Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 ... 1046
Author Topic: Brawlbox Resources & History  (Read 3862721 times)
Flutterbombsexmachine
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #14955 on: July 18, 2013, 07:16:16 AM »

When are rotating and shrinking/expanding vertices going to be features?
The vertex editor is great by the way. I made a model the other day using it and it's a lot simpler than having to import, export, maxscript, donkeybox. I love how you've integrated it straight into Brawlbox.

Alpha disguised as Zolo
Intermediate Kitten

Where's the sake at?

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #14956 on: July 18, 2013, 07:22:19 AM »

Rendering shaders within the model previewer is definitely a must for the next update, though I'll let the poll decide and BJ himself implement it whenever he wants.

Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14957 on: July 18, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »

The vertex editor is great by the way. I made a model the other day using it and it's a lot simpler than having to import, export, maxscript, donkeybox. I love how you've integrated it straight into Brawlbox.
    your post...
    I leik it... :3

it make me feel like turning UMC's viewer into an editor even sooner

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14958 on: July 18, 2013, 11:17:43 AM »

Hey guys, in about a year (when I'm going into senior year in HS) I'm planning to cease my developments on Brawltools (Brawlbox and Ikarus) and move on to making my own game.

I'm just saying this now so it's not a surprise.
    I'll probably stick around the forums, but I want to cut my ties with Brawl modding soon.
    Nothing lasts forever. Smiley
    I'm not sure of the exact day I'll stop right now, but it'll be sometime at the end of next summer.

Until then, though, I'll try my best to implement the four things on the poll in the order that you all voted and support all characters in Ikarus with a few more helpful features than Brawlbox, PSA and Tabuu all have to offer right now.

ANYWAY, onto the game I'll be developing in the future, if you're interested in knowing or helping me develop it:
    I'm going to make a 3D free roam fighting game (multiplayer with 2-4 players... hopefully even 8 ) with various fighting anime characters from different animes with their own movesets.

Think of the multiplayer of Halo, Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi, SSB/Soul Calibur, and the free roam aspect of Assassin's Creed ALL MIXED INTO ONE BIG GAME.

And when I say animes, I don't mean
    DBZ BLEACH NARUTO ONEPIECE FAIRYTAIL BLACKBUTLER DEATHNOTE
    nope!

Here's a few animes with characters I'll probably be including (subject to change):
    Black Rock Shooter
    Date a Live
    Kämpfer
    Is This a Zombie?
    Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere
    Bludgeoning Angel DOKURO-CHAN!!
    Rosario + Vampire
    Senran Kagura
    Heaven's Lost Property

I want buildings EXPLODING! cars FLYING! SHOOTING! FLYING! POWER UPS! bombs! FINAL SMASHES! hidden areas! and of course tits to top it off

I'm planning on using C++ and UDK3. I'm going to start next year because it'll probably take me all through senior year and college to make it, if not a bit longer. But I have to start my career somewhere, and I want to start BIG early. I can't spend all this time waiting to be specifically educated in the last two years of college; that's what every one else does! Tongue

However, since the game will have so many copyrighted characters in it, I'm not sure if I can sell it. If any characters get permission, though, I have a backup plan: offer characters/stages I can't get permission to sell with the game as free downloads that you add on to the game after you've bought it. GENIUS

Right now it seems like I'll be doing it all myself (which is crazy, but I'm willing).
    So I was wondering. Is there anybody here who would like to help me make this game? Or do any of you know anybody who would like to help?
    nobody likes anime and making games together, especially for free ;-;

I would like to have extra modelers, texturers, animators, riggers, programmers, extra anything helps just to split out the work load a bit, but I would like the keep the quality level of everything at a certain level. Heck, if you even just wanted to write out a moveset for the characters I have planned, even THAT would help.

I don't have any source of income right now (although I might in the future, and I'd split it with anyone helping), so the work would probably have to be done for free, but... I think the end result would be worth it for sure. And I've provided you guys with Brawlbox for the last 3 years, haven't I? Smiley

Note: donations motivate me to do anything and everything much faster. ;o

ASAP, and thank you :3
    That was probably one of the hardest coding challenges I've had so far, and it turned out great.

Rendering shaders within the model previewer is definitely a must for the next update, though I'll let the poll decide and BJ himself implement it whenever he wants.

It sounds like I'm implementing that and the tristripper in the next major update (v0.69) :O

What versions of 3ds are confirmed to import successfully to BrawlBox? I tried making BRRESes several times and they crashed in-game each time when I tried to run them in MKWii.

3ds Max 2014 has a working Collada exporter right off the bat. It's what I use now.
    You might be missing a few steps to get the model working in-game though. Not that I'd know for sure, I don't mod MKWii.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:24:11 AM by Young Lad » Logged

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14959 on: July 18, 2013, 11:26:56 AM »

Hi. A few years of video-game development here. (And 3-4 years character modeling, about 8 in animation).

