Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 21, 2011, 11:23:14 PM
I put some more work into the PMD importer today. The following image is not a dae. :vyse:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Still no weights yet though.
Since it would be able to import PMD models, would the imported models use blank texture references for any vertex-coloured polygon sections (that you'll have to fill in with filler textures), or would it actually use vertex colouring for those?

October 22, 2011, 12:16:33 AM #5281 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 12:21:54 AM by BlackJax96
Quote from: RandomTBush on October 22, 2011, 12:06:43 AM
Since it would be able to import PMD models, would the imported models use blank texture references for any vertex-coloured polygon sections (that you'll have to fill in with filler textures), or would it actually use vertex colouring for those?

I'm not completely sure yet, actually. If I were to force filler textures then I would need to figure out how to separate the mesh by the materials that use it. I don't really know how I would do that, so I might just wind up just coloring the vertices with a Color node (which would be a lot easier I guess).

But then again, I would still need to separate the mesh by material for any textures that are used. So that's gonna cause some problems...

*Whoosh* Over my head. Anyways great job Bj ^_^ I look forward to using this bb (as always stated XD)
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Awesome progress is awesome BJ :l
Now to find a PMD model of Anko that's fully rigged =3

Or I could find a working 3DS Max 8 link to download the installer =-=
(If anyone has just the installer please pm that to me :l )

Oh, and most Naruto Clash of Ninja characters have like three textures =3 so that means easy retexturing with that step :)

Damn it, BJ, will you stop teasing me with those Miku imports?? LOL

October 22, 2011, 03:14:13 AM #5285 Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 03:26:01 AM by BlackJax96
I'm almost done grouping the triangles as tristrips to save space.
Also, I enabled vertices/normals/uvs to be written as float/short/byte now, so that should save even more space. (I had disabled it for testing purposes)


I also need a better image of this face.



like that or bigger :af:

and yay at progress
...
3DS Friend Code: 5284-2093-8448
PM if you add?



Quote from: Ls777 on October 22, 2011, 03:32:01 AM
here you go. better.



Unfortunately, I am extreme disappoint. For I am no [censored] brony.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 22, 2011, 03:35:31 AM
Unfortunately, I am extreme disappoint. For I am no [censored] brony.


:vyse: word.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



and :vyse: are now friends.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: BlackJax96 on October 22, 2011, 03:35:31 AM
Unfortunately, I am extreme disappoint. For I am no [censored] brony.




   

"one may lead another to fantastic rainbow hair, but one cannot force another to partake in fantastic rainbow hair" 
-Albert Einstein

"Quotes from the internet are dubious, simply because they cannot be proven"

- Abraham Lincoln.