Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:51:14 AM
Because it doesn't rebuild the file, it just puts the numbers back. So you can't add or remove anything.
If you're clever enough with Tabuu and a hex editor, you can add or remove stuff JS.
And speaking about numbers, why does BBox display them (especially offsets) as decimal while every other program displays them as hexadecimal?

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 12:51:14 AM
Because it doesn't rebuild the file, it just puts the numbers back. So you can't add or remove anything.

Anyway I can't seem to fix this RSAR bug and it's starting to annoy me so idk if I should just release and run or suspend the release date again.
Well, does it impact the rsar file itself?  It just shows a preview what it sounds in Brawlbox.  If it doesn't effect the file itself, then it's fine.  If it does, then I don't know.  But for right now, it sounds like there should be a release.

Quote from: TravixMan on April 07, 2013, 01:00:23 AM
Well, does it impact the rsar file itself?  It just shows a preview what it sounds in Brawlbox.  If it doesn't effect the file itself, then it's fine.  If it does, then I don't know.  But for right now, it sounds like there should be a release.

Oh yeah it builds the file fine.

Quote from: ds22 on April 07, 2013, 12:59:18 AM
If you're clever enough with Tabuu and a hex editor, you can add or remove stuff JS.
And speaking about numbers, why does BBox display them (especially offsets) as decimal while every other program displays them as hexadecimal?

Suit yourself. But sticking to what Kryal said way back; avoid displaying hex wherever possible. It's not user friendly. I want to make a moveset editor where it's stable enough to the point where you don't need to use or see offsets. Why specifically display them as hex if I was going to remove them anyway.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 07, 2013, 12:58:28 AM
if you were me BJ,
it'd be suspended until it's fixed...

I'm thinking that's what I'll have to do...
My life's purpose is to disappoint people until further notice

Why should we be disappointed? Because SOME people aren't patient enough to wait for it? :srs:

If you delay it with everything fixed it will seem much more awesome. But if you release it bugged then release it fixed it won't seem as awesome as everything fixed to begin with.

Quote from: SmashClash on April 07, 2013, 01:09:58 AM
If you delay it with everything fixed it will seem much more awesome. But if you release it bugged then release it fixed it won't seem as awesome as everything fixed to begin with.

^This. If anything, a bugged version will draw more complaints than a delayed one.

That's true. I guess I'll just suspend the release. It's not ready yet.

I always get really stressed out right before releases ;-;
I can never set a good release date.

I need to focus on fixing what needs to be fixed instead of adding new stuff for now.

...Can I get some testers for later?
That way when I think all the bugs are fixed I'll have the testers help me make sure everything works.
Big releases like this can't be tested by only one person :O

I'd be glad to. Do testers need to have anything specific?

I'd like to test out stuff. SCN0 specifically. I've been itching to build one from scratch.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 01:15:03 AM
That's true. I guess I'll just suspend the release. It's not ready yet.

I always get really stressed out right before releases ;-;
I can never set a good release date.

I need to focus on fixing what needs to be fixed instead of adding new stuff for now.

...Can I get some testers for later?
That way when I think all the bugs are fixed I'll have the testers help me make sure everything works.
Big releases like this can't be tested by only one person :O
I would be happy to test.
My 3DS Friend code : 3411-0459-5550
PM me your FC as well, K?
In my Friend Safari:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

My Blog: (http://snivymodding.blogspot.com/)
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 17, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
I live life on the EDDDGGGGEEEEE

Hey. No need to get stressed over this.

Ignore all the impatient people. They just don't understand all the hard work you gotta go through for this.

I'm willing to help test as well. Just PM me whenever you need me ;)

I suggest you don't give release dates as often as you do because it will hype people, draw in noobs, and increase expectations the longer away it is. So unless you are completely sure it will be released that day(like 1 or 2 bugs away and that it is guaranteed to work on other's computers) then a release date seems appropriate.

I can wait a while.  I am very occupied at the moment.

I'd be able to help test it.  

Yeah dude, just don't give a release date. When its ready and youre satisfied, release it. Also I'd love to test.

I wouldn't mind helping to test as well :)
hopefully this DL issue with gave92's wii-browser will get fixed soon...

then I'll be able to help you all I want :D
(as long as mother is home and I'm able to connect my wii to her phone)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.