Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

August 16, 2012, 04:34:34 AM #12240 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:49:53 AM by SomeKindOfMetroid
I had half a post typed out about how to try to force Windows to let you choose it, but you know what, forget it.

Download File Types Manager. Open it up, let it load all the file types, then go find the BrawlBox file types you want. Click one, and then the box at the bottom of the window will show which program opens it (or, in your case, it might be blank).

Right click in that space and select 'New Action' (or edit the existing one if it isn't blank). Type 'open' (no quotes) in for both 'Action Name' and 'Menu Caption.' In the 'Command-Line:' space, enter the following:


"PATH TO YOUR BRAWLBOX.EXE" "%1"

Put the file path to your version of BrawlBox in the first set of quotes, including the filename at the end. It also has the options to Browse for the file and select from running programs, which I've never used but should work fine.

@your edit: Um, that's weird. I think you must be doing something wrong, but just follow the method above and it won't matter.

BJ i have a wied problem with bb 67 and bb 67b whenever i click a bone on the model previewer the bone goes to the infinity with some huge translation values and huge rotations values any tip why it does that? i virtually cant touch bones in 67 ownwards and if i use 65c it works perfectly so just wondering if you know what i need to fix
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SomeKindOfMetroid on August 16, 2012, 02:00:52 AM
Got bored and did this. Actually makes navigating to the right files a whole lot easier.


Google 'forum image rotator.'
ive done that too, only I jsut use recolors of the blank file sheet icon (green for BRSTM/PAC/PCS, lime for brres, red for BIN/BRSAR, blue for THP, yellow for REL, and black for GCT

can you open GCTs with BB? O.o

Wolf is one of those characters who can't have their moveset opened in BB.67b isn't he? If he's not... it sure isn't working for me. >_>;
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: jokekid on August 16, 2012, 11:58:36 AM
can you open GCTs with BB? O.o
No. He just means that's another file he made an icon for.

Actually... no movesets are working for me anymore. It keeps saying BrawlBox has stopped working every time I load one...

Anyone else experience this or know how to fix it?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Carnage on August 16, 2012, 10:50:57 AM
BJ i have a wied problem with bb 67 and bb 67b whenever i click a bone on the model previewer the bone goes to the infinity with some huge translation values and huge rotations values any tip why it does that? i virtually cant touch bones in 67 ownwards and if i use 65c it works perfectly so just wondering if you know what i need to fix

redownload v0.67b then try it

August 16, 2012, 04:33:42 PM #12248 Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:38:25 PM by Kagemaru
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MoveDefNode.OnPouplate()
 at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.get_Children()
 at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Populate(Int32 levels)
 at System.Windows.Forms.ModelMovesetPanel.LoadMoveset()

This error showed up for me once...

But aside from that, its still just going "Brawlbox has stopped working" when I try to load a moveset in the previewer.

Also, when I try to load one in the regular viewer, when trying to expand the moves, the expand button just vanishes...

Edit: And I tried to load a Default.pac... and it worked. But it doesn't seem to be loading any movesets that aren't default.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I'll have to mess around for compatibility with PSA more, I guess.

Anyway Fighter.pac parsing is going smoothly and I'm updating the regular moveset rebuilder too. Item movesets are easy too.

Heck, even RELs are starting to become easy to understand (for me)

I have hit a minor wall with REFF though, still trying to figure out how to parse the animations.

...tristripper has gone nowhere though LOL

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 06:13:54 PM
I'll have to mess around for compatibility with PSA more, I guess.

Anyway Fighter.pac parsing is going smoothly and I'm updating the regular moveset rebuilder too. Item movesets are easy too.

Heck, even RELs are starting to become easy to understand (for me)

I have hit a minor wall with REFF though, still trying to figure out how to parse the animations.

...tristripper has gone nowhere though LOL
These updates fill my heart with joy :happy:
3DS FC: 5370-0958-4818
Wii U NNID: Doraleus

Quote from: Sky Grounder on August 16, 2012, 06:16:11 PM
These updates fill my heart with joy :happy:

Speaking of you and updates, those values you were saying in STPM that were supposedly ints were actually 4 bytes. I'm not sure if they're RGBA colors or what but sometimes some values are float, and other times they're 4 bytes in the same spot. Not sure what controls that or if it's just a coincidence that sometimes the 4 bytes appear as a readable float lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on August 16, 2012, 06:13:54 PMtristripper has gone nowhere though LOL
...  :rage:
NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

So no advice on how to fix my issue?

Another question: Why is it that whenever I check this thread... my computer freezes for a while... Just this thread.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: Kagemaru on August 16, 2012, 06:29:30 PM
So no advice on how to fix my issue?

Another question: Why is it that whenever I check this thread... my computer freezes for a while... Just this thread.

Nope, I can't figure out anything from just a populate error. I just said I'd look into better PSA (backwards) compatibility lol

And probably cuz this thread has 818 pages or something