Brawlbox Resources & History

Started by BlackJax96, December 14, 2010, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.


@BJ

So if I was making an import over Link, could I model all his faces in 3ds max? Or do I need to edit the faces in BB?

You can make them in Max but you can't add or remove any vertices from the original face.
You gotta take the normal face, duplicate it, move the vertices however you want to make a new face.

If you have premade faces, a good way to check if they'll work is to add the Morpher modifier and try to add the other faces as morphs of the normal face. If you can't add them, they won't work. Pretty simple.

If you're looking for a tutorial on how to properly implement custom SHP0 morph sets, I can link you to a tutorial I wrote somewhere.

Yeah, it'll be great if you how me the tutorial.

Thanks!

Quote from: Xaj on October 02, 2013, 11:07:47 PM
I knew that the vertices had to be float, so when animations still exploded during tests I was pretty much stumped as to what was causing it. What I didn't know though was that applying multiple morphs at once could cause that. :o

Does it only happen when the sum of the morph values is greater than 1 or less than 0 (on any frame, keyframed or interpolated), or only when there's a keyframe for two different morph destinations at once?
Or both?
I think it only explodes when it's interpolated. In the start of the animation her smile and blink morphs is set to be 1 at the same time and it didn't explode. It could be because the vertices in the animation are different from each other (blink is set to the eyes, and smile is set to the mouth), which doesn't interact with each other.
Though, it was and still is trial and error when doing shp0 animation.

October 03, 2013, 04:59:06 AM #15275 Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:09:42 AM by Xaj
Quote from: Malfioz on October 03, 2013, 04:40:53 AM
I think it only explodes when it's interpolated. In the start of the animation her smile and blink morphs is set to be 1 at the same time and it didn't explode. It could be because the vertices in the animation are different from each other (blink is set to the eyes, and smile is set to the mouth), which doesn't interact with each other.
Though, it was and still is trial and error when doing shp0 animation.

Oh! That makes sense.

In the NW4R documentation, it says they use a simple formula that interpolates between two points with a percentage. I had originally used that, but it didn't work because I was applying each morph to the main set as a whole (not just to vertices that had different positions in each morph set), so only the last one applied showed.

I later had Brawlbox calculate the barycenter of each vertex in all applied morphs and the original set, so now it works under any circumstances with as many morph targets as you want. I guess the same doesn't apply for in-game since they only use the simple formula.

I do need to update the SHP0 editor a bit soon, so I can add some checks to make sure custom animations work in-game. :police:

Thanks for the insight. Another problem solved?

Oh yeah, what about model imports that use Brawl default SHP0s? Does anyone know if that works? I've only tested making custom ones for custom models. I guess I should test defaults too, huh.

Quote from: Xaj on October 03, 2013, 04:59:06 AM
Oh! That makes sense.

In the NW4R documentation, it says they use a simple formula that interpolates between two points with a percentage. I had originally used that, but it didn't work because I was applying each morph to the main set as a whole (not just to vertices that had different positions in each morph set), so only the last one applied showed.

I later had Brawlbox calculate the barycenter of each vertex in all applied morphs and the original set, so now it works under any circumstances with as many morph targets as you want. I guess the same doesn't apply for in-game since they only use the simple formula.

I do need to update the SHP0 editor a bit soon, so I can add some checks to make sure custom animations work in-game. :police:

Thanks for the insight. Another problem solved?

Oh yeah, what about model imports that use Brawl default SHP0s? Does anyone know if that works? I've only tested making custom ones for custom models. I guess I should test defaults too, huh.
I used a textures Original Link and modified its existing SHP0 in the motionect file and that did work.
the eyes had "Blink" around 50-70% to create the Face of Disappoint.

but if that wasnt the question, I used a Modified Dusknoir model with same SHP0s as Ganons and that works ingame too without explosions
Stupid Tinypic :C

I added a checkbox to the Collada import settings window to use the register color in each material instead of a color node that applies a color to every vertex. You can only check the option when "remap all objects to one color node" is checked.

Basically it uses the register color found in each material as a constant color for the entire mesh instead of a color node that applies the same color to every vertex (an extra byte for every facepoint), saving you approximately a [censored] ton of file size.

I also added a dropdown to change the default material culling.

Quote from: Sora_pikazz.rel on October 03, 2013, 03:19:48 PMI used a Modified Dusknoir model with same SHP0s as Ganons and that works ingame too without explosions

Ok, good.


Sup BlackJax!
i was wondering, can you add a stable maximized window for the BRSTM converter, because when i maximize it in the actual version, it looks apparently good, but the play/pause button disappears, what i like of the maximized version, is the longer playback bar, wich allows me to do more accurate rewinds
thanks, and keep up the nice work! (°-°)7
What exactly does this thread do?

You're not supposed to be able to resize it at all, but I'll fix it anyway.

Quote from: Xaj on October 04, 2013, 05:22:28 AM
I added a checkbox to the Collada import settings window to use the register color in each material instead of a color node that applies a color to every vertex. You can only check the option when "remap all objects to one color node" is checked.

Basically it uses the register color found in each material as a constant color for the entire mesh instead of a color node that applies the same color to every vertex (an extra byte for every facepoint), saving you approximately a [censored] ton of file size.

I also added a dropdown to change the default material culling.
You're wonderful. (:



Quote from: Dantarion on October 07, 2013, 10:52:41 PM
Are you updating the source anywhere?

yes
code.google.com/p/brawltools2/
When a new version is about to be released, I don't update it until the compiled version is out.

I'm trying to update Super Sawndz and I see that RWSDSoundNode is gone. Has it been renamed?