Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.

well, it looks like I missed alot during this week when I was away!

and if you need any tester about some advance stuff like REFF or REL ect, you know where I am!
Stupid Tinypic :C

April 07, 2013, 02:30:00 PM #13876 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:37:58 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: DarkPika on April 07, 2013, 12:29:36 PM
oh please -_-*
all you have to do is run the program and look for anything that would cause the program to crash,
or causes the program to throw an error.

if it throws an error, that's even better :D
with that you can just copy the text and make a report for BJ :)

it's like using google code to report an issue XD
(don't use G-Code, use the forum, it's better that way) :P

You know what I mean...I know how to beta test, I genuinely don't know if he needs more testers or not.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 07, 2013, 02:30:00 PMI genuinely don't know if he needs more testers or not.
I'll have you answer that by asking this:
do you want to be a beta tester?? :)



also...
in the normal editor, will you have the options like:
- Recalculate Normals inside
- recalculate normals outside
- flip selected normals (selected faces)

can't wait for the UV editor btw =D
*hopes you will be able to see the model while editing the UVs* (like how blender does it)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 07, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
I'll have you answer that by asking this:
do you want to be a beta tester?? :)



also...
in the normal editor, will you have the options like:
- Recalculate Normals inside
- recalculate normals outside
- flip selected normals (selected faces)

can't wait for the UV editor btw =D
*hopes you will be able to see the model while editing the UVs* (like how blender does it)

Yes, I do in fact want to help be a beta tester. Whether or not I'll actually be one is yet to be determined.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 07, 2013, 03:39:00 PM
Yes, I do in fact want to help be a beta tester. Whether or not I'll actually be one is yet to be determined.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

then just wait for BJ to ask ;)

your spoiler:
as do I, which is why I'm working on my program to help model porting thrive...
(among many other uses it has)
I don't think you'll have to worry about it dieing ;)
there are many new people who will come to make it even better XD

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

It's good that you stuck to delaying it again. The less bugs/glitches, the better.

As for testing, I could try anything related the CHR0 animations that's new for v0.68 if you consider it. I could also try out the new things for the model viewer.

But quite a few people have already offered to test, so I'm not "holding my breath". :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

I do wish it was easier to add a set of bones to a model...
adding 49 bones in a particular order and then replacing them with what's needed can be quite a pain...
I did try hexxing the offsets, but that's tedious as heck,
and I still havn't finished it yet...
(issues with HexEdit when regaining focus)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 07, 2013, 05:20:36 PM #13882 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:22:07 PM by BlackJax96
Random fact:
There's so much code for the model viewer that I had to split up the main window code into partial classes. So now there's 28 files of code for everything in the model viewer, not including moveset stuff. That's a lot of code :srs:

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 07, 2013, 01:13:09 PM
For the Normals editor, will there be options like in 3ds max such as "Unify" or "Average"?

I would like there to be.

Although I realized that normals aren't just a rotation around the vertex, but instead a point in space relative to the vertex. Which makes my job a lot harder lol

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 07, 2013, 05:20:36 PM
Random fact:
There's so much code for the model viewer that I had to split up the main window code into partial classes. So now there's 28 files of code for everything in the model viewer, not including moveset stuff. That's a lot of code :srs:
oh... boy...
that's some really nice info for me to look foreward to for my viewer >_<

QuoteI would like there to be.

Although I realized that normals aren't just a rotation around the vertex, but instead a point in space relative to the vertex. Which makes my job a lot harder lol
I have documentaion that points out how to render the color used to render the vertex by (including the texture applied to it)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 07, 2013, 05:41:35 PM #13884 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:48:06 PM by A6M Zero
I'm exporting DAE files out of BrawlBox. I'm importing them into maya via FBX, but the rig breaks with the following error during import...

"While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
Warning: The transform of node "TopN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
Warning: The transform of node "BlasterM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
.
.
.
"

and so on down the list for every joint. Is there a way to fix this, is it an error with BB's exporter?

All of the UVs are intact, so reapplying materials is just a manner of doing it.

If the rig would export/import properly weighted, it seems like this is the easiest way to rip models for personal animation. Just convert to dae and open in autodesk software.

Has somebody already done this? The end result I want is weighted models with materials that I can rig with controls and such for personal animation. If it's already done, I'd like to just animate :P

Post Merge: April 07, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

Ehh..Probably just disregard that post. It seems like FBX is just not able to properly import dae hierarchies.

April 07, 2013, 06:05:49 PM #13885 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:06:40 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: DarkPika on April 07, 2013, 03:55:52 PM
then just wait for BJ to ask ;)

your spoiler:
as do I, which is why I'm working on my program to help model porting thrive...
(among many other uses it has)
I don't think you'll have to worry about it dying ;)
there are many new people who will come to make it even better XD

I'll see what happens with the whole beta-testing ordeal, but I shouldn't hold my breath.

Quote from: A6M Zero on April 07, 2013, 05:41:35 PM
I'm exporting DAE files out of BrawlBox. I'm importing them into maya via FBX, but the rig breaks with the following error during import...

"While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised.
Warning: The transform of node "TopN" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
Warning: The transform of node "BlasterM" is not compatible with FBX, so it is baked into TRS.
.
.
.
"

and so on down the list for every joint. Is there a way to fix this, is it an error with BB's exporter?

All of the UVs are intact, so reapplying materials is just a manner of doing it.

If the rig would export/import properly weighted, it seems like this is the easiest way to rip models for personal animation. Just convert to dae and open in autodesk software.

Has somebody already done this? The end result I want is weighted models with materials that I can rig with controls and such for personal animation. If it's already done, I'd like to just animate :P

Post Merge: April 07, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

Ehh..Probably just disregard that post. It seems like FBX is just not able to properly import dae hierarchies.

YUNO just ask at the maya specific tutorial?

April 07, 2013, 06:31:28 PM #13887 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:32:53 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: joke king on April 07, 2013, 06:26:14 PM
YUNO just ask at the maya specific tutorial?
actually, that's kinda more my fault...
I'm the one who brought him here from SWF :P

I didn't know about the maya tut XP

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 08, 2013, 01:33:53 AM #13888 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:36:25 AM by Ulala
So... do we have enough testers?
I'm not sure if I'd want to test it since I got a load of college stuff, but I'd really like to try the RSAR functions :)
You and I can be poor, but neither of us can be cheap.

April 09, 2013, 02:34:16 AM #13889 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:37:12 AM by DarkPika
BJ...
if I could make a big request,
could you please rename "shaders" to something more fitting.

there's no such thing as GXSL and BP is the texture framework...

what your "shaders" are are nothing more than shared Texture Parameters.


I'm getting real tired of telling people that they're not shaders


EDIT: unless there's an option such as gxCreateShader() :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.