Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

RSAR management / replacement's really all I want to mess around with at the moment, so I toss in a vote for a release after fixing the first bug as well.

Hm... this version doesn't have sub routines in it does it?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

April 06, 2013, 11:40:26 PM #13832 Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:46:52 PM by BlackJax96
Two more bugs to add:
- Sometimes rig edits save incorrectly
- Sometimes vertices RUN AWAY randomly when or after you edit weights

:(

All these vertex features are completely new though so I guess that's just what happens in the first release.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 06, 2013, 11:39:09 PM
Hm... this version doesn't have sub routines in it does it?

Moveset editing in Brawlbox is now deprecated and will be removed in v0.69.
It's all moving to Ikarus so I haven't made any changes in the meantime.

Sorry I'm late to the party, but congrats on all the new features. Also, will the Advanced Model Editor/Animation Editor look different from BB 0.67b? I could never get used to that one. D:

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on April 06, 2013, 11:59:42 PM
Also, will the Advanced Model Editor/Animation Editor look different from BB 0.67b? I could never get used to that one. D:

lolno, it's gonna stay that way, aside from my plans to move the bone list to the right side. Now go get used to it

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:03:28 AM
lolno, it's gonna stay that way, aside from my plans to move the bone list to the right side. Now go get used to it

Okay. just that alone is more like it. Okay, sounds like a plan then.

Icarus you say?

Where can I find more information on that? Will it also have PSA functions?
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

I dunno, I wouldn't release it with all dem bugs. Because you know what's gonna happen the moment someone tries to use the weight tool and vertices start flying everywhere.

But what do I know. You only yolo once, as they say.

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 07, 2013, 12:11:15 AM
Icarus you say?

Where can I find more information on that? Will it also have PSA functions?

i belive it is a program that has Chracter Specific modification tools
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Gamma on April 07, 2013, 12:11:50 AM
I dunno, I wouldn't release it with all dem bugs. Because you know what's gonna happen the moment someone tries to use the weight tool and vertices start flying everywhere.

But what do I know. You only yolo once, as they say.

Well, I could just DISABLE IT >D

Quote from: Kagemaru on April 07, 2013, 12:11:15 AM
Icarus you say?

Where can I find more information on that? Will it also have PSA functions?

You really haven't been around, have you.

Ikarus is going to be like OpenSA/Tabuu, Brawlbox and PSA combined except it won't be an unfinished trainwreck like OpenSA/Tabuu. You can thank Dantarion for that; Hi Danty.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:16:52 AM
Well, I could just DISABLE IT >D

Don't be lazy.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:16:52 AM... it won't be an unfinished trainwreck like OpenSA/Tabuu.

Yeah right. I bet you that [censored] won't even compile.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:16:52 AM
Well, I could just DISABLE IT >D

You really haven't been around, have you.

Ikarus is going to be like OpenSA/Tabuu, Brawlbox and PSA combined except it won't be an unfinished trainwreck like OpenSA/Tabuu. You can thank Dantarion for that; Hi Danty.

Quite right... I haven't been around a LOT lately and I've only recently (march 29th) decided to come back to Brawl Hacking from taking a long break from it (since I released Chun-Li) So yeah, I'm pretty far behind on this stuff. Thanks for being understanding.

Thanks for that information, but is there anything written anywhere? Just so I don't have to keep asking a bunch of questions about it? I don't wanna start annoying ppl and going off topic.
The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

Quote from: Haseyo on March 25, 2012, 06:34:20 PM
If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:16:52 AM
Ikarus is going to be like OpenSA/Tabuu, Brawlbox and PSA combined except it won't be an unfinished trainwreck like OpenSA/Tabuu.

That may be, but at least they don't tend to corrupt files...

Quote from: ds22 on April 07, 2013, 12:50:11 AM
That may be, but at least they don't tend to corrupt files...

Because it doesn't rebuild the file, it just puts the numbers back. So you can't add or remove anything.

Anyway I can't seem to fix this RSAR bug and it's starting to annoy me so idk if I should just release and run or suspend the release date again.

if you were me BJ,
it'd be suspended until it's fixed...

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.