I can help with most of those tasks. (I'm a jack-of-all-trades around here anyways...)

I don't care about getting paid. Really. That's boring. Making games is the fun part.

I'll help. So contact me, yeah? Sounds like Power Stone. Except, current-gen.

And no. You won't be able to sell the game. Not with copyrighted characters. You might want to pull an Anti-SSB64 or a Fighting is Magic and just replace all the characters with similar types though. Anyways, if you'll accept, I'm in.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 11:28:54 AM by Spex130 » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14960 on: July 18, 2013, 11:31:01 AM »

I had a feeling you'd post
    You're in! I'll contact you later today with specifics. Got Skype or revived MSN?
    You can probably help me out with some planning.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14961 on: July 18, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »

I had a feeling you'd post
    You're in! I'll contact you later today with specifics. Got Skype or revived MSN?
    You can probably help me out with some planning.

Woot! I'd be surprised if you didn't see that coming, really.

I do have a Skype, but I use it on average once every 3 months. (AKA, whenever someone PMs me here to get on.) You'll have to teach me how to add people on it.

Alpha disguised as Zolo
    Intermediate Kitten

Where's the sake at?

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14962 on: July 18, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »

It sounds like I'm implementing that and the tristripper in the next major update (v0.69) :O

No worries, mate.

Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 12:07:47 PM

No worries, mate. I guess it's better to give them what they want. XD
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:07:48 PM by ALPHAMARIOX - Lee Harrold » Logged

Skype - alphamariox

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ALPHAMARIOX

Steam - ALPHAMARIOX

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14963 on: July 18, 2013, 12:08:35 PM »

Ok, I just came up with a good idea. We can develop the game with our own custom characters and stages, and then if possible, create free DLC of characters and stages from actual animes. It sounds like that would work, since the game is entirely independent of said copyrighted characters.

But what do I know about copyrights. Cry We'll have to research it.

No worries, mate. I guess it's better to give them what they want. XD

Well, I want it too :3

Tawa Hoda
    Extreme Kitten

Photon Particles, Sun.

• Awards Ceiling Cat Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14964 on: July 18, 2013, 02:11:10 PM »

*Young Lad's game reveal he's been teasing at*
    Well that happened sooner than I expected. I didn't expect you to come right out and say within atleast a week of thinking about it and saying "YEAH IT'S HAPPENING."

Ok, I just came up with a good idea. We can develop the game with our own custom characters and stages, and then if possible, create free DLC of characters and stages from actual animes. It sounds like that would work, since the game is entirely independent of said copyrighted characters.
    Sounds like something the game's modding community would do if it would get one... If it's the Game Developers making mods for their own game... But it's not "actually" part of the game, what the heck is it? Addon? DLC? Official Modification?

You know very well I would help if I could, but I lack the skills you obviously require outside of having my support. I could try to learn a couple things before the year is through but I have nothing on my plate atm as a base. So yeaaaaaaah...
    *cough*Celesteon as a enemy group*cough*

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14965 on: July 18, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »

Well that happened sooner than I expected. I didn't expect you to come right out and say within atleast a week of thinking about it and saying "YEAH IT'S HAPPENING."
    Sounds like something the game's modding community would do if it would get one... If it's the Game Developers making mods for their own game... But it's not "actually" part of the game, what the heck is it? Addon? DLC? Official Modification?

You know very well I would help if I could, but I lack the skills you obviously require outside of having my support. I could try to learn a couple things before the year is through but I have nothing on my plate atm as a base. So yeaaaaaaah...
    *cough*Celesteon as a enemy group*cough*

I've been thinking about it for like, a year now.
    Free DLC

Tawa Hoda
    Extreme Kitten

Photon Particles, Sun.

• Awards Ceiling Cat Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14966 on: July 18, 2013, 02:47:32 PM »

Free DLC
    Doesn't DLC still require permission from the original creators of said content/characters/series?
    If it is DLC I'm making reasonable guess you would release 1 or 2 characters a month instead of all of them at the same time.
    Because dat overload, obviously.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:48:46 PM by Tawa Hoda » Logged

BlackJax96
    Brawl Mod God

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14967 on: July 18, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »

Doesn't DLC still require permission from the original creators of said content/characters/series?

It probably does, but I'm willing to get permission.
    But if I got permission, I might as well sell them with the game.

So that's why I said Free DLC. If we can't do Free DLC without permission, at least we still have a sellable game.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14968 on: July 18, 2013, 03:10:06 PM »

if it isn't free it sux >=3

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

GentlemanPotato
    Lol Kitten

Hey, wanna be in my gang?

• Awards Renowned Hacker Favorite'd Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14969 on: July 18, 2013, 03:11:19 PM »

Sounds like it'd be a really good game if you could pull it off. I'm not doubting your skills but I know how hard games are to make, I've been doing a uni course on making games for 2 years now and a lot of work goes into it.

Pages:  1 ... 995 996 997 [998] 999 1000 1001 ... 1046
    Print
    Jump to: