Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 02:34:16 AM
I'm getting real tired of telling people that they're not shaders

You don't have to tell them. Just throwing that out there.



Anyway, BJ, there was a bug(?) in the 0.67b build that prevented me from editing color nodes or anything stored in arrays, really. Was that fixed o que?

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 02:34:16 AM
BJ...
if I could make a big request,
could you please rename "shaders" to something more fitting.

there's no such thing as GXSL and BP is the texture framework...

what your "shaders" are are nothing more than shared Texture Parameters.


I'm getting real tired of telling people that they're not shaders


EDIT: unless there's an option such as gxCreateShader() :/

Doesn't matter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader

What the shaders do fits that description perfectly.
If you want to get technical, they're pixel/fragment shaders.

I'm not changing it; don't ask again.
Don't bother wasting your time typing to argue either, because I do not care.

Quote from: Gamma on April 09, 2013, 02:43:08 AM
Anyway, BJ, there was a bug(?) in the 0.67b build that prevented me from editing color nodes or anything stored in arrays, really. Was that fixed o que?

You have to download the exact .NET 4.0 framework I posted in the OP for it to work.
It's not a bug, it's more of a stupid technical fault by MicroWiggas.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 02:47:50 AM
You have to download the exact .NET 4.0 framework I posted in the OP for it to work.
It's not a bug, it's more of a stupid technical fault by MicroWiggas.

Oh, that would... explain that.

April 09, 2013, 02:51:20 AM #13893 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:12:37 AM by DarkPika
Quote from: Gamma on April 09, 2013, 02:43:08 AM
You don't have to tell them. Just throwing that out there.
thanx for the concern...
but if I don't, then I get looked at like "WTF you talkin about" :srs:

what they are, is a seperated snippet of TEV data.
I could do the same exact thing with GL.
(not mentioning the fact that GX was based off of GL)


EDIT:
and I can argue with that BJ
shaders are programs written in C that are compiled on the GPU in real-time while running the api.

TEV's do the same thing as shaders, but they are run on the local program, and are generally slower in GL because of this...


because of the wii's system structure, the TEV's can be handled directly w/o any lag interference from a CPU.

they are TEV's, not shaders.
shaders do not exist on the wii


EDIT2:
I will give you credit for one thing though...
they are actually pseudo pixel/fragment shaders.


shaders weren't developed in early GL apps (until GL1.3 I think)
thus the TEV's (now unused and brutily ignored) were there to act as the pixel shaders we have now.

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

...Nah. They're pixel shaders.
At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

April 09, 2013, 03:15:51 AM #13895 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:26:12 AM by DarkPika
Quote from: Friedslick6 on April 09, 2013, 03:11:55 AM
...Nah. They're pixel shaders.
not to try to bamf you or anything ;)
but when did you become on expert on GL/GX shaders??
(which GX shaders don't exist)


EDIT:
AM I THE ONLY ONE ON THIS BLASTED FORUM WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS SOMETHING DECENT ABOUT GL!?? :srs:

honestly BJ...
do you even know what an FBO is?? :notimp:

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.


April 09, 2013, 03:28:59 AM #13897 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:46:00 AM by DarkPika
Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 03:25:09 AM
Same goes to you.
alright, I'll admit, I'm not an expert...
(as I can't program in C)
but I do know everything they're about.
thanx to the OpenGL 4.3 documentation as well as many other resources and a few people

EDIT:
if brbx can actually process models using VBOs in a solid FBO class backed up with OpenCL access,
then I won't look down on you as much.
if you at least know what to do with the above, but don't know how to write it exactly, then I'll hold you to that as well.

cause from the srcs I have of brbx, you havn't changed from using GL-direct mode.

do you still support glMaterialf() or have you actually moved on to shaders??

there's alot more I can ask... but I think you get me... :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

April 09, 2013, 04:22:06 AM #13898 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:24:25 AM by Nanobuds
Dark Pika...  :srs:

You really kinda sorta annoy me. It's too the point that it's pissing me off.

And you're not even arguing with me.

No one cares about what you know. If BJ wants your help, he'll ask for it. He doesn't need you trying to prove your smart and [censored] in this thread.

If you have so much to show off, go make a thread about it. You can show off as much as you know about programming that your little heart desires.

Just keep it out of here, god dammit.

I'm sorry BJ for this. But I really feel the need to say this to him


Quote from: Nanobuds on April 09, 2013, 04:22:06 AM
Dark Pika...  :srs:

You really kinda sorta annoy me. It's too the point that it's pissing me off.

And you're not even arguing with me.

No one cares about what you know. If BJ wants your help, he'll ask for it. He doesn't need you trying to prove your smart and [censored] in this thread.

If you have so much to show off, go make a thread about it. You can show off as much as you know about programming that your little heart desires.

Just keep it out of here, god dammit.

I'm sorry BJ for this. But I really feel the need to say this to him


I understand...
but I'm not trying to prove my smarts...
I'm trying to correct an improper term...

