. It&#039;s just got a ton of functions that nobody ever tries to explore for shorcuts.
The taskbars are even detachable, which is pretty cool. :P
yea...
I've always approved that feature of detatchable toolbars >_>
(especially when having 3 monitors)

eh...
I guess now I just don't trust it anymore...
blender's always been +1 for me where 3DS has been 0
(not -1 as I have been able to do a few things)

blender's downfall is people hate memorization...
I still rmbr blender's keyboard shortcuts after about 3 months of not having it :D
favorite shortcut is Alt+M or Merge ^_^

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.