Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 23, 2013, 04:43:27 AM
If it's the same bug, I fixed it.
Otherwise, write it here.

Okay, I did make a bug a couple of posts back, it's a very peculiar one at that prevents importing character and saving them as a new .pcs file. A think a video would do a better job explaining it. Essentially, in 0.67 when you replaced or saved a newly imported model over a character as both pcs/pac files, it would save just fine. In 0.68 and 0.68b, you can save pac files without error, however, when you save a .pcs, it crashes without warning. Saving it as an archive pack (both pcs and pac at the same time) also crashes 0.68b but not 0.67.  I'll post a video showing it momentarily, but I know the model itself isn't the issue, as I was able to do the same thing in 0.67.

I made some vertex changes to Sheik and re-imported it over her old FitSheik00.pcs and pac. Again, saving/overwriting pcs crashes 0.68b but not 0.67.


Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 23, 2013, 05:18:58 AM
Please don't.
I said I fixed it.


Weird, must have been a fluke. I can't reproduce it. Oh well.

Bug report.
1.Open .pcs file
2.Misc>Compression>LZ77
3.Save
4.  :oshi:

May 24, 2013, 12:18:37 PM #14509 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:20:18 PM by mnsg
Quote from: nudolf on May 24, 2013, 11:22:03 AM
Bug report.
1.Open .pcs file
2.Misc>Compression>LZ77
3.Save
4.  :oshi:

It's probably a fluke, as I never had that problem when I saved my .pcs files.  Then again, I've tend to alter the .pac files and save them as .pcs files afterwards.

May 24, 2013, 02:17:14 PM #14510 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:33:44 PM by BlackJax96
Tcll.
The topic.
Stay on it

Quote from: nudolf on May 24, 2013, 11:22:03 AM
Bug report.
1.Open .pcs file
2.Misc>Compression>LZ77
3.Save
4.  :oshi:

Already fixed
For now, set the compression to none and save as pcs.

May 24, 2013, 11:31:16 PM #14511 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 11:36:51 PM by DarkPika
Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 24, 2013, 02:17:14 PM
Tcll.
The topic.
Stay on it
but I have nothing to report about brbx taking a crap on PCS files...
you said it's fixed anyways...

I have everything to report about discussing new info in helping out with brbx.
I'll ask again,
When's your selfish friend gonna show his face??

otherwize I'm sticking to my original plans and making my findings about MDL0 fur data public like they should be.

please don't tell me your friend is Sarah Harp ._.
I'll have to bamf you if it is... lol

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 24, 2013, 11:31:16 PM
but I have nothing to report about brbx taking a crap on PCS files...
you said it's fixed anyways...

I have everything to report about discussing new info in helping out with brbx.
I'll ask again,
When's your selfish friend gonna show his face??

otherwize I'm sticking to my original plans and making my findings about MDL0 fur data public like they should be.

please don't tell me your friend is Sarah Harp ._.
I'll have to bamf you if it is... lol

No, he's not Sarah Harp, and he's not selfish.
You know why I'm not sending you to him? So you don't bother him.

And guess what. All the fur stuff already is public. You can view it in Brawlbox v0.68 and v0.68b.
All the format's structs (CTRL+F "MDL0FurVecData", "MDL0FurPosData") and specs are in the source code. :srs:

Now please, just drop the topic.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Yo. Doesn't seem like there's a way to expand/contract vertices. Say for example you select 4 and want them closer together/further apart if you could bring them to/away from a point that'd be great.

ah, so your src actually does make use of them

I've already got their structures fully figured out...

what I havn't got figured out is how they work, and I've had the feeling you know.

I'm sorry it had to come down to me pestering you for the info,
but I'm sick and tired of people with-holding info that should rightfully be public.

not to mention I've put a template out and have waited years for an email of something that uses the data...
thanx to your last src I DL'd a while back, I was able to fill in the blanks,
but it doesn't actually use the structures, which leaves me hanging until I have the info...


in a way, I'm kinda glad you don't want me bothering him as I'd prbly start quite a commotion...
I just hate selfish acts like what was demonstraited earlier...

anyways, I'll gladly drop the topic if I have everything I need to know. ;)

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Quote from: Flutterbombsexmachine on May 24, 2013, 11:58:04 PM
Yo. Doesn't seem like there's a way to expand/contract vertices. Say for example you select 4 and want them closer together/further apart if you could bring them to/away from a point that'd be great.

Rotating and scaling vertices isn't supported yet.
I'm currently working on rotation.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 24, 2013, 11:58:30 PM
ah, so your src actually does make use of them

I've already got their structures fully figured out...

what I havn't got figured out is how they work, and I've had the feeling you know.

I'm sorry it had to come down to me pestering you for the info,
but I'm sick and tired of people with-holding info that should rightfully be public.

not to mention I've put a template out and have waited years for an email of something that uses the data...
thanx to your last src I DL'd a while back, I was able to fill in the blanks,
but it doesn't actually use the structures, which leaves me hanging until I have the info...


in a way, I'm kinda glad you don't want me bothering him as I'd prbly start quite a commotion...
I just hate selfish acts like what was demonstraited earlier...

anyways, I'll gladly drop the topic if I have everything I need to know. ;)

I have no clue how to render them, but this is how it should look:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 25, 2013, 12:09:30 AM #14516 Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:12:41 AM by jimbo1qaz
I'm using version 0.66b because the latest crashes whenever I try to open any Ctools-created BRRES files, which are very important. I had to look around a lot for that particular version, which is on neither this thread nor Kryal's old thread. And I can't find the source for 0.66b at all.
Both the old and latest versions crash when I try to open a Sketchup 8.0 DAE file. I created a new file specifically for this purpose with nothing but the default "Susan" model. Apparently, BrawlBox is incompatible with the format used by Sketchup files or something.
I got a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error and don't know how to get a debug build.
Edit: Which versions of Visual Studio work? Will Express work?
I'm new to Windows development and just want to look around the code and maybe make a debug build if it helps, if you don't already have one.

Quote from: BlackJax96 on May 25, 2013, 12:03:01 AM
Rotating and scaling vertices isn't supported yet.
I'm currently working on rotation.

I have no clue how to render them, but this is how it should look:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Thanks. Keep up the great work.

Quote from: DarkPika on May 24, 2013, 11:58:30 PM
ah, so your src actually does make use of them

I've already got their structures fully figured out...

what I havn't got figured out is how they work, and I've had the feeling you know.

I'm sorry it had to come down to me pestering you for the info,
but I'm sick and tired of people with-holding info that should rightfully be public.

not to mention I've put a template out and have waited years for an email of something that uses the data...
thanx to your last src I DL'd a while back, I was able to fill in the blanks,
but it doesn't actually use the structures, which leaves me hanging until I have the info...


in a way, I'm kinda glad you don't want me bothering him as I'd prbly start quite a commotion...
I just hate selfish acts like what was demonstraited earlier...

anyways, I'll gladly drop the topic if I have everything I need to know. ;)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



man ive been wanting to do that

interesting...

I have an idea, which I think sounds about right...
it definatly makes sense >_>

the fur vec data I think would be the start points for each strand...
the fur layer data would prbly be the extended lines for each strand.
(the index in each layer is the extension in the line_strip for *that strand)

example:
1 - o
   /
 /
o - 2
|
|
o - 3

1: fur vec vert
2: fur layer[ 0 ] vert
3: fur layer[ 1 ] vert

I can't test that right now, but that's the only idea I have >_>

[spoiler]Quote: Friedslick6
you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.