I mean, it's like calling BrawlBox "MeleeBox"
which it's not cause it doesn't even support melee...
just like GX doesn't support shaders.

I'm sorry if this gets on your nerves,
but I'm kindof put in your position on my end :/

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 03:28:59 AM
then I won't look down on you as much.

Are you kidding me?
Who codes the working program that people use daily? :srs:

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 04:30:24 AM
I understand...
but I'm not trying to prove my smarts...
I'm trying to correct an improper term...

I mean, it's like calling BrawlBox "MeleeBox"
which it's not cause it doesn't even support melee...
just like GX doesn't support shaders.

I'm sorry if this gets on your nerves,
but I'm kindof put in your position on my end :/

Dude, you just said you look down on me. And you expect me or anyone else to not get angry?

We used to be friends but you piss me off so much now ;-;

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 09, 2013, 04:22:06 AM
I'm sorry BJ for this.

it's O.K., just remember

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 09, 2013, 04:22:06 AMprove your smart

you're*



I'm only going to give you one suggestion Dark Pika; i don't know you, you don't know me. i'm not saying this cause everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to attack you and i feel left out.

what your doing is what i used to do on other Forum Boards i used to go to. always trying to prove a point and then retract it by saying, "i'm not proving a point, i'm just getting my opinion as to what something is called." or when people say, "your annoying." for example either A. you would post your own program in this thread. B. or try and say something irrelevant to the thread.

just lay off, think as to how you approach things and how people blatantly react to the decisions you made. i didn't until i turned 18; and i have been on forums since i was 14; and i'm turning 20.

just lay off and think before you act.


and an official question for Blackjax96:

when is Module editing: not full support but full module editing going to be included? not this release i know this, but is it going to be in the next release or when Module's have been figured out?
https://secrelocal.com - Chat With Girls - No Verify - Anonymous Casual Dating -   Secret Live Dating

Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 09, 2013, 04:43:07 AM
when is Module editing: not full support but full module editing going to be included? not this release i know this, but is it going to be in the next release or when Module's have been figured out?

Planning on v0.69, the module format is all figured out and it's pretty easy, aside from reading the objects.

Quote from: DarkPika on April 09, 2013, 04:30:24 AM
I understand...
but I'm not trying to prove my smarts...
I'm trying to correct an improper term...

I mean, it's like calling BrawlBox "MeleeBox"
which it's not cause it doesn't even support melee...
just like GX doesn't support shaders.

I'm sorry if this gets on your nerves,
but I'm kindof put in your position on my end :/
Yes, but pretty much all your posts that I see are just you trying to argue with BlackJax or talk about your programs and knowledge that he doesn't need to know about.

This is HIS development thread. Let BJ do his thing. You have your own opinion, yes. But if BJ doesn't want to hear it, don't try to push him around and argue with him.

Just drop it and move on. That simple. It's what grown-ups do, and I assume you're old enough to know that with the skills you try to show off.
Quote from: BlackJax96 on April 09, 2013, 04:39:48 AM

you're*
:>.>:

*ragequit*

April 09, 2013, 04:49:56 AM #13904 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:55:50 AM by DarkPika
Quote from: Ultraxwing on April 09, 2013, 04:43:07 AM

I'm only going to give you one suggestion Dark Pika; i don't know you, you don't know me. i'm not saying this cause everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to attack you and i feel left out.

what your doing is what i used to do on other Forum Boards i used to go to. always trying to prove a point and then retract it by saying, "i'm not proving a point, i'm just getting my opinion as to what something is called." or when people say, "your annoying." for example either A. you would post your own program in this thread. B. or try and say something irrelevant to the thread.

just lay off, think as to how you approach things and how people blatantly react to the decisions you made. i didn't until i turned 18; and i have been on forums since i was 14; and i'm turning 20.

just lay off and think before you act.


and an official question for Blackjax96:

when is Module editing: not full support but full module editing going to be included? not this release i know this, but is it going to be in the next release or when Module's have been figured out?
I just facepalmed so hard >_<
(in a good way)

thank you.


@BJ:
you're right. :(
I'm sorry I threw that out there like that...
I didn't mean to say something that would be taken exactly like that,
but I didn't know what else to say.

sorry again X(

Post Merge: April 09, 2013, 04:53:20 AM

Quote from: Nanobuds on April 09, 2013, 04:48:47 AM
Yes, but pretty much all your posts that I see are just you trying to argue with BlackJax or talk about your programs and knowledge that he doesn't need to know about.

This is HIS development thread. Let BJ do his thing. You have your own opinion, yes. But if BJ doesn't want to hear it, don't try to push him around and argue with him.

Just drop it and move on. That simple. It's what grown-ups do, and I assume you're old enough to know that with the skills you try to show off. :>.>:

*ragequit*
thank you :)
sry I let people get to me like that >_<

...
I mean that in the "WTF are you talkin about" way I posted earlier...
that's how they got to me ._.


EDIT:
btw...
I'm 22 :P

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.